Paul Lambert

limpid

That Bent sub :crylaugh:

What in the flying piss is he doing? Did you see that little ball down the left hand side of the area that Bent tried to run onto? He can hardly move. I want to know what he shows in training to be coming on ahead of ever other player bar on that bench bar Given. Any of them would have been more useful.

We got a point after our striker ran onto a clearance and the opposition keeper made an error. I hope to see some ambition against Burnley in the battle for 19th.

Sanchez needed to come off.

Lambert didn't want to bring an attacking midfielder on.

Best option was to drop gabby back because of his energy and lack of opportunity up front.

We needed to out a striker on as a result.

I'm not sure it was the right thing to do, but why the **** is everyone struggling with the concept?

Because surely bringing on Bacuna for Sanchez is better than bringing Bent on?
Why? Bacuna isn't defensive and is possibly the only player on the bench we could have brought on who would have made our ability in possession even worse

Because Gabby could have stayed more central and Bacuna could have gone out to the wing and doubled up defending with Hutton. Or Bacuna could have played more central and Richardson could have gone out to the wing. Either of those options is better than bringing Bent on, which is effectively playing with 10 men.
I disagree. Obviously.

What in the flying piss is he doing? Did you see that little ball down the left hand side of the area that Bent tried to run onto? He can hardly move. I want to know what he shows in training to be coming on ahead of ever other player bar on that bench bar Given. Any of them would have been more useful.

We got a point after our striker ran onto a clearance and the opposition keeper made an error. I hope to see some ambition against Burnley in the battle for 19th.

Best option was to drop gabby back because of his energy and lack of opportunity up front.

I'm not sure it was the right thing to do, but why the **** is everyone struggling with the concept?

I'll assist you. It wasn't the right thing to do :thumb:

I'm not struggling... I can't fathom the thought process because he's so incorrect.

Darren Bent cannot move. Did you see him lurch around, you may as well have Given there!

Put Grealish up front, put Cole up front, put Lowton on as an extra centre half, put Bacuna on to charge around midfield. We could have even then maybe grabbed another with Gabby latching onto another clearance in a piece of "planned football".

I wouldn't argue about it - we were getting overun before the sub - making it \ not making it wouldn't have affected the result IMO. 

• Like 1

Bacuna at least puts himself about though. Gabby is about the worst player we have in possession, so bringing Bent on to drop Gabby back makes no sense either. Gabby falling asleep and letting Clyne in for the goal backs up the fact that it was an awful sub IMO. I don't really see how it can be defended, but to each their own.

I'll assist you. It wasn't the right thing to do :thumb:

I'm not struggling... I can't fathom the thought process because he's so incorrect.

Darren Bent cannot move. Did you see him lurch around, you may as well have Given there!

Put Grealish up front, put Cole up front, put Lowton on as an extra centre half, put Bacuna on to charge around midfield. We could have even then maybe grabbed another with Gabby latching onto another clearance in a piece of "planned football".

I wouldn't argue about it - we were getting overun before the sub - making it \ not making it wouldn't have affected the result IMO. 

It makes me more sad than I would care to admit when we play so badly.

It probably made no difference agreed.

Bacuna at least puts himself about though. Gabby is about the worst player we have in possession, so bringing Bent on to drop Gabby back makes no sense either. Gabby falling asleep and letting Clyne in for the goal backs up the fact that it was an awful sub IMO. I don't really see how it can be defended, but to each their own.

Like I said, I don't think it was the right thing to do.

All I was saying is I don't understand why people are so baffled by the logic.

Gabby into midfield, bent to replace him up top.

It's pretty simple. People were acting like Lambert had taken off Sanchez and replaced him with the tea lady

(Cue joke about the tea lady being more effective that bent)

Edited by Stevo985

Respect tonight. Good result. Now let's try to win a few before the years out.

Yeah we drew yet again after being ahead with a lucky goal from a goal keeping error. We had 1 shot on target and 30% possession. An when we should be fighting for another goal we bring a off form striker on, drop everyone back to defend and invite pressure.........

Edited by foreveryoung

Can anyone explain what he is supposed to have achieved in his time?

