Paul Lambert

limpid

Suprised no-one has picked up on Lamberts comments in the Mail today : " Expectations outweigh realism at the club"

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-reaction-paul-lambert-8430601

So sorry for expecting more than 11 goals from the last 21 games, and 12 points from the last 51.

It seems obvious to me that he is saying we expect to be comfortably mid table cus of our history and after the few years we had under Mon but the reality is that we spend like a championship team so realistically it's an achievement to be still in the league. We just need super timmy sherwood on board and everything will be fine ye?
  • Like 1

I don't have a personal vendetta with you. Of course I will argue with you (I prefer to call it debate) when I have a contrary viewpoint.

Be like sexbelowsound, we are now buddies.

Get **** you word removed.  ;)

That's not nice.  :(

• Like 1

I don't have a personal vendetta with you. Of course I will argue with you (I prefer to call it debate) when I have a contrary viewpoint.

I was hoping the  ;)  would let you know I was only half serious.  :P

I was hoping the  :( would let you know that I was pretending to be sad.  :D

• Like 1

Suprised no-one has picked up on Lamberts comments in the Mail today : " Expectations outweigh realism at the club"

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-reaction-paul-lambert-8430601

So sorry for expecting more than 11 goals from the last 21 games, and 12 points from the last 51.

It seems obvious to me that he is saying we expect to be comfortably mid table cus of our history and after the few years we had under Mon but the reality is that we spend like a championship team so realistically it's an achievement to be still in the league. We just need super timmy sherwood on board and everything will be fine ye?

I would seriously take anyone now, just to freshen things up. Steve Claridge came up with the perfect answer the other night when asked about the turnaround in Blues fortunes.

He said it's simply a manager that has come in, got them enjoying playing football and actually playing the players in their preferred positions'. Not really rocket science. Lambert continually plays Weimann and Gabby out of position along with others. I dont recall any fans saying we should be comfortably midtable, but we do expect improvement from one season to the next and a team that shows fight and spirit. So Lambert is meeting your expectations then of lowest scorers, lack of points etc..?

Edited by sidcowans21

I was hoping the  :( would let you know that I was pretending to be sad.  :D

Touche good sir! Touche!

I would seriously take anyone now, just to freshen things up. Steve Claridge came up with the perfect answer the other night when asked about the turnaround in Blues fortunes.

He said it's simply a manager that has come in, got them enjoying playing football and actually playing the players in their preferred positions'. Not really rocket science. Lambert continually plays Weimann and Gabby out of position along with others. I dont recall any fans saying we should be comfortably midtable, but we do expect improvement from one season to the next and a team thats show fight. So Lambert is meeting your expectations then of lowest scorers, lack of points etc..?

He played zogbia plenty aswell as gabby and Weimann. Fact is they are shit but he was stuck with them as he had to sort the defence first. If we sign Gil and another quality attacker then it could transform the team. I'm more than happy to give it more time as it's only now after 2 and a half seasons that Lambert is starting to get his own team on the pitch. Remember he said it wud take 2 or 3 seasons to get things right here? It's almost as if he knows more about what the state of the club is than some of our vt experts but yeah let's just get anyone in, that's bound to work out. Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 2

He said it's simply a manager that has come in, got them enjoying playing football and actually playing the players in their preferred positions'. Not really rocket science. Lambert continually plays Weimann and Gabby out of position along with others. I dont recall any fans saying we should be comfortably midtable, but we do expect improvement from one season to the next and a team thats show fight. So Lambert is meeting your expectations then of lowest scorers, lack of points etc..?

He played zogbia plenty aswell as gabby and Weimann. Fact is they are shit but he was stuck with them as he had to sort the defence first. If we sign Gil and another quality attacker then it could transform the team. I'm more than happy to give it more time as it's only now after 2 and a half seasons that Lambert is starting to get his own team on the pitch. Remember he said it wud take 2 or 3 seasons to get things right here? It's almost as if he knows more about what the state of the club is than some of our vt experts but yeah let's just get anyone in, that's bound to work out.

So Lambert is meeting your expectations then of lowest scorers, lack of points etc..?

