Paul Lambert

limpid

Who gives a **** about records? Records are meaningless - it's completely missing the point. What matters are the actual outcomes, not what happened or did not happen in the past.

For example, going 4 games without scoring a goal concerns me - I couldn't give a shit if this has never happened before.

Not that you did miss the point (I agree particularly about conceding early) but records are brought up way too often on here.

Edited by Mantis

Under Lambert we've lurched from one comedy scenario to the other, we're guff because one or more of these:

1) We've replaced our overpaid experienced players with even worse younger players

2) Lambert's backroom staff are utter *****s (bullying players and making Chris Herd look like a bespeckled Shoreditch tw8t)

3) As soon as we hit any kind of consistency or form:

a) Benteke gets crocked and we can't win without him

B) Vlaar gets crocked and we can't win without him

c) Delph gets crocked and we.... well you get the idea

d) We make a series of the most unnecessary defensive blunders at the start of every game so we begin with a one goal deficit after less than 15 mins.

4) Keane reduces the size of his beard and we can't win

5) Our entire squad get explosive diarrhea

6) We can attack at pace and score goals, but can't defend any set pieces

7) We can defend, but can't string two offensive passes together

8) We can't keep possession, attack or defend

Also add in

9) Any longstanding record the club have every held has been sent down the toilet (are there any bad ones actually left we can attain that hasn't been nailed already? Lowest possession in a game? Least shots on target in a season? More comedy injuries than Arsenal?)

10) We ensure that any players that can cross have been sold or don't play. Or replaced by central midfielders. (I love that we signed Sanchez, but then we signed Cleverly after already signing Richardson. So that's three players who don't have an offensive bone in their body to be added to the rest of the midfield that don't have an offensive bone in their body. Yes we have Cole for his 4 cameos and Grealish who will hopefully break through but needs to bulk up to stand a chance).

11) Rather than sign technical and creative players, lets pin all our hopes on Gabby and Weimann to both score and create goals from wide positions, in the hope that roughly every 10 games that might actually work. But god forbid we drop them when they are rubbish.

12) Lerner wants anyone who earns over 20K to be killed. Lerner wants anyone who earns over 20K to be in the squad and all the players brought in earning less than 20K a week to be killed.

13) Baker and Clark are still considered defenders (harsh on Baker I know, but even we he can defend he injures himself by heroically face planting during a block or tackle).

14) Lerner doesn't now how to run a football club or employ those that do, so he tries to sell the club, only some guy called Phil who owns a car dealership in Coventry, the guy who runs the kebab chain 'Halal is it Meat your looking for', and Abdul Sanchez son of a Bezakstain Prince's brother in laws, house keeper's gardener all show a brief passing interest.

We win three games Lerner gets excited and starts turning up to games just in time to see us have are arse and balls handed back to us on a golden platter.

and so on and so on

Frighteningly truthful.

• Like 1

VillanousOne, I enjoyed reading that, kind of. Every single point you make is true and made me laugh, but then made me feel quite depressed about football lately. We made a bright start to the season but these last five games have completely taken the wind out of our sails, even if the matches were against top class opposition. The last goal we scored was the one against Liverpool, but you can't really class that as a goal because it was quite lucky and required zero skill. If the football doesn't improve against QPR, then I will start to get really worried.

Look at Southampton. Two years ago, we were a bigger and better club than them in every single way. They are now light years ahead of us, I couldn't dream of us beating a team by more than 2 goals at the moment. Football can be depressing. I'm going to bed.

We are always rubbish after unexpected wins, it's been a constant them of the Lambert reign and is the difference between secure mid table finishes and relegation battles as we can never build on good results as our form goes to pot.

I'll cut Lambert some slack as this run of 4 games straight after Liverpool has been very tough, still not great to lose 11-0 though so all the momentum from Anfield has been lost.

Who gives a **** about records? Records are meaningless - it's completely missing the point. What matters are the actual outcomes, not what happened or did not happen in the past.

For example, going 4 games without scoring a goal concerns me - I couldn't give a shit if this has never happened before.

Not that you did miss the point (I agree particularly about conceding early) but records are brought up way too often on here.

Who are you to say how and what people can place importance on?

I for one think it's extremely important and definitely not missing "the point" what ever that is, that our performances under Lambert are breaking, in some cases fairly ancient, records.

• Like 1

VillanousOne, I enjoyed reading that, kind of. Every single point you make is true and made me laugh, but then made me feel quite depressed about football lately. We made a bright start to the season but these last five games have completely taken the wind out of our sails, even if the matches were against top class opposition. The last goal we scored was the one against Liverpool, but you can't really class that as a goal because it was quite lucky and required zero skill. If the football doesn't improve against QPR, then I will start to get really worried.

