Paul Lambert

limpid

He's not going and he's probably not going to get a new deal. No point losing your shit with him. Its another poor result at home and unacceptable.

Pretty much this. Only has 10 months left on his deal I think too.

New owners should probably have come in by then hopefully.

• Like 1

Another wonderful result against lower league opposition. How many more years of this do we have to endure before people admit that Lambert has to go.

Is it Lambert's fault that Baker and Bent missed easy chances?
Guess lamberts just unlucky we lost to bradford last year aswell isnt he?
 What are you talking about? I'm talking specifically about  tonight. Nobody is going to dispute that our record is appalling, it is, but tonight it was not his fault. It was the players who couldn't be arsed to step up and stake a claim for that first team spot.

Missed chances are part and parcel of the gsme ffs.

Did Orient have one chance on goal and take it? I doubt it.

There is one common factor in our derisory home record and its gone on long enough to dispel the unlucky rumours.

Nobody said we are unlucky. I just think its very simplistic to say that its all Lambert's fault and he should lose his job because players haven't stepped up to the mark. Of course it is his job to motivate them, even to coach them to be better and not miss chances but when it comes down to it we could and should have been out of sight before they scored and the fault has to lie at the feet of the players in this instance.

Lambert is the manager and now entering his 3rd season. If he can't manage to get his team to beat the likes of Bradford, Sheffield United, Millwall and Leyton Orient over his tenure then he is clearly not good enough. For those who claim he has had a lack of funds and been restricted by Lerner I suggest they take a look at the money splashed out by the four teams I have just mentioned.

We beat Man City and Liverpool, what are their budgets?

We failed to win 28 out of 38 league games last season! 

Another wonderful result against lower league opposition. How many more years of this do we have to endure before people admit that Lambert has to go.

What are you talking about? I'm talking specifically about tonight. Nobody is going to dispute that our record is appalling, it is, but tonight it was not his fault. It was the players who couldn't be arsed to step up and stake a claim for that first team spot.

There is one common factor in our derisory home record and its gone on long enough to dispel the unlucky rumours.

Nobody said we are unlucky. I just think its very simplistic to say that its all Lambert's fault and he should lose his job because players haven't stepped up to the mark. Of course it is his job to motivate them, even to coach them to be better and not miss chances but when it comes down to it we could and should have been out of sight before they scored and the fault has to lie at the feet of the players in this instance.

But no one thinks he should lose his job based on just this game.

A defeat against hull and its gunna start the cauldron of fire it will be unbearable fir him when them 5 september games are played

Yes. If we are bottom five christmas times, we ar ein big, big trouble

Defo i think its downhill from here just not upto lambert just cannot do it the buck stops with him he picks the team

Lambert is the manager and now entering his 3rd season. If he can't manage to get his team to beat the likes of Bradford, Sheffield United, Millwall and Leyton Orient over his tenure then he is clearly not good enough. For those who claim he has had a lack of funds and been restricted by Lerner I suggest they take a look at the money splashed out by the four teams I have just mentioned.

He has mentioned the budgets of four teams, we have beaten bigger spenders. FACT is our budget in this league is one of the lowest and has had to be spread thinly.

There are valid reasons why he's job is very difficult and there are good reasons why he hasn't done a good enough job.

We created enough chances to win that tonight. It's hardly Lambert's fault that our 2 best strikers are injured at the same time.And the other strikers at the club are garbage but the owner is forcing him to play them because he's lost interest and doesn't want to spend any money, but yeah lambert out.

Again, no one is annoyed or upset based on one game.

• Like 2

He's not going and he's probably not going to get a new deal. No point losing your shit with him. Its another poor result at home and unacceptable.

That's how I see it really, but it shouldn't be the case, he should have gone a long time ago. But he's in a pretty unique position really - his chairman has lost interest and is trying to sell the club, and the new CEO is finding his feet and probably doesn't have any power in that department, and with a remit to probably just keep the club ticking over til we are sold one way or another.

Basically "we go again" until the end of the season (hope they are happy with 25k attendances though).

I have a funny feeling Roy Keane will replace him though when the pressure gets too intense, which will probably happen around October time given the run of fixtures we have coming up.

There are valid reasons why he's job is very difficult and there are good reasons why he hasn't done a good enough job.

Results like this are unacceptable, but the budgets given are equally so. We will not move on/get quality/act like a football club, till the owner goes.

• Like 1

What are you talking about? I'm talking specifically about tonight. Nobody is going to dispute that our record is appalling, it is, but tonight it was not his fault. It was the players who couldn't be arsed to step up and stake a claim for that first team spot.

But no one thinks he should lose his job based on just this game.

Judging by the overreactions of some I'm not so sure. 

Either way, I'm not saying Lambert is amazing and he doesn't have to take a large portion of the blame but to lose his job under the current circumstances in my opinion isn't justified.

I have a funny feeling Roy Keane will replace him though when the pressure gets too intense, which will probably happen around October time given the run of fixtures we have coming up.

I don't see it. I think he will keep his job until the end.

I think when he leaves at the end of his deal, Roy Keane will be contender and if Lerner is still here I can see that happening.

The club is in a delicate situation no matter what to be honest, until it's sold it's just a mess.

I wonder if Lambert would of liked to have Benteke or Kozak available tonight?  Is it all his fault that he is stuck having to rely on Bent, Weimann and Gabby as his strike options?. I'd wager that he would most likely prefer the players that he picked himself and spent decent money on.

He has done a great job over the Summer to strengthen our squad and one game doesn't change that.  

• Like 2

He has mentioned the budgets of four teams, we have beaten bigger spenders. FACT is our budget in this league is one of the lowest and has had to be spread thinly.

I mentioned the budgets of those four teams from lower divisions because some defend lambert because he hasn't had much money to spend. Neither have the managers of those four teams but we still get beat by them.

We created enough chances to win that tonight. It's hardly Lambert's fault that our 2 best strikers are injured at the same time.And the other strikers at the club are garbage but the owner is forcing him to play them because he's lost interest and doesn't want to spend any money, but yeah lambert out.

we had 1 shot on target didn't we? 

against LEYTON ORIENT. Thats shockingly bad, it's embarassing, more than enough to call for his head

Disappointing but we will recover.

Recover to what? Finishing 15th - 17th in the prem and getting embarrassed in the FA cup too?

I think we should see how the Hull game goes before getting acrimonious with Lambert.

Â