Paul Lambert

limpid

Just get out of our club the sooner the bloody better. One of if not the worst villa managers i have seen in over40 years watching the club. Clueless tactically clueless motivational wise clueless all round.

• Like 2

The team rarely shows up for him. Not sure why.

Because he bought a shit team and then played them in a shit system.

I'm more in the camp of 'He is a dreadful manager who would probably have the current Man City side struggling against relegation'

Lambert's records:

Biggest ever defeat

Most home defeats in a season x 2 (actually broke his old record this season)

First manager to lose a league cup semi final to a bottom division team

Lowest number of points in a premier league season

On top of playing shite football and regularly getting pumped off shite teams, awful signings (some who are so bad that we can't even play them during an injury crisis), having his 2 closest members of staff suspended for misconduct, regular runs of consecutive defeats, being knocked out of multiple cups by lower league teams, etc.

His biggest 'achievement' is not getting relegated and he has made 2 good signings. 'Cutting the wage bill' is hardly an achievement as it's not like we had to sell any players who were actually any good.

And some people still think he should be 'given time'?

Edited by botak
  • Like 2

See ya Paul. 

Not a bad bloke by any stretch of the imagination and he may luck out and play the under-resourced card to his next employer and thus get a decent enough job.

The fact is he hasn't done anything here to distinguish himself as a manager with any sort of real talent. It's a shame because some of us had high hopes for him, but he has proven that his tactics are awful, built behind the sort of kick and rush football that gets you no where in the long run. On top of that he clearly can't motivate players to run through brick walls for him, a talent that MON had (despite his dodgy tactics). 

Time to go. 

• Like 2

I remained a fan prepared to give him time until a couple of weeks ago.

Todays perfromance is an utter embassassment. Shameful. Utterly utterly pathetic.

And we are playing one up front to chase 3-o to cap it off.

Why have Grealish on the bench and leave him there when the match is utterly non existent as an event.

Since early Decemvber he has clearly lost not only the players but faith in his own ability to maintain, let alone improve, the side.

The Lambert project was worthy in intent, but is an utter, utter failure.

P.S. - terrific fans again.

• Like 4

On the other hand what a fantastic acheivement in the last few days we have kept Liverpool from winning the League and United from getting into Europe...........for that I will be thankful !

• Like 1

Â