Paul Lambert

limpid

I can't see how this season can be anything but a disaster for Lambert. A lot of fans have already turned and with an absent owner Lambert is the face of Aston villa. The team isn't good enough to perform well next year so unfortunately I can't picture anything other than Lambert getting a lot of stick from day 1. And while I don't think he will want to walk away from a payout how much will he be willing to take?

I stick with my prediction that he will be gone by christmas

The fixtures have all but sealed his fate unless we get 6 - 7 points from our opening 3 games a must really considering the games we have coming up for the 2 months after

I can't see how this season can be anything but a disaster for Lambert. A lot of fans have already turned and with an absent owner Lambert is the face of Aston villa. The team isn't good enough to perform well next year so unfortunately I can't picture anything other than Lambert getting a lot of stick from day 1. And while I don't think he will want to walk away from a payout how much will he be willing to take?

The fixtures have all but sealed his fate unless we get 6 - 7 points from our opening 3 games a must really considering the games we have coming up for the 2 months after

Who would come manage a club with no money to spend and a owner that wants to sell? Why risk coming then 2 months down the line be out of work again with new owners? We will be stuck with Lambert for the whole season if there is no take over.

Who would come manage a club with no money to spend and a owner that wants to sell? Why risk coming then 2 months down the line be out of work again with new owners? We will be stuck with Lambert for the whole season if there is no take over.

Ian Dowie.

If we get off to a good start Lambert will be fine fans just want a successful team so a couple of wins and some good performances and this season will be forgotten but it'll need to be sustained or fans will turn very quickly. He'll either be gone by November or here for a few years yet.

A nice pay off. loads of managers I would imagine.

A nice pay off. loads of managers I would imagine.

Yes - this is one problem with clubs who sack their managers too often - you start to get a reputation as a place a guy can get 3 years salary for 6 months work. 

To get the payoff though they would have to perform bad enough to get fierd. Which damages their reputation and future prospects of getting a better/well paid job. No one wins in a early dismissal, and i strongly doubt any manager just comes with the mindset of failing for a couple of extra quids.

Lerner is not going to sanction another big contract anyway, he wants rid of the club so dishing out a 3 year contract would be pointless. We are stuck with Lambert untill he walks Lerner wont sack him cause he will have to pay him off. Then what will happen is who ever is number 2 will be offered the job on a short term contact.

Lerner will not sack Lambert, not now and not in 6 months time regardless of results. Lerner is trying to sell the club, he won't want to pay out contracts and sign a new manager, there is no reason to as he won't be here to see the results of a new manager anyway.  

A new owner may want a new manager or they may keep Lambert on for a period and see how results go but whilst Lerner is here Lambert is going no where. 

Despite some terrible seasons... I would be happy to give Paul another 6 months (till Christmas) to see if he can turn it around. Even with new management. I am just sick of the rebuilding phase. Our squad isn't as bad as some may think. If everyone is fit and he can use everyone in the squad.. its not too bad. Still need a few signings and we could finish midtable again.

• Like 2

Everyone won't be fit though, injuries are part and parcel of football, other clubs do actually get them aswell.

And despite actually being reasonably solid for 75% of last season we still conceded over 60 league goals so with Benteke's injury it's going to be an uphill struggle to win games.

Lambert will steady the ship until the ownership question is resolved. What remains after that remains to be seen.

Oh yeah like the last 2 seasons he will be steadily steering the ship towards the rocks!!!

The bloke knows he is dead in the water and is waiting for the pay off as this will be his first and last 'big' management job and he will disappear back to the porridge leagues which is his level. Just like his twin, McLeish!

Despite some terrible seasons... I would be happy to give Paul another 6 months (till Christmas) to see if he can turn it around. Even with new management. I am just sick of the rebuilding phase. Our squad isn't as bad as some may think. If everyone is fit and he can use everyone in the squad.. its not too bad. Still need a few signings and we could finish midtable again.

Finish midtable again! When did that happen then?

Finish midtable again! When did that happen then?

Not under Lambert but as a club. He has quite a few restrictions that we even know about.. imagine some that we don't know about. Probably cant use the water sprinklers on the training field.

Â