Paul Lambert

limpid

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

As obvious as it is that Lambert needs to go now, it's not only his fault - but you can't see that as much as you can see Lamberts doing a poor job.

It's getting a little embarrassing how much you're trying to rub peoples noses in it.

How the hell am I trying to rub peoples noses in it? I think you are getting paranoid. If you are embarrassed by this then you need to see a doctor.

Listen Pac, you need only venture into the match threads, where any negative vibes towards Lambert or anything get a like from you. 

Plus comments like "Oh the curse of being able to see the woods through the trees" & "Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season" - it's a huge case of rubbing peoples noses in it.

We get your schtick, you're the overly negative dude who likes to wind people up on a forum, I get it, but it gets old and boring pretty quickly, let alone 3 years mate, capiche?

and if you're not trying to do it, well then you just don't understand other peoples feelings.  No one likes the kid in the play ground who says "told ya so". ;)

Not overly negative at all. If there were some positives to go at then it would be great.

There have and will always be positives.  But it's about looking for them, despite how difficult that may be.

The positive today for you I guess is - one more nail in Lamberts coffin? 

Just try not to be so one sided, it's hard - because we're absolutely diabolical, aren't we? 

If anyone's read Birdsong about WW1 where the main character, an officer wonders how far man can be pushed past breaking point - then PL's situation is similar - it's a sick experiment where we all willfully watch and take pleasure in the destruction of a man. He was crying when that second goal went in. He is trapped by the money he's getting and by an owner who won't sack him. I actually feel sorry for him, as I wouldn't walk either. He's headed for a mental breakdown while AVFC burns. 

I feel sorry for Paul Lambert in the sense that he cannot intentionally send the players out to be so bad. Let's face it, they are hardly trying to improve our fortunes, are they? That was mentioned time and again in last night's commentary. Gary Birtles kept referring to how lazy the players were and how they all gathered together with a lack of movement either towards the ball or into space. They really are not playing for Lambert and there appears to be a massive lack of interest from a lot of those players.

I don't feel sorry for Lambert with regards to tactics and the position's that players have been picked to play in. He confused the hell out of me right from the start when he played Chris Herd as a right winger against Everton. He's continually done things like that ever since, with strange team selections and playing people out of their best position. The irony is, I actually thought he set us up right against Hull. I have been moaning about seeing Gil playing behind the striker and with Westwood or Sanchez partnering Delph behind Gil. The only thing I would have changed is having Benteke up front and Gabby out wide instead of Sinclair as I still think that front three of Weimann, Gabby and Benteke, who were hot in that first season he was in charge, can still be successful in front of goal. They can't have declined so much in two years, surely?

Unfortunately for Lambert, the person who gets changed is always the manager. The players are the cause of poor results through their performances but it is ultimately the manager who takes the blame. The only hope for the club is that another manager comes in and can get them playing better individually and, more importantly, as a team.

The players appear to have lost faith in Lambert and for that reason he needs to go. Nobody can blame him for seeing out his contract and taking the money because, right now, he would find it hard to find another job paying anywhere near what he is on at Villa. It must be hurting him to witness the demise of such a big club and I am sure he never wanted for this to happen. It must hurt to fail so badly AND to be left to get on with it by what must be the worst and most clueless owner of a club he has ever met. Who knows, for his own sanity and best interests he might decide to call it a day. Nobody could blame him and I think he would gain a lot more respect for being man enough to do that. But, why should he? He probably feels gutted at the way Lerner has left him with no assistant manager and a very weak coaching team.

It's a shambles that Randy Lerner has created. He has destroyed the heart and soul of this beautiful football club and left Lambert in the firing line to take the bulk of the flak from the fans and critics. But, for the good of the football club right now, the focus will all be on Paul Lambert being replaced with the hope that it brings a change of fortune on the pitch. That's all any Villa fan can hope for right now but, come the summer, every concerned Villa fan should campaign like never before with the aim of enforcing Lerner out of this club before he damages us so badly that we never recover from it!

