Paul Lambert

limpid

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

Nope. To attract big name players we need a big name in charge. 

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

He doesn't deserve the backing

Always add "imo" to the end of your posts because you don't speak for everyone here, certainly not me.

I think he should be given till xmas, at least. Imo.

• Like 2

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

I don't think so. We need someone who wants to play football and coach players to improve. I quite like Lambert as a man, and I think he's been dealt a hard hand, and because of this his sort comings have been exposed.

He was operating under difficult circumstances and injuries to key players have just compounded that. I'm not happy with performances or results but there are signs there of a decent manager IMO. Give him another season, then if it's still dire he goes with no complaints.

He was operating under difficult circumstances and injuries to key players have just compounded that. I'm not happy with performances or results but there are signs there of a decent manager IMO. Give him another season, then if it's still dire he goes with no complaints.

It doesn't matter what excuses there are no new owners will keep him on.

He's done.

Hopefully the new owners will go for a serious push up the tables, and in doing so they would hopefully look for a big name to take them there, someone who can attract players and show a bit of intent. Which i dont think lambert does

He was operating under difficult circumstances and injuries to key players have just compounded that. I'm not happy with performances or results but there are signs there of a decent manager IMO. Give him another season, then if it's still dire he goes with no complaints.

It doesn't matter what excuses there are no new owners will keep him on.

He's done.

Hopefully. Send him back to Norwich

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

Nope. To attract big name players we need a big name in charge.

No big name players will come to villa anyway.

To build organically would be better in my opinion. We should be aiming to purchase hot prospects who want to make a name for themselves. Or the best players from teams who are midtable or in the europa league. When we start threatening the established, that's when we should start paying for the falcaos, the koke's etc.

Imo of course :-)

• Like 2

So Mcleish was able to bring in 3 players on approx 140,000 per week wages in 1 transfer window but people are claiming that he was held back by finances similar to Lambert??   Mcleish took over a squad full of experienced players and was given transfer funds to sign 3 more experienced players(none have worked out) and he played crap football every week!  Lambert has been restricted into signing young unproven players on max 20,000 per week while been told to get the high earners out of the club.  Their is no comparison between the two managers, Lambert has been restricted through his tenure as Villa manager and it's obviously affected him as a manager while Mcleish had every chance to make us better but was just a shit manager.   

Seriously comparing them two is like night and day!  So many people just don't want to accept the bigger picture here or are just can't see it.

The bigger picture again.

How long do you suppose we wait to see an improvement. 1, 2, 3 seasons more and at what point will you say enough is enough?

IMO he should be given the chance to redeem himself. If that's not be the case then so be it.

He has shown nothing to be given that chance though, IMO of course ;)

The statement from Lerner is Lambert's get out of jail free card. It's Randy saying "Lambert has done more or less what I asked him to do."

Whether this means that Lambert is retained by the new owners, who knows. But it probably means that Lambert is basically the only manager in a quarter century to leave Villa as something other than damaged goods.

It does raise the question, though, of how much Lambert knew about this and whether his whole plan was to keep Villa up while getting sacked and a payoff when the takeover happened.

IMO he should be given the chance to redeem himself. If that's not be the case then so be it.

Why should he? What's special about Paul Lambert that after 2 awful years he deserves more time?

He's bought relatively well in the transfer market with a limited budget. I'd like to see what he could do with a considerably larger balance. I think we might start seeing the players he wants and his knowledge of other leagues starting to shine through. Eg. picking up players like Kiyotake with ease.

Why should he? What's special about Paul Lambert that after 2 awful years he deserves more time?

It still baffles me why some folk seem to think he will come good. The man is woeful and can't even manage his own faithful back room staff so what chance has he got with players?

• Like 1

What ever your opinion of Paul Lambert is, there is one absolute fact that cannot be ignored. He is an intrinsic part of the Lerner/Faulkner/Lambert trinity that has brought Aston Villa to it's knees. Who ever takes over the club will need a totally clean slate to get the majority of Villa fans back on board. They will definitely need a new manager who is untainted by the past couple of seasons, in order to bring in the right players to take us forward.

• Like 4

He's bought relatively well in the transfer market with a limited budget. I'd like to see what he could do with a considerably larger balance. I think we might start seeing the players he wants and his knowledge of other leagues starting to shine through. Eg. picking up players like Kiyotake with ease.

Yeh, maybe we now get to see 15-16 1-2 million valued players rather than only 4-5

Â