Paul Lambert

limpid

he trying to save his job by flying out.

The bottom line is the club will not sack him or do anything, because Lerner has given up.

Lambert wants a new deal he was promised back in season, that why he willing to fly out.

I really don't see what there is to talk about on Lambert with the takeover announced today.

Completely secondary issue which is completely relying on the primary issue.

"Alright Paul, listen you're probably going to be sacked when somebody buys the club but until then you can sign some frees and loans"

- Hey Paul Lambert, now that you saved Aston Villa from relegation. What are you going to do to cash in on your new found fame?

- Im going to Disneyland!

He's probably going to meet the new owners in USA as what else he'd be talking with Lerner other than "Paul, you're not getting any money to spend while the sale is going on".

This. I think Lambert going to the States can only be to confirm his position with the club. Maybe even to meet the new owners and see what's going on. Regardless of what happens with the club PL will want clarity on his position sooner rather than later. No point him steering this rudderless ship, only to be booted in July.

Lambert will not go on his on terms. He trying to talk out lerner out of a deal you heard it first.

So hang on. Lambert, who has already stated that the club needs investment, is going to try to scupper a takeover to save his own arse? Think I will file this in the WTF? folder in my brain.

My thoughts on the visit are that to see how much (if any) scope Lambert has this summer - should the takeover not be in sight by August. Can he buy players, Can he take on loans, Can he award new contracts....

Â