Paul Lambert

limpid

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

As obvious as it is that Lambert needs to go now, it's not only his fault - but you can't see that as much as you can see Lamberts doing a poor job.

It's getting a little embarrassing how much you're trying to rub peoples noses in it.

• Like 1

just imagine we don't sack him, some how he pulls off a relagation great escape and wins the FA cup ... villa in the prem and europe next season :o

god this stuff i'm smoking must be strong these days, to see that as even contemplatable...

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

As obvious as it is that Lambert needs to go now, it's not only his fault - but you can't see that as much as you can see Lamberts doing a poor job.

It's getting a little embarrassing how much you're trying to rub peoples noses in it.

Cringeworthy stuff. I dunno how somebody can take so much glee from us doing so badly, very sad.

• Like 3

Cringeworthy stuff. I dunno how somebody can take so much glee from us doing so badly, very sad.

As long as he's right.. <_<

We need unity amongst the fans, we're genuinely the only ones that give a toss about the club for what it is now - not money, not even 'success'.

We need goals, we need points, and as much as Lambert needs to go now it is highly likely that he will stay. We need to get behind the team and support OUR club, not Paul Lambert and not Randy Lerner, but the club, because it will still be our club when they're long gone.

Nailing your colours to the mast early on, before giving someone a fair crack of the whip is nothing to be proud of. Quite the opposite actually. And it wasn't blind faith at all. You honestly think those like me who weren't on his back from early on couldn't see the problems at the club? And if you think getting rid of Lambert is getting rid of the main problem then your tree spotting abilities mightn't be all that you think they are.

With only limited funds - there was always a reasonable chance that Lambert would fail.  I will admit though I never thought he would be this bad. I don't think prolonging the agony is in anyones interest - However Lambert won't walk on a big contract - and those above him seem pretty spineles..........ergo the demise....

Considering most were mocked for wanting him gone a few months ago I'd imagine if things were opposite there would be plenty of people rubbing peoples noses in it.

I don't think its neccasary but I don't for one second believe it wouldn't be happening by others if we were sitting top 8 right now.

Considering most were mocked for wanting him gone a few months ago I'd imagine if things were opposite there would be plenty of people rubbing peoples noses in it.

I don't think its neccasary but I don't for one second believe it wouldn't be happening by others if we were sitting top 8 right now.

So?

Doesn't make it right

With only limited funds - there was always a reasonable chance that Lambert would fail.  I will admit though I never thought he would be this bad. I don't think prolonging the agony is in anyones interest - However Lambert won't walk on a big contract - and those above him seem pretty spineles..........ergo the demise....

Yep, absolutely no argument here about getting rid of him now. But someone proclaiming smugly that they knew it all before Lambert got to his first Christmas in charge says more about that fan's penchant for knee-jerk reactions than it does about any manager.

Are there any fans interested in a Villa Park boycott? maybe for the FA cup game. A poll would be good if possible.

Edit: Maybe even a mass protest outside the ground during the game. Or is that just sad?

My thinking is get the media attention as much as possible. Lerner will have to act then.

I'm glad you all agree [emoji4]

Nailing your colours to the mast early on, before giving someone a fair crack of the whip is nothing to be proud of. Quite the opposite actually. And it wasn't blind faith at all. You honestly think those like me who weren't on his back from early on couldn't see the problems at the club? And if you think getting rid of Lambert is getting rid of the main problem then your tree spotting abilities mightn't be all that you think they are.
I used to think Lerner was the main problem, I don't now. He's still a major problem but he's not the reason we're so awful and have been for well over a half a season.

And I think anyone who thought things would be different over the last few months were basing it on blind faith because there was absolutely nothing to suggest it was going to get better.

Edited by DCJonah

We need to get behind the team and support OUR club, not Paul Lambert and not Randy Lerner, but the club, because it will still be our club when they're long gone.

In fairness fans have been excellent all season. sure at times the stadium can be pretty quiet but can you blame them with the current dross served up?

The bournemouth game was a great example, when Gil scored that goal the stadium was really alive. The fans will always cheer on the team but it's got to the stage where perhaps the players take for that granted too and get away with it along with the manager.

So?

Doesn't make it right

No I didn't say it did.

Like I say its not neccassary but i'd be surprised if some complaining about it wouldn't have done the same had the situation been different.

Yep, absolutely no argument here about getting rid of him now. But someone proclaiming smugly that they knew it all before Lambert got to his first Christmas in charge says more about that fan's penchant for knee-jerk reactions than it does about any manager.

Agreed - I was really excited when he joined - but he hasn't done it. There again I confess to being fickle, if a manager wins games I like him, if he doesn't i wont

Â