• Like 1

Guys there seems to be way to much arguing over who supported Lambert and who wanted him out. Right now we can all agree 99.99% of us want him gone so let's leave the 'told you so's ' and look at what the fans can do in this situation. Surely we're not completely helpless?!

Why do people care so much about the personality of the Manager? it's not as if it's the WWE or something.

A team can reflect their managers personality.

Dour. Uninspiring. 

Guys there seems to be way to much arguing over who supported Lambert and who wanted him out. Right now we can all agree 99.99% of us want him gone so let's leave the 'told you so's ' and look at what the fans can do in this situation. Surely we're not completely helpless?!

Yep, we need to work together now.

I dont get the hate with Sherwood, good record and a great motivator which is what we are lacking

He's a **** idiot.
Why?
He's a clown.

I'm not toally convinced he'd keep us up. And on top of that we'd have an absolute bellend in charge of the team.

Everyone's saying it would only be until the end of the season. but it wouldn't would it?

Look, I want Lambert gone. But there are literally dozens of managers out there who can keep us up. We don't have to employ the monumental piece of arse burger that is Tim Sherwood to do it. I'd rather bring McLeish back.

I must of missed something.

I saw him takeover a spurs side who were playing shite, turned it around and won loads of games whilst coming across as passionate about his job

You missed plenty by the sounds of it.

But I've been going on about it too much this morning. See the "New Manager" thread for my reasons

Why do people care so much about the personality of the Manager? it's not as if it's the WWE or something.

Dour. Uninspiring. 

I meant in relation to Tim Sherwood, who it seems did alright at Tottenham. Not that I think we should go for him, our situation is completely different to the one Spurs were in. There they had a better squad than we have and Sherwood is a big fans fans favourite so that probably played into his hands too.

I note how many people are jumping on the bandwagon to have a pop at someone that has seen this situation coming and noting who they are I am not overly surprised.

No I'm afraid I'm not jumping on any bandwagon at all. I'm not sure there is a bandwagon. Now who's being paranoid? :) You made a post and I responded to it by just pointing out that in my view your knee jerk reaction to Lambert's appointment and the subsequent pop at those who've only just turned (read your last 2 lines of your original post if you don't get it) tells me more about you than it does about Lambert. I'm sure you can say the same about me. That the amount of time I gave Lambert says a lot about me too. I'm comfortable with that. We've both learned something about the other poster and we'll no doubt use it to consider the value of that person's contributions going forward.
  • Like 2

Dour. Uninspiring. 

I meant in relation to Tim Sherwood, who it seems did alright at Tottenham. Not that I think we should go for him, our situation is completely different to the one Spurs were in. There they had a better squad than we have and Sherwood is a big fans fans favourite so that probably played into his hands too.

The Sherwood thing is interesting, hasn't he been at a few Villa games of recent?

I'm not sure about him though. We currently have a manager who had a lack of premier league experience before coming to us, Sherwood has less. I know it is a silly thing to pick over but I can't stop thinking that way. 

I want Bilic fwiw, but would be happy with a 'mature' manager to come in for the end of the season.

For the record, I don't see Lerner sacking Lambert anytime soon. I think Lambert will be in charge for the Leicester game at least. Maybe Lerner's thoughts will be to see if we get through that game. Win and he gives lambert longer, lose and he replaces him. I'm not even feeling any kind of certainty about that last scenario as I wouldn't put it past Lerner keeping Lambert regardless of whether we stay up or go down.

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

Nailing your colours to the mast early on, before giving someone a fair crack of the whip is nothing to be proud of. Quite the opposite actually. And it wasn't blind faith at all. You honestly think those like me who weren't on his back from early on couldn't see the problems at the club? And if you think getting rid of Lambert is getting rid of the main problem then your tree spotting abilities mightn't be all that you think they are.

I am not proud of it at all. I don't know where people are coming from if they think I actually like seeing my club in this mess. Mocking someone for having foresight is rather strange.

I note how many people are jumping on the bandwagon to have a pop at someone that has seen this situation coming and noting who they are I am not overly surprised.

