Paul Lambert

limpid

Personally I thought Lambert had actually done a decent job this season but I just can't understand this collapse since the Chelsea win. We've had bad periods like this earlier in the season but never this bad and while the loss of Benteke was a blow I fail to believe he's the difference between mid-table and relegation form. I mean, we did ok with him out before Christmas (with Kozak admittedly).

Agree with this to a point, that until the latest collapse I thought he had done ok this season and was looking forward to is pushing on next. We were what, 10th place, closer to Newcastle than we were relegation.

But we were in fact rubbish throughout Benteke's initial injury, when he was playing with it as well as particularly when he wasn't. His goals and his all round ability papered over the cracks and we were unable to adjust to life without him at his best, or there at all. We became a one man team and for me, a large part of that fault lies with the manager.

Retrospectively I don't think he has spent his money wisely either. Does anybody really think we'd be any better now with Kozak in the side? We were crying our for help in midfield, it never came.

We're in a sorry state. Time to turn over another page.

Honestly, I do. Massively underrated player. He's no Benteke but he's probably been our second best striker this season (not saying much I know).

humblepie-e1288647520854.png

To the 2500 Villa fans at Palace & all those who wanted Lambert out & failed to back him in his hour of need or to recognise his fabulous managerial qualities, credentials & latent  potential despite injuries to key personnel scuppering his & our development I've baked a cake for you.

So. Feel free to help your selves  & as you can see I have already taken a slice of it too as being humble tastes great.

• Like 3

To the 2500 Villa fans at Palace & all those who wanted Lambert out & failed to back him in his hour of need or to recognise his fabulous managerial qualities, credentials & latent  potential despite injuries to key personnel scuppering his & our development I've baked a cake for you.

So. Feel free to help your selves  & as you can see I have already taken a slice of it too as being humble tastes great.

Lambert has had far more backing from the fans than most managers would have given the shit pie he has served up at  2 seasons at Villa. Yes there are factors outside his control but our appalling home record and a second season of relegation struggles what do you expect? Staying up at Villa is not a achievement, it is the total bare minimum and I cannot see any progress at all this season from last, even with most fans until the last 5 games trying to believe in his 'fabulous managerial qualities'

If we are to be taken over, i'd like to think that whoever comes in will not make the same fatal mistake their predecessor did in handing out war chests to someone not qualified to spend them or regulate the resultant assets (if you could call some of them that).

This means a no to Lambert for me, assuming a half-decent takeover happens.

If it doesn't happen then **** knows honestly, another 20m funded Lambert summer will probably scrape us through another season, just.

To the 2500 Villa fans at Palace & all those who wanted Lambert out & failed to back him...

If you stuck to your idiosyncratic support of Lambert then it would be fine but your ceaseless digs at other Villa fans who fail to measure up to your standards are beyond the pale.
  • Like 3

If we are to be taken over, i'd like to think that whoever comes in will not make the same fatal mistake their predecessor did in handing out war chests to someone not qualified to spend them or regulate the resultant assets (if you could call some of them that).

This means a no to Lambert for me, assuming a half-decent takeover happens.

If it doesn't happen then **** knows honestly, another 20m funded Lambert summer will probably scrape us through another season, just.

Unlike O'Neill and McLeish Lambert's high-priced purchases have actually been decent though.

To the 2500 Villa fans at Palace & all those who wanted Lambert out & failed to back him...

If you stuck to your idiosyncratic support of Lambert then it would be fine but your ceaseless digs at other Villa fans who fail to measure up to your standards are beyond the pale.

No. It is fully justified because fans love to have a dig at Lambert even when he is being positive but they can't accept anyone having a dig at them when they are being negative.

Also, the fans react emotionally, which is fine, because they, like you & me only want success for our heroes. My point remains however that those fans were/ are wrong.

To their credit some have actually come on VT & held their hands up.

There is nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong.

Also. NB   I am wrong a lot of the time too & have no problem admitting it.

I firmly believe I am right on this occasion though.

• Like 1

I think that no matter what the little green fella with the big ears says, there is a "try" not just a "do" - I think that Lambert during his time here can be seen to have tried - he's tried different personnel, different formations, different styles of play, we've been dour, we've been cavalier, we've been naive, we've been baffling, but he's never settled for safe - in his signings too, he's been bold, he's taken chances, he plucked the unknown, even when he's spent money, it's never been on the predictable - he's not tried to make us a team that can finish twelfth or thirteenth - he's tried to make us a team that can do more than that - try and do; different things. He's a risk taker as a manager, even when he must know it'll bring him criticism - he's gone with five at the back today for example - and at times during his career, it'll click and he'll have great periods - it's not quite worked out for him here, but like the poster on the last page, I'll wish him well when he goes, because I think he's tried to do something with what he had.

Or that might mean that he just has no idea what to do.

I get your support of Lambert and I have no problem with that, but you are becoming a bit of a pain with your attitude to other supporters who do not agree with you.

• Like 2

I did want Lambert out. i have mixed feelings. Our form has more to do with the bad atmosphere at training. Against Hull they were impressive. Lambert has signed some very good players with the money he has had to build a squad whilst having restrictions placed on him. I hate seeing change of manager so often. Depending in what happens with the takeover i may want him to get another go unless the new owner wants Klopp or someone of that calibre. If the new owner wants Pulis etc then I'd rather just give Lambert a third year. If Randy stays then better if he stays as Randy will choose an even worse manager.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

No. It is fully justified...

So you believe.

It's fully justified to argue your point about the side, the manager, the board, the players and so on and how much you desire people to support them in your own particular way; it isn't fully justified to say some of the stuff you have to and about other fans solely because they aren't the same as you.

If you are wrong or right then that's something for your gravestone but it isn't for me to instruct you to support another club or to tell you to buy a season ticket to the dingles or for you to do the same.

Definitely has to go.

That's 2 straight seasons now we haven't been safe until after our 36th game of the season and that's not good enough. I like the man, but he's not the bloke to take this club forward. 10 wins in 38 last season and 10 wins in 36 so far this season isn't acceptable and never will be. 

Some right wind ups in this thread.

What will be, will be and I suspect that the bitching will continue unabated whatever the outcome. I hated the season but enjoyed today. From my personal perspective I am happy we survived to fight another day and anything I say (or others on here) will make not difference to who manages or owns AVFC next season.

A number people need to take a holiday and chill out. Point scoring on forums is so boring and pointless.

335707206_700.gif

Praise be to this post, for it is sensible.

• Like 1

I still think we should have other buttons besides "like". We should have "dislike". "Obvious windup best ignored". And most importantly "offensively stupid". Just to be fair, for this post only, you can click "like" it will mean "offensively stupid"

Â