Paul Lambert

limpid

Almost all managers put positive spins on their victories in press conferences. I see nothing unusual there.

He wasn't 'putting a positive spin'. That's a nonsense.

He went on to say that we were up to 12th so the 'progress is there'.

It's along the same lines as the cobblers he's come out with for the past two months or so. He flies by the seat of his pants.

Our fate is to be determined by Benteke and the ability of other teams and he implicitly acknowledges that in most of what he says. He's starting to annoy me like Houllier did.

Almost all managers put positive spins on their victories in press conferences. I see nothing unusual there.

He wasn't 'putting a positive spin'. That's a nonsense.He went on to say that we were up to 12th so the 'progress is there'.It's along the same lines as the cobblers he's come out with for the past two months or so. He flies by the seat of his pants.Our fate is to be determined by Benteke and the ability of other teams and he implicitly acknowledges that in most of what he says. He's starting to annoy me like Houllier did.

Can't stand the footy but can't criticise him for positively spinning, especially a win.....he'd rightly get slated if he didn't.

I just wish underneath he saw what we do for the garbage it is.

Can't stand the footy but can't criticise him for positively spinning, especially a win.....he'd rightly get slated if he didn't.

That's rubbish and silly rubbish at that,

I just wish underneath he saw what we do for the garbage it is.

I don't think he could tell garbage from stepping in a lucky pile of shit and I think his post match comments tell that in spades.

Anyone want to join me in wait to judge until 19 games have been played land?

Is that the absolute deadline, then?

Or is that the point when people say that only half the season has gone and we haven't played last season's top 8 home and away, this season's top 8 home and away, the most in form teams of the last 6 games (no the full season so far) and so on?

Edited by snowychap

Well it's the point when all the teams in the league have played eachother once. So our tough start is mitigated by a nice run of games from now until the turn of the year. But also we've half our team back, and by half I mean Benteke. Because as far as I'm concerned he is half of the playing talent of this football club. 

Edited by CVByrne

Well it's the point when all the teams in the league have played eachother once. So our tough start is mitigated by a nice run of games from now until the turn of the year. But also we've half our team back, and by half I mean Benteke. Because as far as I'm concerned he is half of the playing talent of this football club.

So that's your absolute deadline?

You'll be making a judgement after 19 games?

Is that when you'll identify once and for all when people's criticisms are valid or just 'moaning'?

Edited by snowychap

Anyone want to join me in wait to judge until 19 games have been played land? 

Some, myself included, said before the season and at a couple of points that they'd give Lambert until Christmas before they judged him. I think I'll stick to my guns here.

• Like 1

So now turning losses into draws and a win, is not progress. Wow. 

I've never seen so many people angry about winning a game of football, this is absolutely hilarious, please continue to seethe and I'll go grab some popcorn. 

hopefully we'll look to buy a proper attacking midfielder in January... if we have anything to spend at all.

Lambert has had 5 transfer windows so far and has failed to buy an attacking midfielder so I see no real hope that he will suddenly change his approach in January. And I think your caution about the availability of money is well-justified.

Edited by briny_ear

hopefully we'll look to buy a proper attacking midfielder in January... if we have anything to spend at all.

Lambert has had 5 transfer windows so far and has failed to buy an attacking midfielder so I see no real hope that he will suddenly change his approach in January. And I think your caution about the availability money is well-justified.

Joe Cole?

One piece of great individual play may have saved his job. We are so poor in possession that other team's will need to help us over the long run. 

I have to say the players are fighting for him and the team, but my word I haven't seen such a disorganized team in a long, long time. He needs to bring in a number 2 who can work on tactics because constantly chasing the ball is only going to lead to failure. He gets his number two right this time and he may have a future, screw it up again and one win in eleven isn't going to be good enough next time.

In all fairness our confidence has been shot over the last couple of months, most of us believed that we would be turned over by palace, perhaps that was the thinking of PL and he set us up not to loose, a win was essential for many reasons, The confidence will come back and hopefully we will see this show itself on the pitch, Yesterday was all about getting a win at any cost which we did, what I want to see now is for us to start playing football again which PL has shown we are capable of even if it was for just the back end of one season. Lets see how he sets us up against Leicester, we should be going for it against them and hopefully we will see more than one goal.

Â