Look at Southampton. Two years ago, we were a bigger and better club than them in every single way. They are now light years ahead of us, I couldn't dream of us beating a team by more than 2 goals at the moment. Football can be depressing. I'm going to bed.

i agree it is depressing, i dread weekends now as everytime we play it inevitably leads to me being fecked off for most of the weekend.

and Mantis yes I agree records are meaningless, but just look at todays woeful Everton worshipping commentary, do we really want to give the media scum that run football coverage more horrible stats to run us down with?

I for one think it's extremely important and definitely not missing "the point" what ever that is, that our performances under Lambert are breaking, in some cases fairly ancient, records.

I never was trying to say what people could place importance on - I was just saying that for me I couldn't care less about records and I can't understand why they're talked about so much on here.

It often does miss the point though - let's just say our goalless run continues and we end up breaking a record: I can guarantee that there'll be a lot of talk on here slamming Lambert for breaking that record rather than slating him for the fact that we'd have gone such a long time without scoring.

and Mantis yes I agree records are meaningless, but just look at todays woeful Everton worshipping commentary, do we really want to give the media scum that run football coverage more horrible stats to run us down with?

Honestly couldn't care less - **** the media. All I'm concerned about is results and performances.

Edited by Mantis

Honestly couldn't care less - **** the media. All I'm concerned about is results and performances.

yes but surely the two things are connected? You usually don't get to set more awful records if you are performing well and winning.

Edited by VillanousOne

I never was trying to say what people could place importance on - I was just saying that for me I couldn't care less about records and I can't understand why they're talked about so much on here.

It often does miss the point though - let's just say our goalless run continues and we end up breaking a record: I can guarantee that there'll be a lot of talk on here slamming Lambert for breaking that record rather than slating him for the fact that we'd have gone such a long time without scoring.

Are they not the same thing though?

Comparing it to records just puts said thing into context with past performances.

I don't know guys.

We still don't see any progress in the team do we? If this style of football continues for another season i don't know if i can take it, like seriously! So one dimentional and predictable. I know your supposed to support the team and your manager, but the last games performances have jsut been embarassing in my eyes, especially today's game.

I know he just signed a new contract, but if we lies in the bottom 5 till christmas, surely Lambert will be under huge pressure?

• Like 1

Mantis what do you make of positive records like when we scored our highest goals in the Premier League? Are you quick to bring up how much you don't care about records in that scenario?

Negative records are mentioned by the media and it's up to the club to ensure they are never broken. We should be striving to beat the positive records.

For example I would like to think will never lose 8-0 again in this league.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

One thing that bothers me is that our football is just really haphazard and I don't know, formless? It's the one thing that really bothers me about Lambert's tenure here, as much as I support him. Under McLeish we were very defensive with almost no attacking intent, at least he had a definable style however bad it was. Under Houllier we tried to play passing football to unlock defences, again a distinguishable style even though it didn't work out with the players we had at the time. Under Lambert, we don't really have a style. When we have the ball we just kind of pass it around a bit, but don't know what to do with it. Or we try to hit it up to the striker and hope for the best. There's just no footballing philosophy (which is something that is overrated on here, but still), positive or negative. You could argue we're a counter-attacking team, but we've seem to have forgot how to do that too. It's a bit disconcerting that after 2 and a bit years, we still don't have an identity under Lambert which is my main gripe with him.

• Like 1

I guess this will get divided opinion but, would anyone prefer us to take a chance on Moyes right now, before some other Premier League club wields the axe and gets him in?

No way Moyes would pick us while Lerner remains the owner

One thing that bothers me is that our football is just really haphazard and I don't know, formless? It's the one thing that really bothers me about Lambert's tenure here, as much as I support him. Under McLeish we were very defensive with almost no attacking intent, at least he had a definable style however bad it was. Under Houllier we tried to play passing football to unlock defences, again a distinguishable style even though it didn't work out with the players we had at the time. Under Lambert, we don't really have a style. When we have the ball we just kind of pass it around a bit, but don't know what to do with it. Or we try to hit it up to the striker and hope for the best. There's just no footballing philosophy (which is something that is overrated on here, but still), positive or negative. You could argue we're a counter-attacking team, but we've seem to have forgot how to do that too. It's a bit disconcerting that after 2 and a bit years, we still don't have an identity under Lambert which is my main gripe with him.

Disagree. There's a very distinctive style we've had since Lambert's been at Villa, it's just that people don't like to admit what it is yet and resort to excuses like injuries, poor finances and an absent cheap owner. Now, some of them are legitimate indeed, but the footballing style has been quite consistent.

Â