Paul Lambert

limpid

:lol: Some quality dangling there from Zat.

It was a very strange job for him to take on really, but he's done ok to keep them in the division having sold Rhodes I guess.  I can't say I've really kept tabs on how he's done other than that.  I wonder if he has something else lined up.  Celtic perhaps?

On 14/11/2015 at 18:40, Isa said:

Owen Coyle Mark II.

Nice to see that he has gone to another club with crap owners though, which he'll be able to use to deflect from his managerial failings. 

I know him well.

nope. he signed the crap like Bacuna, Gil, Westwood, Guzan and Sinclair etc. plus new deals for Gabby and Hutton. Couldnt organise a defence or build a structure to save his life and his "tactic" of give it to Benteke and hope for the best wore off very quickly

Just now, Zatman said:

nope. he signed the crap like Bacuna, Gil, Westwood, Guzan and Sinclair etc. plus new deals for Gabby and Hutton. Couldnt organise a defence or build a structure to save his life and his "tactic" of give it to Benteke and hope for the best wore off very quickly

I like how Lambert gets all the blame for signings and contracts but Sherwood is absolved of it all, despite the setup being exactly the same.

Funny that

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I like how Lambert gets all the blame for signings and contracts but Sherwood is absolved of it all, despite the setup being exactly the same.

Funny that

because a lot of them players arrived before Fox and the football board came in

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bacuna, Wetswood, Guzan, Sinclair and Gil all for about £6m in total.  I'd love to see anyone in football get better value than that :lol: Outstanding stuff haha.  Still as long as we get another couple of pages out of the trolling, it will have worked!

984.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fi

• Like 2

Fair play but how often do you get gems like Mahrez, Kante and Vardy for that price. I honestly dont think Lambert did a bad job at Vllla. He brought Benteke to the club and kept us up for two years. lost the plot in his last season but I think he was burnt out by then. Blackburn was the wrong job for him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Fair play but how often do you get gems like Mahrez, Kante and Vardy for that price. I honestly dont think Lambert did a bad job at Vllla. He brought Benteke to the club and kept us up for two years. lost the plot in his last season but I think he was burnt out by then. Blackburn was the wrong job for him.

Agreed, I genuinely hope he gets the Celtic job, not least because it means Moyes would be available for us.

Has to take a large chunk of the blame for the losing mentality that's now natural at villa park. His signings have also played a significant part in our demise this season.

Failed to progress us in any area and while we survived his first 2 years he made us consistently worse the more time he spent with us. 

And to top it all off the whole asking to be sacked and then signing a new deal is just disgraceful behaviour. 

• Like 1

I don't think he should take a large chunk of blame for the losing mentality. That came because we have become a selling club. He didn't get the backing financially that previous managers at Villa got. 

I think Celtic should go for him. He is a legend there and I think he can rebuild his reputation. If I was Celtic I'd rather go for a ex player like lambert than moyes who would probably only be there for 1-2 years maz as it's small fry up there. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Celtic should go for him. He is a legend there and I think he can rebuild his reputation. If I was Celtic I'd rather go for a ex player like lambert than moyes 

David-Moyes-in-action-for-Celtic.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Has to take a large chunk of the blame for the losing mentality that's now natural at villa park. His signings have also played a significant part in our demise this season.

Failed to progress us in any area and while we survived his first 2 years he made us consistently worse the more time he spent with us. 

And to top it all off the whole asking to be sacked and then signing a new deal is just disgraceful behaviour. 

I'm trying to think of his signings who have had a significant role this season.  Really only Guzan giving away loads of goals.  Bacuna being a clearing in the woods but even he I thought did ok as a fill in left back before Cissokho came back.  Westwood I know a lot of people hate but I think he's been on the periphery of the chaos.  Unless you count getting such a big profit on Benteke and wasting it on the wrong players as playing a big part in the demise, but that's not really his fault.

Id say our biggest failures have been Hutton, Richards, Lescott and Clark giving away goals for fun (Okore less so but his behaviour recently has been poor), Gabby and Grealish being unable to behave, Guzan figuratively throwing the ball in the net numerous times, Gestede being a donkey and the French players not settling/the managers post-Lambert not using them.  

Undoubtedly thebiggest cause of our demise this season has been the summer transfer window.

Who is to blame for that is up for debate. But if people are blaming Lambert for some of his poor signings under the same set up, then it's only fair to blame Sherwood for this season.

• Like 4

Â