Attractive football? no

Tactical nous? no

Good in the transfer market? no

Getting players to perform to the best of their abilities? no

Signs of improvement? no

Avoiding the worst result in our history? no

Not getting outplayed in a 2 leg semi by a bottom division side? no

Not getting knocked out of almost every cup by lower division sides? no

reaching the heights of being the 2nd lowest scorers in Britain? no

Managing to score 1 goal in a calendar month? no

Getting the fans through the gates? no

Creating a sense of optimism? no

Providing the basis for a good atmosphere? no

Showing ambition? no

Not setting a record for our lowest points in a premier league season? no

Hiring your personal favourite backroom staff that don't need to be sacked for gross misconduct? no 

His only 'success' is just avoiding relegation. And we have never had one of the 3 worst squads, the 3 lowest budgets, etc. So basically, his best characteristic is that, despite failing by almost any reasonable criteria, he could have actually failed by slightly more. And until he reaches the absolute nadir of failure we should give him time, otherwise we will never know quite to what depths he is capable of plunging to.

• Like 4

Like I said, I don't think it was the right thing to do.

All I was saying is I don't understand why people are so baffled by the logic.

Gabby into midfield, bent to replace him up top.

It's pretty simple. People were acting like Lambert had taken off Sanchez and replaced him with the tea lady

(Cue joke about the tea lady being more effective that bent)

If Weimann stops Bertrand or Gabby tracks a simple run, we would not be having this debate, we had enough back to defend it regardless of who was upfront

Respect tonight. Good result. Now let's try to win a few before the years out.

Yeah we lost yet again after being ahead with a lucky goal from a goal keeping error. We had 1 shot on target and 30% possession. An when we should be fighting for another goal we bring a off form striker on, drop everyone back to defend and invite pressure.........

We didn't lose.

If Weimann stops Bertrand or Gabby tracks a simple run, we would not be having this debate, we had enough back to defend it regardless of who was upfront

If you defend for 90 mins, your opponent gets a chance or 2. To point out individual mistakes is bollocks. That is what happens when you are so negative, you can't expect a flawless rearguard action, especially when you are talking about 2 forwards in defensive positions.    

• Like 2

Re the sub, given that Richardson was on surely swapping him for Sanchez on the pitch and replacing sanchez with jack would've kept things just how they were?

Also, have we not forgotten that jack's main strength seems to be drawing fouls and killing time?

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

First game of the season he brought Grealish on when we were clinging onto a 1-0 lead.

We won that game.

Sometimes it's important to carry the ball forward and not hope to get another goal.......though for a change I don't think Lambert can be criticised for bringing on Bent, he tried something different and it unsettled us but at least we got a point.

Regarding his substitutions. I don't think they cost us the goal. I think we started playing a little better when Sanchez went off. We do not need three central midfielders.

Cleverley Westwood Delph and Sanchez are all very capable of keeping possession.. so why do we never keep the ball or create anything?

I think we have a decent team but its the tactics and our shape that is awful. If you analyse where we break down. Our central players don't get the ball high up the pitch. You could throw a blanket over them. Our 'winger/forwards' are too deep covering. Essentially you have the whole side defending. This is not necessary and you just add further pressure when you lose possession. So when we do counter attack we spread the ball wide and its very very rarely Wiemann/Nzogbia or Gabby are on the ball in the wide areas. Every time we go wide its Hutton or Cissohko with the ball and they just look clueless or send an aimless ball to the centre of the park.

Now i dont know what he tells the players individually but the team is just generally too deep. Everytime i watch another side with our formation they have wingers out wide who send in great crosses or cut in and play 1-2's with the midfielders to get them involved. Our team just breaks down. Yet week in week out we have the same attacking players and same tactics. 

• Like 2

All in all lambert is a total idiot the style of play is the killer for me,how does he expect players to counter all the time and suceed its tital bullshit you need to keep the ball the players are dead on their feet chasing like headless chickens. Ball retention paul work on it we get the ball give it away chase like numpties get it back then give it straight away.

Secondly what on earth were his sub changes about christ man get a grip you dont put a poacher on when you create fu*k all.

Thirdly you are driving the fans away that is a crap attendance 25k cmon were the villa we deserve better.

Lambert you are woeful 1 shot on target versus saints only 6 prem goals all season you cant and you WONT turn this round its not on next summer well be worse than we are now when vlaar and company leave.

Randy or tom fox sort this mess out,get the fans back and give us a club that cares and respects its fans, because much longer and attendances will drop sub 20k.

Oh and finally jores okore was superb what you gunna do ill tell you what you will do youll drop the lad cos you are clueless.

Edited by villan501

Â