Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Listen, the team sheet might come as a surprise to a few people it might not but as far as I understand it there aren't all that many options available to Lambert.

Gabby has been dropped, that is no surprise and is a reflection on his form and has nothing to do with the BS rumours about a falling out which simply didn't/haven't happened. The two get on well but quite simply he hasn't played well enough of late to retain his place.

As for Okore, the sad truth is that so far the lad hasn't recovered fully from the injury he sustained last season and currently isn;t at the level required for the PL.

I'm sure Lambert would love to have him available for selection ahead of the likes of Clark and Baker but that just isn't an option right now and might not be for quite some time.

There's options other than the exact same way as every week.

Okore ain't gonna play for us again.

We've had no explanation as to why he hasn't been given a chance.

Had such high hopes for him aswell

Absolutely hate lambert why oh why has he ignored that kid.

Do you really think a manager - bearing in mind this is his career and his reputation also - would sign a player that he thought had great potential and then ignore him and refuse to play him with out any reason?

Sometimes I'm at a loss as to what goes through peoples heads sometimes.

Well bloody tell us whats up the club tell us f all

N Zogbia over Grealish?! Woeful player.

Grealish may be inexperienced but he would play with passion and would provide some creativity.

No idea what is going on with Okore - either he isn't as good as promised or he has not (and maybe will not) recovered from his injury.

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar ©, Baker, Cissokho, Westwood, Cleverley, Sanchez, Weimann, N’Zogbia, Benteke

Subs: Given, Cole, Bent, Richardson, Clark, Grealish, Agbonlahor

BBC and Sky Sports have Senderos on bench and no Grealish
Christ I hope not.

No need for two CBs on the bench

We only have one defender on bench if not, unless Richardson is going to go wing back if needed

I just have.

Trust me when I say, Okore isn't an option right now.

It really does make me sick - I know it's a well beaten drum that we have bad luck injuries, but injuries that have curtailed our most promising talent just seem ridiculous - Delph, Gardner, Okore.. even Benteke to a certain extent, Curtis Davies was supposedly a decent prospect before he snapped his achilles. Maybe I'm pushing it with the last one..but Okore seemed very comfortable last season considering the step-up in addition to the big sides we'd supposedly beaten for his signature... so frustrating.

I just have.

It really does make me sick - I know it's a well beaten drum that we have bad luck injuries, but injuries that have curtailed our most promising talent just seem ridiculous - Delph, Gardner, Okore.. even Benteke to a certain extent, Curtis Davies was supposedly a decent prospect before he snapped his achilles. Maybe I'm pushing it with the last one..but Okore seemed very comfortable last season considering the step-up in addition to the big sides we'd supposedly beaten for his signature... so frustrating.

Totally agree, we've had a horrific run over the last few years.

I just have.

Grealish is an option and would improve our starting XI yet doesn't make the bench (I think!). Okore situation may be beyond Lambert's control but for me it's very poor management to not start with Grealish. He's clearly got the confidence. If anything I think that keeping him on the sidelines will only be detrimental to his development.

If you don't mind me asking, how has Okore come to play for Denmark U21s? Are we approving it as games at a lower level to get him used to the physicality again, or is it something we're against but unable to prevent?

Grealish is an option and would improve our starting XI yet doesn't make the bench (I think!). Okore situation may be beyond Lambert's control but for me it's very poor management to not start with Grealish. He's clearly got the confidence. If anything I think that keeping him on the sidelines will only be detrimental to his development.

He is on the bench, which at this stage is where I think he should be.

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, how has Okore come to play for Denmark U21s? Are we approving it as games at a lower level to get him used to the physicality again, or is it something we're against but unable to prevent?

Perfectly fair question, being 100% honest I'm not certain on the answer but I'd say it is more the former than the later but its a good question and one I will try and find out the answer on.