Paul Lambert

limpid

Are there any fans interested in a Villa Park boycott? maybe for the FA cup game. A poll would be good if possible.

Edit: Maybe even a mass protest outside the ground during the game. Or is that just sad?

My thinking is get the media attention as much as possible. Lerner will have to act then.

I'm glad you all agree [emoji4]

Not the cup game, it's the only thing I care about now. I still reckon we'll struggle to get 20k though.

Whilst we're in touching distance of safety Lerner isn't going to sack him. I think in the coming days the club will release a statement which will esentially be a vote of confidence. Don't be surprised to see Randy jetting in soon too, to give the players a pep talk it's something he often does when things are looking hairy.

I'm still trying to work out hours later whether there was any irony in your post.

I haven't got a clue what your talking about. Which part looks Ironic. I know it's fashionable amongst some to say I'm on a wind-up, if I dare to praise Lambert, but the post you quoted did no such thing.

Are there any fans interested in a Villa Park boycott? maybe for the FA cup game. A poll would be good if possible.

Edit: Maybe even a mass protest outside the ground during the game. Or is that just sad?

My thinking is get the media attention as much as possible. Lerner will have to act then.

Not the cup game, it's the only thing I care about now. I still reckon we'll struggle to get 20k though.

It would make awesome news though. 15-20k fans around Villa Park protesting against the owner and manager. It would have the worlds attention.

It would make awesome news though. 15-20k fans around Villa Park protesting against the owner and manager. It would have the worlds attention.

The press would cover it, there'd be a bit of a fuss about it in the media and then the storm would die down. It's not going to affect Lambert's position at the club.

We need unity amongst the fans, we're genuinely the only ones that give a toss about the club for what it is now - not money, not even 'success'.

We need goals, we need points, and as much as Lambert needs to go now it is highly likely that he will stay. We need to get behind the team and support OUR club, not Paul Lambert and not Randy Lerner, but the club, because it will still be our club when they're long gone.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

• Like 1

The press would cover it, there'd be a bit of a fuss about it in the media and then the storm would die down. It's not going to affect Lambert's position at the club.

No harm in trying. Unless you've already bought your ticket...

There again I confess to being fickle, if a manager wins games I like him, if he doesn't i wont

That's not really fickle. To coin a phrase "When the facts change, I change my mind".
  • Like 1

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

As obvious as it is that Lambert needs to go now, it's not only his fault - but you can't see that as much as you can see Lamberts doing a poor job.

It's getting a little embarrassing how much you're trying to rub peoples noses in it.

How the hell am I trying to rub peoples noses in it? I think you are getting paranoid. If you are embarrassed by this then you need to see a doctor.

lerner anf fox are playing russian roulette by keeping lamebert

No those odds are way too good, we need 5 wins and a few draws form 13 games including ones against Man City, Man Utd, Southampton away (Which reduces it realistically to 10 games left we have any hope of getting points in) and that's after we just lost to all the worst teams in the division, and deservedly so too! Leicester, Hull, QPR earlier in the season too, WBA and we coudln't beat Burnley nor Sunderland either...& the games which saved us last season against the big teams look at this

.......................2013/14...............2014/15

Arsenal (h).......L 0-2....................L 0-3

Arsenal (a)......W 1-3....................L 0-5

Liverpool (a)... D 2-2...................W 0-1

Liverpool (h).....L 0-1....................L 0-2

Man City (h)....W 3-2....................L 0-2

Man City (a).....L 0-4....................????

Chelsea (a)......L  2-1 ...................L 0-3

Chelsea (h).....W 1-0....................L 1-2

Man Utd (h).....L 0-3.....................D 1-1

Man Utd (a).....L 0-3.....................????

Goals (f) 11 (a) 20............Goals (f) 3 (a) 18

Total pts...........11...........................4 (with 2 to play)

Notice the goals for column this season  :huh:

This inability to score is killing us! we have conceded 18 so far this season with games against the two Manc clubs (both away) to come, so surely that will also be worse!  So much for an improved defence!!

The whole team has become worse in my opinion, Still conceding too many, even less creative and dont get me started on number of chances & goals as it's frankly an embarrassment.

Time to go Paul!!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

There's something about mocking when the team you supposedly support is doing badly I find particularly distasteful.

