Paul Lambert

limpid

Point taken, but I think he does know, but the players don't, or if they do, can't do it regularly. Agree on the consistency.

If the players Lambert brought could play at their best consistently they would not be here because we wouldn't have been able to afford their fees or wages.

Lambert hasn't done a great job, and has made plenty of mistakes, but rebuilding the whole squad, on an average £2million per player, while keeping us in the Prem has not been an easy task.

Agree with the second line, but the first, not really, but I take your point. Again it's hard, but when he bought them, if they'd turned out to be capable of it, then they'd still be on the same wages, and we'd have bought them. He couldn't know, of course, and it wouldn't be likely that they all would work out like that, but fewer than we'd like have.

He's bought too many young 'uns, perhaps because that's al lhe could get, but the lack of experience ot cajole and marshall them has been telling, IMO.

What I meant Blandy was that if they were capable of playing at their best consistently in the top flight then they'd have already been flagged as an exciting prospect, as Delph was, and the fees and wages would be in keeping with that.

Even when you've got a prospect like Delph it takes time for them to settle and adapt. There were plenty who had written Delph off, even before his injury problems, which of course disrupted his progress.

Consistency is the hardest thing to achieve, well being consistently certainly good is.

• Like 2

I think we will taken over this summer if not relegated. I still think Lambert will be our manager even if taken over. My logic being is that Lerner is selling to one of his billionaire friends and maybe they are a whole group. Lerner: - I think you should give this guy Paul Lambert the chance and see what he can do, he has done exactly what I asked from him.

Some of the names mentioned in other threads I would argue won't be much better than Lambert. We have seen Moyes potential now but we haven't seen Lamberts have we? I don't care what happens to Lambert after this season and this is just what I think will happen and if you have a positive view about that it won't be horrible with Lambert staying.

• Like 1

Lambert's position is untenable. He doesn't even look like he is interested when on the touch line.

Completely disagree. Everything he's ever said or done has not pointed to anything other than being happy here and wanting to push us forward.

The only thing that hasn't happened is the results, sadly.

• Like 4

Like I said, the manager has made mistake. Unfortunately the board didn't make his job easy at all. The other thing worth nothing is the board took a chance on Lambert because he agreed he would do things on the cheap, they wouldn't want an experienced manager who could blab to the press. For what its worth I think Lambert would have done well post-MON, but perhaps building a team from scratch in a short time, with limited money was beyond him.

A new owner will want a high profile manager. Even if Lambert has not had the funds to push on, its a big risk to invest 200 million plus transfer funds on him. I would want to sign a proven manager straight away to look after my investment. Lambert has shown nothing to prove he will turn this club around with more money.

A new owner will want a high profile manager. Even if Lambert has not had the funds to push on, its a big risk to invest 200 million plus transfer funds on him. I would want to sign a proven manager straight away to look after my investment. Lambert has shown nothing to prove he will turn this club around with more money.

If Lerner stays Lambert is a goner anyway, he isn't stupid. This season has been utterly unacceptable and he and Faulkner will know that. Like they did Mcleish.

People wanting Lambert out, how high up the table do you think we'd be with SAF, José or Guardiola in charge?

People wanting Lambert out, how high up the table do you think we'd be with SAF, José or Guardiola in charge?

Definitely higher! We may not do it with high quality football, but through graft and motivation. Look at the difference in Man U under Moyes. This team has beat the likes of Chelsea remember, so the footballs in there somewhere!!!

The idea that a team finishes exactly where their budget dictates regardless of who manages them, is an utterly moronic one.

I've only just dipped into the thread so out of interest, has anyone actually put that idea forward? That a team finishes exactly where their budget dictates, I rather suspect they haven't. 

The idea that a team finishes exactly where their budget dictates regardless of who manages them, is an utterly moronic one.

Moronic but backed up with stats

Â