Paul Lambert

limpid

I loved the clip on TV when he and I believe Scott Marshall were scribbling notes after the sending off. Marshall paused and it looked like Lambert took a sneaky look to steal his ideas. :D

Got his way of playing tactically (players movement) and doesn't seem to want to change that no matter if we pass the ball (which I like) or long ball. Players are making same runs into same areas and we are creating very little.

He needs to start Grealish, right?????

11 goals in 19 games - we are crying out for some creativity.

We're not making any progress at all under Lambert

It's a pretty safe bet that Lambert would be okay with the idea of signing someone creative if the club are prepared to fund it.

The club are willing to find £7.5 million to buy someone as anonymous as cleverly.

If we have £7.5m to spend, it should be spent on compensation for Lambert.

What is he saying to the players in training? Three red cards in four games.

First injurygate and now this.

Lambert out.

I think the players take it upon themselves to do daft things that leave us playing with 10 men for 40+ mins per game. It would be harsh to blame Lambert for it. I think he's set us out well recently and his signings have been our best players, bar Cleverley who has been shit. I hope Weimann doesn't play again for months as well.
right so it's wrong to lay blame at the feet of the manager of a team who've had 4 sending offs more or less in succession. It's simple he's not got the teams respect at the players have no discipline. He should be tearing a new hole for anyone getting sent off like that. They should be fined 3 weeks wages and made to apologise to the fans and the rest of the team

Level on points with Everton how it stands, and they spent £30 million on a striker

They are underperforming, we are doing the best we can with a better striker.

I can't wait for a journo to ask Lambert why we can't score???

Edited by foreveryoung

Just back from VP. I guess a draw having played half the game with 10 men isn't a bad result but it masks the fact that with 11 men we were very poor and created next to nothing again.

It is admirable that we are trying to implement a more patient passing style but obviously it needs an end product and in that regard we are failing badly. Why he picked NZogbia ahead of Grealish is beyond me but can only be down to NZogbia being more aware defensively. Lambert needs to be braver and be more attack inclined especially when choosing who to play as the players either side of Benteke. The emphasis needs to be more on who can create and be a threat going forward not on who can offer more defensively.

Looking at the season overall, now we are half way through it, I think performances have in the main been poor. We have been very good defensively but going forward diabolical. 21 points from 19 games is a poor return especially afer taking 9 from our first 4 games meaning a return of just 12 points in our last 15 games. We must do better and Lambert needs to start getting way more out of what is a decent squad.

Bang on!!! This is why we are not scoring goals, Why Lambert cannot see this and make the change I really don't understand

Just back from VP. I guess a draw having played half the game with 10 men isn't a bad result but it masks the fact that with 11 men we were very poor and created next to nothing again.

It is admirable that we are trying to implement a more patient passing style but obviously it needs an end product and in that regard we are failing badly. Why he picked NZogbia ahead of Grealish is beyond me but can only be down to NZogbia being more aware defensively. Lambert needs to be braver and be more attack inclined especially when choosing who to play as the players either side of Benteke. The emphasis needs to be more on who can create and be a threat going forward not on who can offer more defensively.

Looking at the season overall, now we are half way through it, I think performances have in the main been poor. We have been very good defensively but going forward diabolical. 21 points from 19 games is a poor return especially afer taking 9 from our first 4 games meaning a return of just 12 points in our last 15 games. We must do better and Lambert needs to start getting way more out of what is a decent squad.

Bang on!!! This is why we are not scoring goals, Why Lambert cannot see this and make the change I really don't understand

He's limitation as a top class coach I personally believe. I hope he proves me wrong. 

Maybe if we get enough players sent off, the right team will pick its self. :)

This.^^^^^

The problem with this new passing style is we have a sterile, plodding midfield that is incapble of seeing the early ball and the only chances we create are when we have space to run into so in essence little has changed.

The crowd also started to get frustrated when all the passing leads to nothing but giving the ball away on the edge of the box, you can do that just hoofing the ball.

Maybe actually starting Grealish might help as he looks to have a clue what to do in the final third.

Also don't like this messing around at the back, we'll lose a goal from that sooner rather than later. Leave the tippy tappy stuff to around the halfway line.

Â