I don't think anybody has mocked you pal, however you're very much mocking those who haven't been completely anti-Lambert and you do so on a regular basis, especially during this horrific run of form. 

The talk of people "only just realising" that Lambert isn't right, and that you've known all along exactly how this would turn out, as well as the piss take of so called envy towards those people is absolutely ridiculous. You didn't know that this was going to turn out the way it has, you aren't the second coming of the messiah, however you're clearly enjoying winding people up who don't/didn't share the same views as you in an "I told you so" sort of fashion. We're all meant to be fans of the same club here, but if you're only watching games for the sake of it then maybe it'd be nice not to deliberately wind up your fellow fans who aren't watching for the sake of it and are actually in hope of a turn around.

I'll leave it there as things are already incredibly negative as it is, but this really isn't what we need right now as a collective.

• Like 2

For the record, I don't see Lerner sacking Lambert anytime soon. I think Lambert will be in charge for the Leicester game at least. Maybe Lerner's thoughts will be to see if we get through that game. Win and he gives lambert longer, lose and he replaces him. I'm not even feeling any kind of certainty about that last scenario as I wouldn't put it past Lerner keeping Lambert regardless of whether we stay up or go down.

I think so too. Win at Leicester and I bet we see a lot of 'road to Wembley' type stories on the OS. 

How can he not go?

We are the laughing stock of all of the top divisions,we have the best squad in a few years and cant put in a good performance or even score!

Surely this tells Fox that Lambert has lost the team and dressing room and nobody wants to play for him!

If he doesnt go now relegation is surely just around the corner and if he stays with us in Championship we will be there a long time.Cant believe the demise of such a club totally gutting!

No I'm afraid I'm not jumping on any bandwagon at all. I'm not sure there is a bandwagon. Now who's being paranoid? :) You made a post and I responded to it by just pointing out that in my view your knee jerk reaction to Lambert's appointment and the subsequent pop at those who've only just turned (read your last 2 lines of your original post if you don't get it) tells me more about you than it does about Lambert. I'm sure you can say the same about me. That the amount of time I gave Lambert says a lot about me too. I'm comfortable with that. We've both learned something about the other poster and we'll no doubt use it to consider the value of that person's contributions going forward.

I am comfortable with the time I gave him too. By the way, I didn't actually accuse 'you' of jumping on the bandwagon and as for the value of any contributions made by anybody it really is neither here nor there to me. We all come on here to heap our praise or vent our anger but in reality it is just a message board. Some of us get warning points and bans and some of us don't. The s**t at VP keeps rolling regardless.

Yes, the guy's a God to some of us, despite everything!

tbf the majority of us wanted him, i was at the game at norwich where we chanted paul lamberts claret and blue army, with you lot he seemed to know what he wanted to do, had a style and shape that looked decent, with us he's a complete and utter mess, changes his line up every week, changes his style of play every week, changes the tactics every week, the players dont seem to know what they're doing, he also cant change anything during the game, so if his pre match changes dont work he's not good enough to do anything about it, see arsenal, tactics that ive never seen play before, didnt work in the 1st minute, still didnt work in the 90th

• Like 1

tbf the majority of us wanted him, i was at the game at norwich where we chanted paul lamberts claret and blue army, with you lot he seemed to know what he wanted to do, had a style and shape that looked decent, with us he's a complete and utter mess, changes his line up every week, changes his style of play every week, changes the tactics every week, the players dont seem to know what they're doing, he also cant change anything during the game, so if his pre match changes dont work he's not good enough to do anything about it, see arsenal, tactics that ive never seen play before, didnt work in the 1st minute, still didnt work in the 90th

Summed up perfectly there. I think the Lambert of old went into his shell after the 8-0 defeat to Chelsea, I really do.

Summed up perfectly there. I think the Lambert of old went into his shell after the 8-0 defeat to Chelsea, I really do.

Yep - its almost after that - a small defeat was acceptable - unfortunatley a lot of small defeats can be equally damaging...

Â