Paul Lambert

limpid

Interesting stat.

100% of teams that don't score don't win.

Lambert needs to understand that if we don't start scoring having a good defensive record is absolutely pointless.

......and the defense is only good against really crap teams looking for a point...

lambert has just enforced my reasoning for buying the kit at the end of season sale for £5.

I'd have thought at least playing for real Madrid, some of the Spanish flair would have rubbed off.

the only flair he has got is probably a sequinne encrusted sporran.

i don't think he is that bad of a manager...I like the style he is trying out. We have to start richardson, weimann and gabby every week. First names on the teamsheet for me.

Gabby and Richardson are the last names I'd want to see on the teamsheet.

• Like 1

this is the first time ive said this but he has to go, enough is enough. i know hes had to deal on a short budget and the club was in a bit of a mess when he arrived but hes had long enough and there is hardly any improvement if any at all. i like you paul and you seem like a decent bloke but times up, hope you succeed elsewhere but unfortunately it wont be here by the look of it.

• Like 1

Unless he has some kind of Lazarus style back from the dead, phoenix from the flames resurrection, by that I mean achieving something he hasn't done in his entire time here (like winning 3 in a row) he's crossed the precipice. Even then we will know it to be another false dawn. There's no way back, the fans have turned.

I'm not sure why the club would persist outside of financial reasons. I don't think they will actually, I think he'll be booted this week.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

The simple fact that he was given a 4 year extension off the back of a decent-ish start to the season coupled with Lerner being an absolute clown and Tom Fox only being in charge of shining the turd that is AVFC until his tenure makes me think he really won't be sacked, not even if we are relegated.

Probably more chance of Lerner pulling out his wallet and handing over some change.

yep the fans have turned completely, i dont like lambert out chants i think its not very classy but i think he already knows his time is coming to an end. only a good cup run might save him because i think in the league nothing will change.

Unless he has some kind of Lazarus style back from the dead, phoenix from the flames resurrection, by that I mean achieving something he hasn't done in his entire time here (like winning 3 in a row) he's crossed the precipice. Even then we will know it to be another false dawn. There's no way back, the fans have turned.

I'm not sure why the club would persist outside of financial reasons. I don't think they will actually, I think he'll be booted this week.

Agree with this, water under the bridge and all that. Short of a footballing miracle(which he hasn't hinted at being capable of), its a matter of when and not if now.

The 4 year extension was so idiotic.

It was FOUR games. And even in that run we had a dismal 0-0 with Newcastle that hinted at our problems this season.

I said at the time it was knee jerk. I'd have reassed the situation at xmas and seen if he could actually keep the run up for a month or two.

If we'd done that we could pay him off now as he wouldn't have much left with 6 months on the deal.

Just another awful decision the board have made in contradiction to the cost cutting.

• Like 1

The simple fact that he was given a 4 year extension off the back of a decent-ish start to the season coupled with Lerner being an absolute clown and Tom Fox only being in charge of shining the turd that is AVFC until his tenure makes me think he really won't be sacked, not even if we are relegated.

Probably more chance of Lerner pulling out his wallet and handing over some change.

I don't know. I don't think it would cost much to get rid of him, you'd hope they've learned from that mistake in the past. Then it's a case of who can we realistically bring in, can they do a worse job and when they don't will that have a positive effect financially in the short and long term? Will it make the club a more attractive proposition for a buyer? I think it would, which I think is all Lerner cares about. I think they'll chop him. I really do.

Or perhaps that's just hope springing eternal.

The 4 year extension was so idiotic.

It was FOUR games. And even in that run we had a dismal 0-0 with Newcastle that hinted at our problems this season.

I said at the time it was knee jerk. I'd have reassed the situation at xmas and seen if he could actually keep the run up for a month or two.

If we'd done that we could pay him off now as he wouldn't have much left with 6 months on the deal.

Just another awful decision the board have made in contradiction to the cost cutting.

It wasn't though, there was talk of a contract extension last season, but then we went on a crap run of form.

IMO the board clearly waited until a good set of results to make it official and public whilst it was agreed in the background at VP long before.

Still doesn't change it being a poor decision though I agree.

Edited by jjaacckk91

Lerner has to either back him with a decent budget or sack him this window as otherwise we're screwed. I maintain his record in the transfer market is good when he spends more than £3m on a player so he needs at least 3 players - one of which has to be a striker.

I don't know. I don't think it would cost much to get rid of him, you'd hope they've learned from that mistake in the past. Then it's a case of who can we realistically bring in, can they do a worse job and when they don't will that have a positive effect financially in the short and long term? Will it make the club a more attractive proposition for a buyer? I think it would, which I think is all Lerner cares about. I think they'll chop him. I really do.

Or perhaps that's just hope springing eternal.

I'm not sure the compensation is the issue though, its what a new manager with a backbone will potentially be asking for. Will Lerner sack someone who he knows won't ask for any money, praise him at any given opportunity and keep his business afloat for him? I doubt it.

Edited by sexbelowsound

IMO the board clearly waited until a good set of results to make it official and public whilst it was agreed in the background at VP long before.

That's also how I saw it and more fool our fickle fans for enabling it to happen.

Edited by Isa

Even if it cost nothing to get rid of Lambert I still think the club will stick by him until the end of the season by which time hopefully he will have done enough that he won't be needed to be gotten rid of then. Hopefully Lerner see's today as a warning shot that he needs to help out financially so we can get some creative players in the team.

Â