Paul Lambert

limpid

I haven't to be honest with you. The reality to me is this. As far as i'm concerned, Lambert's remit has been to keep us the Premier League and spend the bare minimum to do so. Yes, the football hasn't been the best at times and thats putting it mildly but I refuse to aim my anger and frustration at the poor state this club is in at Lambert because I don't think he deserves it.

Jesus,

If you're right then I have even less respect for him. Many managers would have just walked with their dignity intact rather than consistently play the most eye-bleedingly shite football I have ever had the misfortune to see, just to pick up a wage.

I don't think that's it at all. I think he's hit a wall in his ability and he can't see a way around it and neither can Lerner. Pretty simple really.

• Like 1

Paul Lambert accepted the job presumably knowing the financial constraints involved....Paul Lambert has lauded Randy Lerner every time he been asked pointed questions about the owner.

Paul Lambert has spent 46 mill net to date....not mind blowing but some could say a better return should have been acheived....either the players were not good enough or not blended sufficiently.

• Like 2

I read on a Villa blog that there's talk of Lambert having lost the dressing room. Anyone else hearing this?

Get him a satnav for crimbo.

This will be the 'Ron Atkinson plays golf with my brother' blog. What always gets me with this 'losing the dressing room' stuff is that it is always trotted out when a manager is on the ropes. The players, who have allegedly lost faith in him, are in no way to blame themselves? They all have to share the blame and that doesn't mean picking a player at random to put crap in the Birmingham Mail in midweek.

• Like 1

But they started off in 16th because McLeish did such a terrible job. If 16th was a fair position for that squad then why did we want McLeish sacked? Also if 3 years on we're now supposed to not blame the manager for where we currently are, again why did we want McLeish sacked?

He has had injured players but has also chosen to not include players in his squad, thereby further reducing the available pool of players. He can't be totally excused on injuries when a lot of his problems are self-inflicted. No owner is going to stand for players being paid but made unavailable due to Lambert's piss poor management of the situation. Lerner appeared to put up for it for a good while but it was also one of the traits of O'Neill that annoyed him.

I can't believe people are still defending him, he is the worst Premier League manager we have every had.

His record speaks for itself, he has lost 46% of the games he has managed.

PL loss ratios: Taylor(combined)34% Venglos37% Atkinson31% Little31% Gregory29% O'Leary37% O'Neill26% Houllier39% Eke38% Lambert46%!

Not to mention all the records he has broken, the next one being relegation from the Premier League for the first time.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 1

I read on a Villa blog that there's talk of Lambert having lost the dressing room. Anyone else hearing this?

Well we loose everything else so no surprise there.

I heard Lambert even looses his keys and phone twice a week.

• Like 1

I haven't to be honest with you. The reality to me is this. As far as i'm concerned, Lambert's remit has been to keep us the Premier League and spend the bare minimum to do so. Yes, the football hasn't been the best at times and thats putting it mildly but I refuse to aim my anger and frustration at the poor state this club is in at Lambert because I don't think he deserves it.

Jesus,

If you're right then I have even less respect for him. Many managers would have just walked with their dignity intact rather than consistently play the most eye-bleedingly shite football I have ever had the misfortune to see, just to pick up a wage.

I don't think that's it at all. I think he's hit a wall in his ability and he can't see a way around it and neither can Lerner. Pretty simple really.

Did he not finish higher with Norwich than he has with us? Maybe the lack of expectation helped with that but you can't say he has hit a wall in his ability when he has already proven he can finish higher.

Anyway, don't make the mistake of thinking because I don't agree with you and others 100% that I am happy with how things are going.I just disagree with the focus of the majority of the vitriol.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

I think it is a minority but not all of you talk down to us football idiots when telling us why it's not lambert's fault. 

There's plenty of "talking down" from both sides of the argument.

That's not indicative of their point of view, that's indicative of the person posting it.

• Like 2

I think it is a minority but not all of you talk down to us football idiots when telling us why it's not lambert's fault. 

There's plenty of "talking down" from both sides of the argument.

That's not indicative of their point of view, that's indicative of the person posting it.

Sometimes its hard to remember that we are all  here for one reason and that is the passion we share for this great club. That passion definitely spills over onto this board but I hope nobody takes it to heart.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 4

but I think that just staying up whilst playing entertaining football would be sufficient for "most" fans.

Repeating myself a bit but I don't think a lot of fans know what they want with regards to entertaining football.

At a match, if we are playing with a bit of confidence, they're spreading it around nicely, building up and keeping possession, there inevitably comes a time where you have to turn and go backwards. At that exact point half of the stadium starts jeering about 'getting it forward' and '**** hell' because from a promising position we've been forced all the way back to the keeper.

So when a defender has the option of either playing a slightly risky pass back into midfield while under pressure, or going 'safe' by just hoofing it up, they're always going to choose the latter when most fans applaud them for doing so.

So fans say they want good quality possession, but actually want long ball kick and rush. Or least they reward the players for playing that way.

Maybe I don't understand the wording here, but surely it is the manager in charge and not the fans? At least you would hope so.

So we are now adding the fans to the long list of excuses as to why we can't keep the ball, use the ball, have no urgency, stand around like statues, cannot defend, cannot attack, have one formation and it stays like that, why there is no guile, why we can't get players to work on throw-ins, corners. It is why we use counter attack against 10 men behind the ball, why the players have no clue what to do when counter attack doesn't work against a team who are sitting with 9/10 men deep.

The fans are to blame? Not the manager who sets a game plan, does the training... It is the fans?

Ok.

• Like 3

But they started off in 16th because McLeish did such a terrible job. If 16th was a fair position for that squad then why did we want McLeish sacked? Also if 3 years on we're now supposed to not blame the manager for where we currently are, again why did we want McLeish sacked?

Because he's an ex-Blue.  We wanted McLeish sacked before he even came to the club.

• Like 2

So we are now adding the fans to the long list of excuses as to why we can't keep the ball, use the ball, have no urgency, stand around like statues, cannot defend, cannot attack, have one formation and it stays like that, why there is no guile, why we can't get players to work on throw-ins, corners. It is why we use counter attack against 10 men behind the ball, why the players have no clue what to do when counter attack doesn't work against a team who are sitting with 9/10 men deep.

The fans are to blame? Not the manager who sets a game plan, does the training... It is the fans?

Ok.

The fans play a part, absolutely.  "To blame" - no; "part of the problem" - yes.

• Like 1

Ok.

The fans play a part, absolutely.  "To blame" - no; "part of the problem" - yes.

For all of the above? The fact we (the team) come out looking like they have never played in the same before, is not the fault of Lambert, but the fans?

How does this explain the fact we have been equally as shit and inept away from home, when we have incredible away support?

Edited by DK82

Ok.

For all of the above? The fact we (the team) come out looking like they have never played in the same before, is not the fault of Lambert, but the fans?

How does this explain the fact we have been equally as shit and inept away from home, when we have incredible away support?

No-one has said this.  Why do people constantly put words in others' mouths to try and "prove" their argument?  No-one has said "this is the fans' fault, not Lambert's" - it's obviously more to do with the manager than the fans for **** sake. 

All I'm saying is that fans play a part.  For ex; Adebayor has recently spoken about how the atmosphere at White Hart Lane is affecting him/Spurs.  It's naive to think that booing/jeering/not turning up to games has absolutely zero effect on the players.

Â