Paul Lambert

limpid

I dont think he will go unless he quits. As others have said Lerner will not pull the trigger, the only way he will leave is if the level of abuse he gets from the fans becomes too much for him to handle.

"Oh, no, they're shouting at me again. I think I'll just fall on my sword and properly **** my career prospects for once and for all."?

I dont think he will go unless he quits. As others have said Lerner will not pull the trigger, the only way he will leave is if the level of abuse he gets from the fans becomes too much for him to handle.

Pump up the volume!  :)

TBF I think that stasis around the club would make it hard for any manager to really motivate the players. I mean it's not like we're actually trying to achieve anything at all. What's the dream they're buying into? 

You could say that about 14 Premier League teams though.... 

Money is what they're buying into. Getting paid to do a job. Like all other footballers in all other teams. If they play well they will play for a better team if they're good enough. 

Not really. A large cohort of teams will be really motivated to stay up because that would represent a good achievement. Several are pushing for Europe in one form or another. At a stretch, there's some motivation in finishing in the top half. But for Villa? The top half motivation should be there for us too but we're a way off it now. I can't think of many less inspiring circumstances than the one we're in. 

• Like 1

"Oh, no, they're shouting at me again. I think I'll just fall on my sword and properly **** my career prospects for once and for all."?

He has alreaday **** his career prospects, nobody in their right mind would employ him after the horror show over the last two and a half years.

Pump up the volume!  :)

Agreed

He has alreaday **** his career prospects, nobody in their right mind would employ him after the horror show over the last two and a half years.

I agree. All the more reason he'll stick at it. He really isn't going to give a toss if the fans are shouting at him. All it will do is affect the team, if anything. Why not cheer them on instead? - A much NICER thing to do, for starters.

• Like 1

Agreed.  As I said before.  The squad is good.  His management of it - poor.

That's an easy thing to say, and many have said it. It may or may not be true, but saying it doesn't make it so.

I think the challenges have been monumental, and a different manager achieving the same results would probably have lost the plot, and the dressing room, completely by now.

Instead, the squad morale seems fine, the people he works for are happy with the job he's doing, and he's still picking up good deals in the transfer market.

"The people he works for are happy with the job he's doing"

As a multiple season ticket purchaser, I reckon he works for me (a bit), and I certainly ain't happy!

If he is indeed tactically clueless and a poor coach I guess we'll see the proof in comparison with his successor, but we aren't going to like the circumstances in which we get to find out, barring a takeover.

I agree. All the more reason he'll stick at it. He really isn't going to give a toss if the fans are shouting at him. All it will do is affect the team, if anything. Why not cheer them on instead? - A much NICER thing to do, for starters.

oh yea ....as your newly estranged wife is throwing your clothes out....... blow her kisses and shower her with flowers, whilst sporting a wonderful smile. :wub:

• Like 2

He really isn't going to give a toss if the fans are shouting at him. All it will do is affect the team, if anything. 

Yup, everywhere you look there is clear evidence for this:

The Villa faithful could not hide their frustration with their team continuing to fire blanks, singing: “We’ll score again, don’t know where, don’t know when…”

Hutton said: “You don’t really hear it when you’re playing. I understand their frustration. They pay their money and they want to come and be entertained at the end of the day.

“They want us to score goals and trust me we are trying. We are doing everything we can to bring that back.”

Another regular chant was “Lambert out,” but Hutton says the players were not affected, and they continue to back their boss.

As soon as you cross that white line it doesn’t really come into your mind,” he said. “You’re out there and you’re giving your all for everybody, the fans as well, so I don’t really think about it.

“Everybody is 100 per cent behind him. We all trust him and what he’s trying to do.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9650354/premier-league-alan-hutton-says-carles-gil-could-help-villa-to-start-scoring

Oh, hang on a moment...

• Like 2

Affect the team? This is the worst performing Villa team since the mid 80's, they have been crap for 4 years so I doubt giving the manager some stick can make matters any worse on the pitch. They are bloody awful even when the fans aren't on their case too

• Like 1

You mean they might not score any goals or win a game?

• Like 1

I don't get why fans would cheer at something they are not enjoying. I mean we can't even cheer a goal anymore. Its like giving a round of applause to a dire shit theater play you have seen 20 times just because your favourite actors are in it. It gets delusional to the point of insanity.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/21/the-villa-outcast-lambert-must-bring-back-into-his-first-team/?

Thoughts?

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert may be well served by handing Leandro Bacuna a chance to impress in his starting line-up. 

The central midfielder has rather surprisingly started just one Premier League game this campaign and his consistent omissions are at a detriment to the side. 

It does not take an expert to know where Villa's problems lie. The side have glaringly only scored 11 goals in 22 Premier League matches and this total will have to be considerably improved if they are to avoid the drop zone this campaign.

Their chances of doing so would be considerably improved with Bacuna in a midfield role. 

Although it would be wrong to suggest that the 23-year-old is the answer to all their problems, his energy and drive is something that has so desperately been lacking. 

The likes of Carlos Sanchez, Ashley Westwood and Tom Cleverley can all do a decent job shielding the defence, but they lack any invention going forward and Bacuna's greater attacking threat is something that is needed in the side. 

With Carles Gil arriving from Valencia there has been a much-needed boost, and Lambert faces the chance to move away from Villa's defensive-minded policy.

The football has become so dull at Villa Park that fans are beginning to vote with their feet against the Scottish manager's leadership and he needs to start addressing this by producing more entertainment. 

He can begin to do this by introducing Bacuna back into the team and it just may be what is needed to have a positive impact on their results. 

Should Lambert give Bacuna more of a chance?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

He don't play him because he is much more attack minded and not a great defensive player. True or false???

I don't think Bacuna plays much because he is essentially a utility player at the moment.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

As a multiple season ticket purchaser, I reckon he works for me (a bit), and I certainly ain't happy!

As someone who allows the club to burn me to the tune of five nicker every week for the privilege of listening to Capn Jack on AVTV, he works for me a little bit too and I ain't happy either. The only thing we seem to disagree on is what to do about it.

• Like 1

Do many others get the feeling that we could be in the bottom 3 with anything from 1 to 14 games remaining and Lerner still wouldn't make a change to the manager's position?

I get the feeling that Lerner would simply stand by and let us drop whilst keeping his blind hope that Lambert would turn it around. Does anyone know how regularly he changed managers when the Cleveland Browns were finishing bottom season after season?

5 head coaches since 2008
In a sport without relegation? Seems like he wanted to see improvement. Why can't he do the same for us then?
4 managers since 2008.

One manager walked out, one manager had a major health problem, one manager was Alex McLeish (the only one that he fired) and one manager is still here.

What is your point?

My point was purely factual. What makes you believe I have another beyond that?

Just wondered, the reply seemed to suggest that having 4 managers since 2008 was Lerner's way of trying to improve us (as per villarocker's previous comment).

My answer didn't suggest anything. You inferred it did based on something that I am unaware of.

My point, if there was one, has been clarified by Stevo. Though I will say this - MON walked, but frankly had reached the end of his tenure IMO. There was a little push involved no doubt. Houllier was shoved, I'm absolutely sure this was down to fan pressure, or perhaps the relationship wasn't quite "right". The health talk was bollocks. We know what happened to McLeish...

I think he's a terrible owner, now. But I'm also not a revisionist. He has at times shown he cares. Regardless, cold hard facts prove nothing without context, do they?

Â