Paul Lambert

limpid

if he was at any other club Lambert would have been sacked by now - not suggesting that is the right decision but that is the truth.

The problem is the money wasted on Houllier and McCleish and their back room staff plus the money waxed up the wall on squad players O'Neill never player has meant that Lerner will not pay out again on sacking Lambert.

Also can people stop saying we spent 7mil pounds on Kozak, it was more like 5.

if he was at any other club Lambert would have been sacked by now - not suggesting that is the right decision but that is the truth.

At a similar sized club Lambert would have landed more of his first choice targets and would not be in this precarious position. He needs more time and the correct level of funding from Lerner (or a new owner).

The problem is the money wasted on Houllier and McCleish and their back room staff plus the money waxed up the wall on squad players O'Neill never player has meant that Lerner will not pay out again on sacking Lambert.

Actually, that's your opinion. He's done an ok job with the resources he's had available.

• Like 1

I've said it before on this thread but I'm sick of losing at home and having to suffer away fans taking the piss week after week. That's 10 defeats at home now in all comps this season. Pathetic.

I'd love to know how we're progressing. A few highlights from this season,

* Worst home form in the league

* Knocked out of the FA Cup by League One Sheffield United

* Embarrassing defeats to Palace & West Ham

* Second worst possession stats in the League

On the plus side, at least we didn't get knocked out the Capital One Cup by a League Two side. Maybe that's where the progress is ?!?! Joking aside, how he can be offered a three year contract defies logic. If McLeish was in charge, there would have been riots by now.

He's so tactically inept. Why are we still playing the same formation at home? Sunderland last season aside, when was the last time we played a team off the park at home? We were lucky v City, Cardiff was OK for the last 30 mins and Albion was just a crazy game. When will he give up on this narrow formation which nearly got us relegated last season?

• Like 2

I do hear the argument that PL has not had his first choice targets and I also know that it is extremely difficult for him to defend HIMSELF with that line, but

do you think Graham Taylor, Brian Little, John Gregory,Ron Saunders, Ron Atkinson.......had their first choice targets.

There comes a time, when it is what it is and he has to take it on the chin

ps and just to top it all Sidwell just scores against Man U with a Holtby Cross....where's that *****ing black cat.

I'd like a foreign manager who can't speak English next and a mysterious interpreter

So basically the only thing that we are missing at the moment is the mysterious interpreter?

ones that don't understand " we go again"  an "Honest Bunch of lads" or  " I thought we were really excellent" ..................after getting outplayed

• Like 1

I've said it before on this thread but I'm sick of losing at home and having to suffer away fans taking the piss week after week. That's 10 defeats at home now in all comps this season. Pathetic.

I'd love to know how we're progressing. A few highlights from this season,

* Worst home form in the league

* Knocked out of the FA Cup by League One Sheffield United

* Embarrassing defeats to Palace & West Ham

* Second worst possession stats in the League

On the plus side, at least we didn't get knocked out the Capital One Cup by a League Two side. Maybe that's where the progress is ?!?! Joking aside, how he can be offered a three year contract defies logic. If McLeish was in charge, there would have been riots by now.

He's so tactically inept. Why are we still playing the same formation at home? Sunderland last season aside, when was the last time we played a team off the park at home? We were lucky v City, Cardiff was OK for the last 30 mins and Albion was just a crazy game. When will he give up on this narrow formation which nearly got us relegated last season?

.....perhaps the "Hotline" to Martin O'Neill is down.

At a similar sized club Lambert would have landed more of his first choice targets and would not be in this precarious position. He needs more time and the correct level of funding from Lerner (or a new owner).

No No NO!!!!  He needs tactical nous, motivational skills and conviction to stay consistant with the style of play that works. Why does no one listen!!!!   The team works, LIVERPOOL, WEST BROM, MAN CITY, SOUTHAMPTON! We have seen this team play football. Its tactical ability thats killing this team. We win away cant win at home, does this not tell you its down to the manager!!!!!!!! He has no idea when it comes to home form, only Lambert can change that, or does he need 100 million to win at Villa Park!

If McLeish was in charge, there would have been riots by now.

I agree absolutely with this.

I thought the claims that fans just hated McLeish because of the Blues connection was invented by the shit-stirring media (we all wanted him gone for the dross served up on the pitch, right?), but the longer Lambert gets away with similar performances, the more I think they might have been right.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I do hear the argument that PL has not had his first choice targets and I also know that it is extremely difficult for him to defend HIMSELF with that line, but

do you think Graham Taylor, Brian Little, John Gregory,Ron Saunders, Ron Atkinson.......had their first choice targets.

There comes a time, when it is what it is and he has to take it on the chin

I suspect the managers listed had more lucrative budgets and attractive quality players (top targets) to the club, Lambert has not been afforded the same opportunity unfortunately. There will come time when Lambert will decide whether he wants to continue working with a tiny budget. I think Lambert will resign before being sacked.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

No No NO!!!!  He needs tactical nous, motivational skills and conviction to stay consistant with the style of play that works. Why does no one listen!!!!   The team works, LIVERPOOL, WEST BROM, MAN CITY, SOUTHAMPTON! We have seen this team play football. Its tactical ability thats killing this team. We win away cant win at home, does this not tell you its down to the manager!!!!!!!! He has no idea when it comes to home form, only Lambert can change that, or does he need 100 million to win at Villa Park!

He has all the skills needed but not the funds to build a consistent top side. BTW you do know the opposition are playing against us.

• Like 1

Its not the truth, its just your opinion. You can't say something is the truth when you can't prove it.

• Like 1

How many times is his lack of finance going to be used as an excuse

We have been beaten by sides such as Bradford Millwall and Sheffield United both home and away in cup games who's teams are assembled on a fraction of our budget

But by all means keep churning out the finance excuse

If he gets 30 mill to spend in the summer maybe we will give teams like that a good game and at least be competitive eh?

• Like 1

I think sacking Lambert would be a huge mistake and will come back to haunt us (Joe Mercer).

I wonder how many of the "younger" ones on here would know about Joe Mercer and the Mercer Minors in our history - our decline started around the time Joe left (was sacked) and the mercer minors dismantled I believe. That is if my old brain can recollect correctly. 

• Like 1

He has all the skills needed but not the funds to build a consistent top side. BTW you do know the opposition are playing against us.

Gentleman. Lambert is getting to that stage where he is indefensible. He has spent 40 million mostly on dross. He still don't know his first 11. He cant outwit a manager like Allardyce. Most of the team have been together for neally 2 seasons now, why are they still inconsistant then?? Maybe its cause lambert plays random different formations and never sticks to the one that works. Why cant we beat West ham at home but we can give Liverpool a game away??? Why have we lost the form from the end of last season, westwood quality, Benteke firing, Delph a Brazil contender. We have got worst, there's non of this progression people talk about. We are losing our way under Lambert and surely even you know in any other team he would have been sacked by now!!!!

• Like 1

and there is as near an admission as you are likely to see. Basically you are saying lambert can only operate with a big budget? What about the basic mistakes he has constantly made throughout his villa career, not based on monies but more on an inability to do the job.

Are you saying now that he should go unless he got a massive budget?

Â