Paul Lambert

limpid

I quite like the way Arsenal did theirs with that little bit of southern class:

Slightly off-topic but do Brummies consider themselves northern? I'm from the South and I always prefer to say that Villa are a Midlands clubs rather than northern.

:ph34r:

Slightly off-topic but do Brummies consider themselves northern? I'm from the South and I always prefer to say that Villa are a Midlands clubs rather than northern.

I was born in Selly Oak but left at eighteen to go to uni in London and lived here ever since.

I find most southerners consider us Brummies to come from the north. Anything north of the hatfield tunnel is considered the north to most of them. I consider myself from the Midlands.

But I don't get your point. London is still the saaarf regardless.

I was born in Selly Oak but left at eighteen to go to uni in London and lived here ever since.

I find most southerners consider us Brummies to come from the north. Anything north of the hatfield tunnel is considered the north to most of them. I consider myself from the Midlands.

But I don't get your point. London is still the saaarf regardless.

When you look a map of Britain, London is where that crack appears at the right hand side bit that looks like an A**e where all the S**t comes out

London - sort of middle right south

Brum - Middle but slightly off center

Lambert said: "We have to keep working hard, we need a bit more creativity. That's the only thing that is lacking from us. That's the disappointing thing.

"Money certainly helps but we will work within our way of working. Whether people cost £9m or not you have to get the best out of it.

"Randy (Lerner, chairman) has been really good, we talk every couple of days. No doubt we will have chats after the weekend."

From Sky Sports Gil article here: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9643098/transfer-news-aston-villa-are-close-to-signing-valencia-midfielder-carles-gil

From which I draw the following conclusions:

- Lambert seems to have noticed that we aren't scoring loads of goals, has identified what he (and I fwiw) thinks is the problem, and is trying to do something about it.

- His job is safe.

- Lerner's mum won't let him spend any more money, but he hasn't totally lost interest in his 200 million pound investment.

Every time I hear that someone has had a chat with Lerner, I picture a kid hiding in his closet so he can talk to his friends without his parents knowing. Maybe if he eats all his veggies and does his homework, they'll let him take his jet to a game.

Maybe we can get Wenger and Arsenal can get Lambert it would be a fair trade I reckon. 

I think I'd rather have Lambert at this stage in their respective careers. I'm still clinging to the hope that Lambert will turn out to be a brilliant but misunderstood genius and retire from a long and successful career as our manager aged 97.

• Like 1

What I think about is that if we replaced him, the players we'd bring in would be uninspiring and boring, like the Crouches, Defoes etc. With Lambert, although they're risky signings, I quite like having unknowns and then seeing them improve and become class. I'm still hoping that Paul can turn it around though it's looking unlikely.

Maybe we can get Wenger and Arsenal can get Lambert it would be a fair trade I reckon. 

I think I'd rather have Lambert at this stage in their respective careers. I'm still clinging to the hope that Lambert will turn out to be a brilliant but misunderstood genius and retire from a long and successful career as our manager aged 97.

For me this is the most frustrating thing about Lambert. He really doesn't seem that far away from coming good for us but he just hasn't crossed that bridge yet... I really hope he does but it's pretty painful for the time being. A lot of it seems to be rotten luck - sending offs that weren't, multiple horrible injuries to important players, shots that just didn't go in... but he has his weird sides too with subs and sometimes questionable tactics. I guess that could be attributed to the fact that he's a young manager learning his trade and while there's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't help us now.

For me this is the most frustrating thing about Lambert. He really doesn't seem that far away from coming good for us but he just hasn't crossed that bridge yet... I really hope he does but it's pretty painful for the time being. A lot of it seems to be rotten luck - sending offs that weren't, multiple horrible injuries to important players, shots that just didn't go in... but he has his weird sides too with subs and sometimes questionable tactics. I guess that could be attributed to the fact that he's a young manager learning his trade and while there's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't help us now.

Yep, I tend to agree. I feel like Lambert will be successful as a manger somewhere down the track.

We're right in the middle of some teething problems he's having between rising up the divisions with a young and hungry Norwich and him eventually figuring out how to manage effectively in the Premier League. Compounded by the fact that he's on a shoestring budget from an owner who has lost interest.

He's obviously trying to change things. We've changed dramatically from the leakiest defense I remember to having a super tight defense but struggling to score. Lambert hasn't quite figured it out just yet. I think he will, but we'll have to endure a little while longer of this garbage.

Who knows, if Lerner cared and invested, we might have an attacking player or two who knew how to move and position themselves and could support Benteke and we'd be scoring for fun. When we're relying on two limited academy products, not so much.

Â