Pre-match thread

roonst83

Anyone know what's going on with tickets? Checked just before I went to lunch and they were still available, option was there to add to basket. Went to buy them and it now says still on general sale but unavailable to buy?

I can only assume as its the day before the game they have halted online sales as they cant send out the tickets in time. Best bet is to give them a phone as i'm sure there's some left. You can then arrange a pick up from the stadium.

This is only a guess though, but could explain it.

• The Hammers have won just five of the last 27 Premier League meetings with the Villans (W5 D13 L9).
  • Andreas Weimann has either scored (3) or assisted (1) four of Aston Villa's five Barclays Premier League goals this season. 

9/2 on offer for the win and roughly 3/1 for the draw 

Perm Villa and the Draw for 23/20 with B365, Gets a 10 from Len. 

Those odds don't entice me one bit.

• Like 1

• The Hammers have won just five of the last 27 Premier League meetings with the Villans (W5 D13 L9).
  • Andreas Weimann has either scored (3) or assisted (1) four of Aston Villa's five Barclays Premier League goals this season.
  • Aston Villa have only ever had fewer than 10 points in two previous Premier League campaigns after 10 matches (2005-06 and 2012-13).
  • Aston Villa have lost six consecutive league games for the first time since August 1967.
  • 17 points and a goal difference of +5 is West Ham's best ever start to a Premier League season.
  • West Ham have played 36 times against Aston Villa in the Premier League without ever earning a red card, the most games by a team who has not picked up a dismissal against a certain opponent.
  • Kevin Nolan has scored three goals in four Premier League games for West Ham against Aston Villa.
  • West Ham United have scored more headed goals than any other team in the Premier League this season (8) and three more than Sam Allardyce's team managed in the whole of last season (5).
  • Aston Villa have hit the target with a lower percentage of shots than any other team in the Premier League (29%).
  • Paul Lambert's side have won none of their last seven Premier League away trips to London (D1 L6) and lost the last five in a row.
Edited by Kingman

Predicting a poor performance where we look for a 0-0 then concede an early sloppy goal and create no chances to equalize then West Ham will pick us off and share around the goals.

4-0.

Edited by AndJo

Tonight will Probably be the best nights sleep the west ham defenders will have all season.

In fact, as i write Adrian will be picking out his new stripy deck chair to bring to his 6 yard box tomorrow.

3-0 defeat

Sakho, Downing and Noble penalty after a handball by one of our plodders.

Edited by sonic_bouma

It's going to be seven defeats in a row isn't it. If it is then we might as well just give up because we will be relegated like Fulham were - they lost seven in a row at some point last season around Christmas time. In fact, to end that run, didn't they beat us?? Haha.

Guzman

Loughton Vlarr Barker Sisookoo

Santez

Cleverson Wetwoods Kohl

Insomnia

Wiseman

Who is Kohl?
Come on, have a think!

Just got it now. Feel stupid for not getting it earlier but in my defence he has only played about 30 minutes for us

• Like 1

No Benteke, no hope.

Which makes absolutely no sense, as our undefeated streak at the beginning of the season was minus Tekkers. Personally, I think Tekkers was very selfish at the Spurs game. During the game he took a punt at goal and fluffed it... if he had simply tapped it to Westy (pretty sure it was him) then he would have had an easy tap-in. Even ignoring the red card, you could see he was getting frustrated with the fact he hadn't scored since being back - that is dangerous for us. The last thing we need right now is individuals trying to prove themselves and getting pished off when they can't convert. The team needs to be glued together and all working in tandem.

As for Stewart Downing:

- In 63 apps for Villa he scored 9 goals (9 ÷ 63 = 0.142 goals per appearance)

- In 41 apps for the Hammers he's scored 3 goals (3 ÷ 41 = 0.073 goals per appearance)

Granted, goals aren't the be-all and end-all... but with that kind of stat, I'm not really bothered by him. So what, he's been called up to England... so has Delph and I haven't seen him do much.

Diafra Sakho on the other hand has scored 6 in 7 apps - that's worries me like fook :mellow:

How many goals has Downing created this season...