Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar ©, Baker, Cissokho, Westwood, Cleverley, Sanchez, Weimann, N’Zogbia, Benteke

Subs: Given, Cole, Bent, Richardson, Clark, Grealish, Agbonlahor
Edited by packoman

Okore ain't gonna play for us again.

We've had no explanation as to why he hasn't been given a chance.

Had such high hopes for him aswell

At least Gabby has been dropped. We have all been crying out for that.

The only positive.

Weimann and one of Cleverley and Westwood should be joining him on the bench

• Like 1

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar ©, Baker, Cissokho, Westwood, Cleverley, Sanchez, Weimann, N’Zogbia, Benteke

BBC and Sky Sports have Senderos on bench and no Grealish

Christ I hope not.

No need for two CBs on the bench

I got that off the Villa twitter page, so I assume it's correct (wouldn't be surprised if they got it wrong though)

Edited by packoman

That's understandable, pretty similar players. They look the same as well, just about.

Makes no sense to have Clark and Senderos on the bench so should be Grealish.

I'm gonna be so annoyed if ( or should I say when) Lambert plays a midfield trio of Sanchez Westwood and Cleverley.

I can only assume if he does he has learnt nothing from the last 5 games.

On another note I saw the episode of Father Ted the other day where the over 80's priests have a game of football.

By the end of it I was jealous that none of them plays for Villa.

Be annoyed, I am.

Listen, the team sheet might come as a surprise to a few people it might not but as far as I understand it there aren't all that many options available to Lambert.

Gabby has been dropped, that is no surprise and is a reflection on his form and has nothing to do with the BS rumours about a falling out which simply didn't/haven't happened. The two get on well but quite simply he hasn't played well enough of late to retain his place.

As for Okore, the sad truth is that so far the lad hasn't recovered fully from the injury he sustained last season and currently isn;t at the level required for the PL.

I'm sure Lambert would love to have him available for selection ahead of the likes of Clark and Baker but that just isn't an option right now and might not be for quite some time.

• Like 4

Okore ain't gonna play for us again.

We've had no explanation as to why he hasn't been given a chance.

Had such high hopes for him aswell

Absolutely hate lambert why oh why has he ignored that kid.

Do you really think a manager - bearing in mind this is his career and his reputation also - would sign a player that he thought had great potential and then ignore him and refuse to play him with out any reason?

Sometimes I'm at a loss as to what goes through peoples heads.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

Listen, the team sheet might come as a surprise to a few people it might not but as far as I understand it there aren't all that many options available to Lambert.

Gabby has been dropped, that is no surprise and is a reflection on his form and has nothing to do with the BS rumours about a falling out which simply didn't/haven't happened. The two get on well but quite simply he hasn't played well enough of late to retain his place.

As for Okore, the sad truth is that so far the lad hasn't recovered fully from the injury he sustained last season and currently isn;t at the level required for the PL.

I'm sure Lambert would love to have him available for selection ahead of the likes of Clark and Baker but that just isn't an option right now and might not be for quite some time.

I'm so sick of people making excuses for the manager ;)

• Like 1