January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I can't believe anyone actually believes the quoted £5M fee.

Listening to Collymore earlier, he seems to think it'd be about half of that fee, with more being paid depending on the number of appearances he makes.

That sounds more like it, or more depending on how many goals he scores.

When we've done this in the past - Sutton, Holt etc, I could see the point, they were relatively cheap short term solutions that could help the team and then we could all move on - even with Heskey, he was a year or two younger than Lambert is when he arrived. In essence, I'd be happy enough with Lambert on a free until the end of the season, but with the wages, this is going to cost us more than we paid for Benteke - that can't be a good idea can it?

Forget the money for a second. It's not yours.

Will this help to keep us in the division? The answer to that, for me, is an emphatic yes. 

For me I don't really think it'll make a blind bit of difference - he's the fourth best striker at Liverpool and I think you can argue he'd be the fourth best striker here. I guess I just don't rate the player as highly as a lot of people seem to. 

I also can't ignore the money - we're putting a dent in the future in order to get a big lump that will give us nothing in particular for three months.

For £100,000 we could employ a lookalike to lurk around the training ground and just tell Benteke we'd signed him - that'd be just as effective surely?

Ah ok. That makes more sense. 

I think he's a much, much better player than you do clearly. 

Tim Cahill is rubbish and as been for a while now and wouldn't be a good fit for our team.

Hmmm? I begining to understand why you backed Lambert for so long?

Despite being a midfielder, Cahill is like a Bent  type player he never did very much except score goals. And when he was last at Everton even that quality dried up, he'd be the biggest waste of time ever.

When we've done this in the past - Sutton, Holt etc, I could see the point, they were relatively cheap short term solutions that could help the team and then we could all move on - even with Heskey, he was a year or two younger than Lambert is when he arrived. In essence, I'd be happy enough with Lambert on a free until the end of the season, but with the wages, this is going to cost us more than we paid for Benteke - that can't be a good idea can it?

Forget the money for a second. It's not yours.

Will this help to keep us in the division? The answer to that, for me, is an emphatic yes. 

For me I don't really think it'll make a blind bit of difference - he's the fourth best striker at Liverpool and I think you can argue he'd be the fourth best striker here. I guess I just don't rate the player as highly as a lot of people seem to. 

I also can't ignore the money - we're putting a dent in the future in order to get a big lump that will give us nothing in particular for three months.

For £100,000 we could employ a lookalike to lurk around the training ground and just tell Benteke we'd signed him - that'd be just as effective surely?

Really don't understand this. He has played less than half the time of Gabby and Weimann, mainly substitute appearances, but he showed us what he can do against us the other week. Cracking goal. We already have a lump upfront that has done nothing in particular for the last few months?

As someone whos pretty much watched every australian game cahill has played in, hes an absolute legend. Even at his age there isn't that many people better than him in the air. I don't think he has the stamina to start and last a whole game in the Premier League but i could definitely see him winning us a couple games coming off the bench. Better than our current striking options on the bench.

• Like 2