Paul Lambert

limpid

Anyone want to join me in wait to judge until 19 games have been played land?

If your honest with your judgement you'll say truly awful football with a world class player winning a game.

What did last night show that we didn't already know?

Whose angry we won?

Some are happy with the result but not the shite performance, you're obviously not one of those people. But lets not let reality get in the way of your condescending drivel.

41711451.jpg

I think this shows the level your at.

Much more concerned with trying to wind up people on the internet.

You're very happy, good for you. But I'd imagine most of the people who have defended Lambert could still see why people are unhappy given the performance and how we won last night.

• Like 3

It's true, Lambert always seems to grab a victory to do the minimum to keep his job. Part of me admires it, part of me finds it bloody annoying. This season I don't think it's all his fault, but I just want to see improvement, not good little runs followed by truly shocking horriblbly record breaking runs to good little runs etc.

if we keep our spine fit, we could comfortably finish mid table, but that's more to do with the league rather than us being any good.

To be expected, people moaned about the performance, because you can't moan about the result.

Last week people moaned about the result because the performance was good for most of the game. 

If we put in a performance and a result against Leicester, the moaning will be, it was only Leicester at home we should be doing that but what about x,y,z

Stop living in the past, we've made good signings in the summer, we've a better team now than the hamstrung financially teams of the past two seasons. We're improving

But best of all, ye can moan and moan and moan and moan. But as long as the team gets results I'll be smiling and you bet you Lambert will be too. Ye can all still patter away on the keyboard of course.  ;)

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 4

Considering Lambert is Champions :League winning midfielder he has never got the balance and tactics off our midfield correct.

Didnt see last nights game but have watched enough to see this. We have enough technically decent midfielders to put in a better show than what we are currently witnessing.

Considering Lambert is Champions :League winning midfielder he has never got the balance and tactics off our midfield correct.

Didnt see last nights game but have watched enough to see this. We have enough technically decent midfielders to put in a better show than what we are currently witnessing.

Now we have Benteke back we can improve other areas as he creats huge space in midfield by forcing defenders further back towards their goal. This is key, as combined with our threat of pace from Gabby it creates the space for people like Cole to exploit. Obviously things will improve in the new year when Delph is back and we can sign the winger we missed out on in Summer.

I'd like to see the intensity stay for the forseeable future.

Yesterday the players put everything in. Credit to Lambert, but I'd say it's a little easier to bring that out in them when they're chasing their first win in 10 games.

I'm interested to see if Lambert can replicate that intensity now that they have that win.

I hope he can.

To be expected, people moaned about the performance, because you can't moan about the result.

Last week people moaned about the result because the performance was good for most of the game. 

If we put in a performance and a result against Leicester, the moaning will be, it was only Leicester at home we should be doing that but what about x,y,z

Stop living in the past, we've made good signings in the summer, we've a better team now than the hamstrung financially teams of the past two seasons. We're improving

But best of all, ye can moan and moan and moan and moan. But as long as the team gets results I'll be smiling and you bet you Lambert will be too. Ye can all still patter away on the keyboard of course.  ;)

have to say that it does seem a little like this at times and maybe it's because minds have been made up? With no chance of changing ?

But best of all, ye can moan and moan and moan and moan. But as long as the team gets results I'll be smiling and you bet you Lambert will be too. Ye can all still patter away on the keyboard of course. ;)

Are we much better? We're on course to get around 43 points. Is that much better than his first year.

If people moan it's because they're tired of watching these types of performances. Its been 5 years of it now.

We've won games like last night in every season. What does last night show that we didn't already know?

I guess we should be happier. Given Lerner's stance I think the best chance of moving on from Lambert is to survive and get taken over.

If it leads to that I will look back on games like last night more fondly.

But best of all, ye can moan and moan and moan and moan. But as long as the team gets results I'll be smiling and you bet you Lambert will be too. Ye can all still patter away on the keyboard of course. ;)

have to say that it does seem a little like this at times and maybe it's because minds have been made up? With no chance of changing ?

If we'd lost last night would you have changed your mind?

It's going to take more than winning our first game in 10 like that to convince me we will be better with Lambert as manager.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the intensity stay for the forseeable future.

Yesterday the players put everything in. Credit to Lambert, but I'd say it's a little easier to bring that out in them when they're chasing their first win in 10 games.

I'm interested to see if Lambert can replicate that intensity now that they have that win.

I hope he can.

Yep. The one thing Lambert has going for him is that these players will fight for him. That's something we haven't always seen these past few years.

Like you say hopefully that's something that continues.

Nope, we'll go to the games and voice our opinions instead ;)

Edited by PieFacE

I'll join you, but lets set out what the minimum point return on the first 19 games should be so we can both be honest and judge if he has failed or not.

I say 24 points is the line he has to get to for me to think he should have the rest of the season. Whats your total?

Well we can see many in this thread have made thieir mind up and now good results become a burden for them because it puts their entrenched views very much open to criticism. 

They need to reel off the bad first 2 seasons under Lambert as that is obviously of more importance than any current team or results. 

I'll join you, but lets set out what the minimum point return on the first 19 games should be so we can both be honest and judge if he has failed or not.

I say 24 points is the line he has to get to for me to think he should have the rest of the season. Whats your total?

I said earlier in the thread before the match last night minimum of 22 to be content. But I'd want 24 to be very happy.

Especially as we will hopefully have Benteke for all of the 19 games in the second half of the season and Delph to come back too.

But really, right now I'm just thinking I want a win against Leicester. That will push us up to mid table and take the pressure off Lambert and the team which can allow them maybe to be less tight and play a bit more. 

Edited by CVByrne

Nope, we'll go to the games and voice our opinions instead ;)

Tried and trusted, I live in Birmingham so I'm a better fan argument. * :rolleyes:

Well we can see many in this thread have made thieir mind up and now good results become a burden for them because it puts their entrenched views very much open to criticism. 

They need to reel off the bad first 2 seasons under Lambert as that is obviously of more importance than any current team or results. 

I wouldnt quite go that far CVB to be honest just that it seems that sometimes the following is adopted (not saying everyone does this just the way it seems)

Bad result and bad performance = everything is awful (regardless of opposition)

Bad result and good performance = its the result that counts so we are awful

Good result and bad performance = its all about the performance so we are awful

Good result and good performance = Well the opposition werent the best were they?

• Like 1

... getting 3 draws and a win and scoring 3. Obviously, the latter isn't much to shout about but it's progress nonetheless.

It is if you're Lambert: We are unbeaten in four and have won at a difficult place. Coming here [and winning] was a massive result, but I thought it was well deserved. ...

Almost all managers put positive spins on their victories in press conferences. I see nothing unusual there.
"We struggled on the ball a bit, that is something we will work on in training.

We know we can't keep giving other teams chances to score, and need to be a little bit careful.

But the lads did well to hold on for so long, and were dogged about it.

But we have a lot to work on, we know that."

Edited by DK82

Â