Paul Lambert

limpid

Massive win, bad performance.

It's funny because we played exactly how QPR played against us, and Palace played the way we did in that game in that they had a lot of possession but didn't create anything where we had the best chances (and pertinently the only goal), despite defending for most of the game. Yet we had people saying it was a good performance by QPR that day and an awful one by us. 

Villa have not lost in 30 days, 4 unbeaten, 12th in the league 4 points off 7th,

Stats dont lie

Also 6 of those 9 games where against teams in the top 8 last season, only QPR did we not get something when we was favourites

No stats don't lie.

4 goals in 10 games.

9 games without a win before tonight.

Benteke won us the game not Lambert. Winning the ball like Benteke did was not tactical from Lambert it was class from Benteke. Awful football but great win. If people are happy to play like that for literally 90 minutes every game your welcome, but we hadn't a clue all game!!  Lambert out for me!!!!

• Like 2

Massive win, bad performance.

It's funny because we played exactly how QPR played against us, and Palace played the way we did in that game in that they had a lot of possession but didn't create anything where we had the best chances (and pertinently the only goal), despite defending for most of the game. Yet we had people saying it was a good performance by QPR that day and an awful one by us. 

We had 65% possession against QPR and (apparently) 54% against Palace - although it certainly didn't seem that way!

12th in the league, only thing that matters. 

Benteke won us the game not Lambert. Winning the ball like Benteke did was not tactical from Lambert it was class from Benteke. Awful football but great win. If people are happy to play like that for literally 90 minutes every game your welcome, but we hadn't a clue all game!!  Lambert out for me!!!!

Who bought Benteke? 

Lambert got his tactics right tonight.

......if the future is 10 men behind the ball and long balls to clear then count me out, that wasn't football but credit to the players for being so committed. 

A much needed win.

Which isn't what happened at all up until the last 15 or so.  But ok.

.......we were under pressure for the whole game with occasional moves forward when Palace were tired/caught out...that was it.

Apart from two 5 minute periods where we kept the ball well (on the edge of their box) we defended desperately,

Gabby got cramp, Weimann was a shattered wreck, Cleverley had to come off.

A team effort, to defend.

But ok.

Villa win = credit anyone but Lambert.

Villa don't win = Lambert's fault

We might as well close this thread to be fair.

• Like 1

Villa have not lost in 30 days, 4 unbeaten, 12th in the league 4 points off 7th,

Stats dont lie

Also 6 of those 9 games where against teams in the top 8 last season, only QPR did we not get something when we was favourites

No stats don't lie.

4 goals in 10 games.

I've been watching the wrong team. It turns out we're good because stats don't lie.

I don't need stats to tell me we're going nowhere playing like that.

How was that any different to last year or the year before? We have these games and what do we end up doing?

Ha nice. Bet you'd say it was Lambert's fault we drew against Burnley though.

......if the future is 10 men behind the ball and long balls to clear then count me out, that wasn't football but credit to the players for being so committed. 

A much needed win.

You obviously didn't watch the game, or watched them with your claret an blue glasses on. We were uner pressure for 90 minutes. The players will be knackerd if we continue to play this way!

• Like 1

A much needed win.

.......we were under pressure for the whole game with occasional moves forward when Palace were tired/caught out...that was it.

Apart from two 5 minute periods where we kept the ball well (on the edge of their box) we defended desperately,

Gabby got cramp, Weimann was a shattered wreck, Cleverley had to come off.

A team effort, to defend.

But ok.

Yes, we were under pressure for huge periods in the game.  No, we didn't play 10 men behind the ball and play long balls forward all game.

That's what your original statement said (I've put it in bold in case you missed it).

12th in the league, only thing that matters.

Benteke won us the game not Lambert. Winning the ball like Benteke did was not tactical from Lambert it was class from Benteke. Awful football but great win. If people are happy to play like that for literally 90 minutes every game your welcome, but we hadn't a clue all game!! Lambert out for me!!!!

Who bought Benteke?

Funny you didn't say that when you put all the blame on okore against Burnley.

And league table at this point means little when you play like that. We were 11th last year. You don't stay there performing like we have this season.

• Like 1

Stats dont lie

No stats don't lie.

4 goals in 10 games.

4 games without defeat, 3 of them away, 6 points only 2 goals conceded with our 1st choice centre halves missing. Stats do lie but I don;t give a damn, my glass is half full.

Â