Paul Lambert

limpid

Like I said in the match thread the lineup and formation was awful. We won and that's all that matters, but that lineup wouldn't have done so again in another 5 attempts against hull.

Bowery thinking he was benteke pulled that out of the bag.

The win as all that matters, but that was not a clever formation to play in the circumstances

Please elaborate, I could do with a laugh.

He got today spot on and he deserves credit for that, but I think this requires looking at another "bigger picture" - that of his record across this season and last. 10 wins in 37 home games is just not good enough. He deserves the sack.

Was apprehensive about having him as our manager in the first place, wanted him gone during the christmas period last season and still wan't him gone.

Firmly in the Lambert out camp

Like I said in the match thread the lineup and formation was awful. We won and that's all that matters, but that lineup wouldn't have done so again in another 5 attempts against hull.

The win as all that matters, but that was not a clever formation to play in the circumstances

Elaborate? We started with 5 defenders against a team looking forward to a cup final, in a game where a draw was worth barely more than a draw.

When we've played that formation before in recent times it didn't work. The odds on it working today, with all that was riding on the game, were slim.

It worked out because Bowery had a belter and looks like he's got a real understanding with wrimann, but it was incredibly, incredibly bad judgment from the manager to put that lineup out.

I've backed Lambert all the way, and will continue to back him while he's the manager, but he's made some absolutely dreadful tactical decisions in the last few months. Today was another example, but this time it worked out thankfully

Edited by P3te

He deserves the sack.

Any other club in the league and he would have been sacked earlier.

Well yes, absolutely. He's only been kept on because our owner is utterly weak and incompetent.

Can't wait for these circus clowns to be out of our club.

Am I the only one that's on the fence about him still? I mean, I wouldn't be that bothered if we got new owners and he left (provided someone decent came in) but at the same time I probably wouldn't mind him staying either.

I'm thinking the same but I actually thought that he would be gone after last week's result.

Do managers usually join in the end of season lap? He wasn't in it today.

He deserves the sack.

Any other club in the league and he would have been sacked earlier.

Well yes, absolutely. He's only been kept on because our owner is utterly weak and incompetent.

Can't wait for these circus clowns to be out of our club.

Not long now. They'll both be gone before we start next season.

Still wouldn't bother me if he stays or goes. Needs decent money if he stays though

There is no evidence that he can be trusted to spend money, and if we were to get owners with any ambition then I believe he has not shown in either tactics or signings that he could match that.

The only way he's staying is if Lerner stays and no money is available for players.

Edited by dukes

Elaborate? We started with 5 defenders against a team looking forward to a cup final, in a game where a draw was worth barely more than a draw.

When we've played that formation before in recent times it didn't work. The odds on it working today, with all that was riding on the game, were slim.

It worked out because Bowery had a belter and looks like he's got a real understanding with wrimann, but it was incredibly, incredibly bad judgment from the manager to put that lineup out.

I've backed Lambert all the way, and will continue to back him while he's the manager, but he's made some absolutely dreadful tactical decisions in the last few months. Today was another example, but this time it worked out thankfully

How so? We came flying out of the blocks and scored very early (before the Andi & Bowery link-up). We handled (almost) everything Hull threw at us and kept up high pressure with good width until the game was secured.

You can't argue based on things that didn't happen as that is ridiculously hypothetical, besides Gabby looked well up for it today before his injury and would've probably gotten a hattrick!

You cannot say when it goes wrong it's because of Lambert but when it goes our way it is in spite of him. That is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

Haha people think he's staying. Chin up lads.

Well those that want him gone are now saying hopefully instead of definitely.

By the way those that said people were blaming the fans, they weren't blaming the fans they just wanted the fans to so what they did today and create an atmosphere before and during a game.

Â