Media Glee at Villa Low Gate ?

smetrov

I think it's just one of those stats that goes viral and ends up being printed everywhere.

A bit like when Delph made his debut and every media outlet started reporting that we were now the team with the most England players ever (even though we already held that record and have done for some time)

it's relevant that the gate was the lowest for yonks. it reflects the current mess the club is in, and shows that supporters are voting with their feet.

true but was a cold monday night and game shown on Sky. Think if the next Saturday home game is as low as that then it will be a cause to worry in the boardroom

true but was a cold monday night and game shown on Sky....

Aye, but then again it's been cold before, and monday before, and Sky before. I take your point, but a gate of 25K declared was more like 22k or 23k actual. That's a long, long way down on the attendances in other times. I dunno if the board give a damn, or not, to be honest.

• Like 3

Aye, but then again it's been cold before, and monday before, and Sky before. I take your point, but a gate of 25K declared was more like 22k or 23k actual. That's a long, long way down on the attendances in other times. I dunno if the board give a damn, or not, to be honest.

true, i wasnt defending but think if was a 3pm saturday game it would have been worse. FWIW watching on the tv and all i could hear was Saints fans. was like one of them behind closed doors games you see in Europe sometimes :(

true, i wasnt defending but think if was a 3pm saturday game it would have been worse. FWIW watching on the tv and all i could hear was Saints fans. was like one of them behind closed doors games you see in Europe sometimes :(

The support from those there was fine I thought although I was one of them so am possibly biased. The trouble is that we were very negative again on Monday and as has been the case for most of the last year or so there has simply been nothing on the pitch to get behind as we rarely go for it and go all out for the win. Lamberts mentality is to protect the point we start with rather than go all out for the 3 points on offer. On Monday we again sat back with 3 deep lying centre midfielders who played with in yards of each other and two wide midfielders/forwards who spent 90% of the time in their own half as they had clearly been instructed to pretty much play as wing backs and help protect our fullbacks.

What I would say is that you are now getting down to the bare bones of the support and the hardcore and those that are more tolerant and will simply go shit or shine. I've kept going but I wouldn't for one minute criticize those that could no longer stomach the tripe being served up. I know longer enjoy it. I simpy go out of habit as this is my 27th year on the spin as a ST holder and its now what I do. It is now a chore though and not something I look forward to and 9 times out of 10 puts a big downer on what may otherwise have been a good weekend/evening.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I'm sure people smell blood, and we are a big prize. They all want to see us struggle and get relegated.

Can't blame anyone who does sadly. We contribute absolutely nothing to this league and haven't done for the last few years.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Just the same glee they take when Citeh don't sell out for CL games, when corporate seats at Wembley are empty 15 minutes after half time, when Arsenal announce the attendance as full capacity when their are plenty of season tickets holders who didn't bother attending.

The same kind of glee some of our fans feel when the Sty gets less than 10k.

• Like 1

Â