He played zogbia plenty aswell as gabby and Weimann. Fact is they are shit but he was stuck with them as he had to sort the defence first. If we sign Gil and another quality attacker then it could transform the team. I'm more than happy to give it more time as it's only now after 2 and a half seasons that Lambert is starting to get his own team on the pitch. Remember he said it wud take 2 or 3 seasons to get things right here? It's almost as if he knows more about what the state of the club is than some of our vt experts but yeah let's just get anyone in, that's bound to work out.
So Lambert is meeting your expectations then of lowest scorers, lack of points etc..?
I don't have much expectation while we are owned by Lerner. I'm of the opinion that it is an achievement to be staying in the league these past few years so in that regard yes Lambert is meeting my expectations. I think alot of Villa fans need to wake up and realise what Lerner is doing to the club. Lambert is the fall guy and has been ever since he took over.

Oh and no I'm not happy bout the amount of goals scored but I am happy about having the 5th best defence in the league and I'm happy to see Lambert trying to build on a good defence by trying to play football the right way. The system is fine, it's the players deployed that are costing us. Gil and a n other will hopefully make a major difference.

People are putting a lot of expectation on a 22 year old kid with limited experience at Valencia.

Is it hope or desperation?

• Like 1

I don't have much expectation while we are owned by Lerner. I'm of the opinion that it is an achievement to be staying in the league these past few years so in that regard yes Lambert is meeting my expectations. I think alot of Villa fans need to wake up and realise what Lerner is doing to the club. Lambert is the fall guy and has been ever since he took over.

Oh and no I'm not happy bout the amount of goals scored but I am happy about having the 5th best defence in the league and I'm happy to see Lambert trying to build on a good defence by trying to play football the right way. The system is fine, it's the players deployed that are costing us. Gil and a n other will hopefully make a major difference.

Fair play mate. I like a good debate. Im hoping a couple of new signings might change things too. Only thing i dont agree on though is Lambert continually says in interviews he knows the constraints at the club and did when he took over, so its not as though he didnt know what he was letting himself in for. I would love too see what Lambert could do with £50 - £60 million in a season as the higher ranged players he has done well with ie :  Benteke, Sanchez etc.. 

It's a plan isn't it? Try to play football and get some footballers in to play it rather than frauds like Weimann and Gabby. That would seem to be reasonable expectation rather than desperation. Of course Gil might not be all that, but it is a plan rather than a desperate roll of the dice.

A petition?

**** hell. So small time.

No more small time than just accepting it.

Fair play to them.

I'd argue it is actually.

But luckily those aren't the only two options.

Each to their own. I want Lambert out, but I won't be signing a petition about it.

• Like 1

I can't be arsed, but if someone wants to, they can estimate how much players we have are worth 'on form'. Like Benteke has to be 25 million, Okore 6 mil e.t.c. Then I would like the minority to tell me why we need Lerner to give us 20-30 million to beat the likes of Leicester, Burnley, Crystal palace, West Brom and don't start me on the lower league teams.

What I am trying to get at is, yes we haven't spent alot, but we all agree Lambert has done well in the transfer market buying players which are worth more. We may say Benteke was 9 million, but on form as said he is maybe 25 million. So if we have players better an maybe worth more than, Leicester, shouldn't we be asking the minority why we are still losing games and struggling to score??

Whoever said this Gil player is gonna turn our fortunes is trippin. Has this not been said with Benteke, Sanchez etc. Lambert can't get anywhere near the best out the players he has got, never mind any new players coming in.

• Like 1

A petition?

**** hell. So small time.

Don't add your name to it then.

It's for people that want to add their name to it. No need to ridicule someone that cares enough to try to do something about a situation rather than sitting on their backside and letting the mess unfold before their eyes.

I didn't create the petition but over 2000 people have added their name to it so it can't be as 'small time' as you have decided to label it.

• Like 3

There surely can't be anyone still backing him?

I'm still backing him.

I don't think he's the man to take us forward and I'd be pleased to see him replaced.

But I still back him. I'd RATHER he turned it round than we replaced him. I just don't think he will turn it round.

I think most would be like this but as you acknowledge he's not the man to take us forward.

If I back a horse in a race its because i believe it could win. I don't think there's any chance of Lambert turning it around so I can't back him to do it.

But you carry on backing that horse until the race is over.

No you don't. Other than the odd crazy occasion (see AP McCoys ride on folie a deux on YouTube - trust me, if anyone hasn't seen it, it's beyond unbelievable), quite often your aware if your horse has a sniff quite away from the finish.

Â