That he won't get sacked, whilst in touching distance of safety is just my opinion. Last year Randy flew over and it was reported in the papers that he spoke to all the players to give them a pep talk he also did the same thing in 2012. And as for the vote of confidence, Fox has already issued one, I just wouldn't be surprised if reiterated that, for now. I'm not mocking anything.

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

As obvious as it is that Lambert needs to go now, it's not only his fault - but you can't see that as much as you can see Lamberts doing a poor job.

It's getting a little embarrassing how much you're trying to rub peoples noses in it.

Cringeworthy stuff. I dunno how somebody can take so much glee from us doing so badly, very sad.

Another one getting paranoid. Where is the glee?

It's a lesson though I guess in how much of a risk it is to hire such an inexperienced manager off the back of a couple of good seasons to control a side in such a difficult league. Lambert has certain qualities, or a quality, mainly a decent eye for a player on a budget but after that there's nothing. He comes across to me as a man who believes he's more intelligent than he actually is. I think he studies European styles, modern styles but just does not have the ability to execute it, which ends up confusing himself and his players and ultimately just becomes an unorganised mess. Basically, it's just the sign of not being good enough at this level. 

That's just my opinion really, he has ideas but he lacks getting the discipline out of his players to do it, he just can't find ways. When he leaves here I imagine he'll get a crack at a Championship or League 1 job but I imagine he'll just fizzle away. He'd be a great DoF for someone but in five years time I wouldn't be surprised to see his as number 2 at Annan Athletic or something. 

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

Lambert is a man with no dignity whatsoever, he keeps going on about how AVFC are a tremendous club well resign or pick up the phone to randy and tell him he cant do the job can we agree a settlement. Randy Lerner how on earth did you give this joke a new 4 year deal earlier in the season.

No other manager on the planet would have kept there job with lamberts record not one.

How the hell am I trying to rub peoples noses in it? I think you are getting paranoid. If you are embarrassed by this then you need to see a doctor.

Listen Pac, you need only venture into the match threads, where any negative vibes towards Lambert or anything get a like from you. 

Plus comments like "Oh the curse of being able to see the woods through the trees" & "Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season" - it's a huge case of rubbing peoples noses in it.

We get your schtick, you're the overly negative dude who likes to wind people up on a forum, I get it, but it gets old and boring pretty quickly, let alone 3 years mate, capiche?

and if you're not trying to do it, well then you just don't understand other peoples feelings.  No one likes the kid in the play ground who says "told ya so". ;)

• Like 4

Nailing your colours to the mast early on, before giving someone a fair crack of the whip is nothing to be proud of. Quite the opposite actually. And it wasn't blind faith at all. You honestly think those like me who weren't on his back from early on couldn't see the problems at the club? And if you think getting rid of Lambert is getting rid of the main problem then your tree spotting abilities mightn't be all that you think they are.

I am not proud of it at all. I don't know where people are coming from if they think I actually like seeing my club in this mess. Mocking someone for having foresight is rather strange.

I note how many people are jumping on the bandwagon to have a pop at someone that has seen this situation coming and noting who they are I am not overly surprised.

• Like 1

Listen Pac, you need only venture into the match threads, where any negative vibes towards Lambert or anything get a like from you. 

Plus comments like "Oh the curse of being able to see the woods through the trees" & "Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season" - it's a huge case of rubbing peoples noses in it.

We get your schtick, you're the overly negative dude who likes to wind people up on a forum, I get it, but it gets old and boring pretty quickly, let alone 3 years mate, capiche?

and if you're not trying to do it, well then you just don't understand other peoples feelings.  No one likes the kid in the play ground who says "told ya so". ;)

Not overly negative at all. If there were some positives to go at then it would be great.

PS. The match threads contain far more negative vibes towards Lambert from plenty of others and I would soon run out of 'likes' if I did what you are inferring.

Edited by pacbuddies

I dont get the hate with Sherwood, good record and a great motivator which is what we are lacking

He's a **** idiot.
Why?

He's a clown.

I'm not toally convinced he'd keep us up. And on top of that we'd have an absolute bellend in charge of the team.

Everyone's saying it would only be until the end of the season. but it wouldn't would it?

Look, I want Lambert gone. But there are literally dozens of managers out there who can keep us up. We don't have to employ the monumental piece of arse burger that is Tim Sherwood to do it. I'd rather bring McLeish back.

I must of missed something.

I saw him takeover a spurs side who were playing shite, turned it around and won loads of games whilst coming across as passionate about his job

• Like 1

Â