Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I'd rather see Grealish and someone like Robinson (I know he's out on loan) instead of Zog and Weimann. At least it would be trying something different instead of doing the same thing over and over, when it clearly isn't working.

Edited by packoman

Thanks for the update Trent. It really is pathetic that the club don't come out and tell the fans what is going on. What will the fans that don't check VT think? They must think he is simply not good enough to play.

Pleased to see N'Zogbia in for Gabby which is a positive.

On the negative side Bent should be in for the hopelessly out of form Weimann.

The central midfield mix looks too defensive and too similar. Would have preferred to see Cole in there in place of Westwood or Cleverley.  

Cleverley will have to get forward a lot more than he has in previous games in support of the 'front 3' to make this have any chance of working IMO.

Grealish is not the answer, he is to weak. He has some skills but he hasn't played since he come on at Man City and I'm not surprised as he was embarrassing against there big strong side.

So the answer is picking the same team over and over?

Thanks for the update Trent. It really is pathetic that the club don't come out and tell the fans what is going on.

Well, they're not going to say "Jores is still recovering, but we've found he's very reluctant to turn on his injured leg". Bit of a giveaway for oppo scouts.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Trent. It really is pathetic that the club don't come out and tell the fans what is going on.

Well, they're not going to say "Jores is still recovering, but we've found he's very reluctant to turn on his injured leg". Bit of a giveaway for oppo scouts.

Well they are obviously not going to say that, and I wouldn't expect that either. All we need is just one line, Okore is still trying to get up to the speed of the Premier League after his injury. Simple, no conspiracy theories needed.

Well they are obviously not going to say that, and I wouldn't expect that either. All we need is just one line, Okore is still trying to get up to the speed of the Premier League after his injury. Simple, no conspiracy theories needed.

I think its a case of a manager trying (again) to protect a player to his own detriment with some fans.

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but didn't Lambert say basically that, recently?

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but didn't Lambert say basically that, recently?

Yeah he did read it on BM

Pleased to see N'Zogbia in for Gabby which is a positive.

On the negative side Bent should be in for the hopelessly out of form Weimann.

The central midfield mix looks too defensive and too similar. Would have preferred to see Cole in there in place of Westwood or Cleverley.

Cleverley will have to get forward a lot more than he has in previous games in support of the 'front 3' to make this have any chance of working IMO.

I disagree about Bent. I'd rather play Bacuna, Weimann, Richardson or Grealish in forward roles. Bent offers us nothing, has looked slow and is basically a 'last resort', in my eyes.