Paul Lambert

limpid

I think he's got a tough decision to make sunday regarding team selection.

I said it before the season started, unfortunately it's not going to take much for those that are heading to villa park to lose patience with him this year.  If we set up like we did against newcastle and barely have a chance on goal I think some fans will turn even this early into the year.

He has not going to be sacked. If the club was pro-active at all, he would have been gone the day after the season ended, after the fans turned on him at Palace. No point in keeping him all summer and then sacking him in August. He has happy to work with a rubbish budget and very average players, and Lerner is happy to keep the club ticking over in the prem until somebody with more money than sense will take it off him.

• Like 1

Seen the highlights, albeit not that many. Poor finishing. But from a poor side so what can we expect? Can't polish a turd. Money is needed to buy a turd that CAN be polished. Simples. 

Press conference at 9am apparently?

I've been reading TBAR and they're getting worked up about it even though a journalist has told one of them it's just a normal pre game press conference.
I'm on both TBAR and here and I'd say they are getting nowhere near worked up, there are a few questions met with about a resounding it's just the weekly presser.

Don't they always have a press conference on a Thursday when there's a game on the weekend? Some people will get excited over anything.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't pay to watch that tonight. It's bad enough attending Premier League games to be honest with Lambert as the manager. Boring bloke, boring football, boring tactics.... everything about Villa is just boring.

That said, sacking him would be the dumbest thing we could do. Untill we get a takeover he's our best bet.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Seen the highlights, albeit not that many. Poor finishing. But from a poor side so what can we expect? Can't polish a turd. Money is needed to buy a turd that CAN be polished. Simples. 

Exactly how many players do we need before we are no longer a turd? 2? 3? 5? 11?!

You need to play the way you want to when you have "better" players - otherwise you are just treading water and have nothing to fall back on when injuries and suspensions come.

After 2 seasons of Lambert, this is my biggest disappointment. Sure, you get bad results from time to time - but I see no improvement in our approach. In fact, I think some of our players have regressed under him.

• Like 1

Press conference at 9am apparently?

I've been reading TBAR and they're getting worked up about it even though a journalist has told one of them it's just a normal pre game press conference.
I'm on both TBAR and here and I'd say they are getting nowhere near worked up, there are a few questions met with about a resounding it's just the weekly presser.

Maybe i've read it differently to how it was intended.  Just seemed strange that anyone would question it when a journalist has said it's just a pre game normal press conference.

Another wonderful result against lower league opposition. How many more years of this do we have to endure before people admit that Lambert has to go.

13 shots and (I think) a majority of the play. I'd suggest there is one problem, a lack of quality and no funds to change that. Gabby, Bent, Weimann are substandard, not good enough, not the answer.

How much did the Orient team cost? Are they better quality than the players we have?

After 2 seasons of Lambert, this is my biggest disappointment. Sure, you get bad results from time to time - but I see no improvement in our approach. In fact, I think some of our players have regressed under him.

Yup, this is his third season now with this group of players, he should be stamping a certain style on this team by now. But it seems if we can't play kick and rush counter attack style football there's no plan B. 

• Like 1

Don't they always have a press conference on a Thursday when there's a game on the weekend? Some people will get excited over anything.

I thought it is usually on Friday if the league game on Saturday? I mught be totally wrong about that though. Either way, I'm sure it is just a normal presser.

Edit: Oops...meant to write Sunday of course.

Edited by Isa

I think they're just questioning it because Press Conferences for Sunday games are normally on a Friday and they aren't usually as far as I'm aware at 9:30 AM in the morning. There has to be a reason for it, just probably not a very exciting one.

Suppose a good example is Mark Hughes at Stoke, he managed to turn their playing style around albeit having added a few additions but he stamped his philosophy on the team, something which Lambert sadly hasn't done.

Really wanted him to do well but as one of his staunchest supporters Ive lost hope. As someone said earlier he is nearing the end.

I don't want a British manager at Villa park anymore, want a continental manager who understands the passing game. There isn't enough of them in the UK

Sadly, you may be talking about both players and managers in this country. We never learn.

• Like 2

I've been so bloody angry with him after the cup defeats but I'm not sure how much of this one is his fault.

The midfield worked with Sanchez and Westwood. It worked well. They didn't have a sniff in there. We got the ball out to wings time after time but the final delivery was just atrocious. Is that Lambert's fault? And Bent was awful. Should be going home with 2 goals tonight. Even the defence wasn't that bad. Senderos had a good game.

Yeah, Bent should have converted at least one of those chances. No manager can legislate for that.

Â