Paul Lambert

limpid

Vlaar has missd one game. Okore hasn't featured enough to be considered a first teamer he, and the two forwards have been out for a considerable time, such that their absence is the norm at the moment rather than an injury crisis.

For all intents and purposes we've got a pretty much fully for squad with a borderline world class forward to come back.

Giving Lambert a new contract based on this start would be stupid. If things are still looking solid at Christmas then by all means sign him up. Let's just remember things can change quickly and not get carried away

A world class forward he signed for practically peanuts.

Do you think I'm one of the anti-Lambert brigade or something? Because I'm not.

I'm just saying giving him a new contract now would be a bit of an overreaction

Edited by P3te

Vlaar has missd one game. Okore hasn't featured enough to be considered a first teamer he, and the two forwards have been out for a considerable time, such that their absence is the norm at the moment rather than an injury crisis.

For all intents and purposes we've got a pretty much fully for squad with a borderline world class forward to come back.

Giving Lambert a new contract based on this start would be stupid. If things are still looking solid at Christmas then by all means sign him up. Let's just remember things can change quickly and not get carried away

A world class forward he signed for practically peanuts.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that but that seems a daft reason to give him a new deal.

We've started very well but it's 4 games. Still a way to go to turn round the abysmal last two years.

Hopefully we can continue this start though and we'll see what happens in terms of Lambert being here.

I was mad as **** in the bar watching us not even bother with possession in the 2nd half... means to an end though and Lambo got us the three points, great stuff.

Yes it was frustrating. Shows what a fine line it is for managers. They equalise and you question why we allowed so much possession but they don't and its a brilliant tactical performance.

Who'd be a manager?

• Like 1

New deal for Lambo 100%

he's taken us through the most difficult 2 seasons that any Villa manager has had to face. The tide is turning gradually.

I can't ever get my head round this beard craze though. It's bad enough people Bakers age growing them but not when you get to Lamberts & Keanes age.

Lambo-#OneOfUs

• Like 2

Still don't understand why people obsess over possession.

Ath Madrid won the league last year, despite having the 11th(?) best average possession stat.  In short; it doesn't mean shit.

Last time I looked I think actually it's goals that win games and not how much of the ball you have in possession. I don't care or give a s**t whether we have 1% or 90% possession - as along as we don't lose (a win preferably but who cares!)

What is the harm in giving him an extension? If new owners come in with cash to burn they can afford to pay him off and if we continue to criminally underspend he's better than any manager that would take the job.

This is a fair point well made IMO. 

This is definitely the best squad we've had since Lambert became manager.

I admit I would have liked us to have had more of the ball in the game today, sometimes attack is the best form of defence.

But we got the three points and away at Anfield sometimes you just have to dig in.

I hope Liverpool fans are eating their stupid scouse idiot words over Cissokho!

• Like 1

I don't think he deserves a new deal purely based on our start to this season but I think he deserves a new deal based on how he has kept us up the last 2 seasons and has now built a squad that will just get better in the coming years.  If he can grow a beard of Keanos standard then I'd offer him a 20 year contract asap.

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Â