Paul Lambert

limpid

Look at this way

It will cost Lerner less money to back Lambert in the summer and give him money, compared to sacking him. paying him off and the staff, then having to give the new man alot more money to overhaul ther squad his way

• Like 3

None of knows who the next manager would be, or how he would fare.  What IS clear to see though, are the results and style of play under Lambert.  And in my opinion they're both terrible with no improvement.  His football is style is old style, meat and two veg basic, and I don't want him at our club.  Even if he's given more money next season, he won't be able to coach the squad into a top half side, he just isn't good enough.

Lambert will be staying unless Lerner sells (and that is unlikely to be happening soon). I think is for the best to get behind the team rather than feeling miserable and bitter. 

I think if Randy thought he was going to be here for lengthy period of time then he would consider sacking Lambert. As it happens I think Randy is expecting that he might be able to sell us soon and so it would be pretty pointless for him to give the manager's position to anybody else.

• Like 1

None of knows who the next manager would be, or how he would fare.  What IS clear to see though, are the results and style of play under Lambert.  And in my opinion they're both terrible with no improvement.  His football is style is old style, meat and two veg basic, and I don't want him at our club.  Even if he's given more money next season, he won't be able to coach the squad into a top half side, he just isn't good enough.

Lambert will be staying unless Lerner sells (and that is unlikely to be happening soon). I think is for the best to get behind the team rather than feeling miserable and bitter. 

I think if Randy thought he was going to be here for lengthy period of time then he would consider sacking Lambert. As it happens I think Randy is expecting that he might be able to sell us soon and so it would be pretty pointless for him to give the manager's position to anybody else.

I think you may be absolutely right. RL wants to sell, and he has no further interest in more investment in Villa. Why sack a manager when you can pass the problem and the expense on to the next owner? If he can't sell the club he will continue to budget as little as possible in order to hopefully keep his investment intact. Relegation next season looks to be a fairly reasonable bet.

I notice the Lambertites only arguments are about what other managers cannot possibly deliver !

Where are the arguments to highlight what Lambert has actually delivered for us ??

All I can see is a catalogue of failure and embarrassment ! I say this through a heavy heart but I think Mcleish would have done better if we'd given him 2 more years. I'm no fan of "big eck" but lambert and his cronies really have been awful

• Like 2

Look at this way

It will cost Lerner less money to back Lambert in the summer and give him money, compared to sacking him. paying him off and the staff, then having to give the new man alot more money to overhaul ther squad his way

It will cost even less to give him a measly budget and not watch as we struggle to survive again next season, looking forward to some more embarrassing defeats to the likes of sheffield utd, fulham and palace next season.

Isn't it a bit hopeful thinking that Faulkner's going to turn up some tactical mastermind with the ability to get this parade of rubbish into the top half of the table? It's not like our recent track record fills you with confidence.

Again, that is not an argument for keeping Lambert.

No, you're right, not really. It was more intended as a reality check for those who seem to think the club hierarchy are going to accidentally stumble over the next Alex Ferguson when their last three appointments were Houllier, McLeish and Lambert. Face it, whoever comes in next will be in exactly the same league. We're not attracting big talent with the constraints we're operating under. That's not to say he can't be sacked - even if nothing changes, it would at least freshen up the conversation round here!

I think a couple of the appointments are being deemed poor in retrospect though. I personally liked Houllier and believed in what he tried to work towards but even for those who deem him a failure, were there any better options available at all at the time? Remember that O'Neill walked just six days before the season started. Not an ideal time to start approaching other managers and he options to choose from were particularly slim at that moment in time anyhow.

Although he was never my choice and I was never particularly inspired by the appointment, Lambert was still the correct profile of manager to succeed McLeish and was worthy of being given a shot here due to the terrific job he did at Norwich. I've never had a problem with the decision to appoint him, rather the decision to stick with him when it has become abundantly clear that he actually isn't very good.

So that leaves McLeish as the only real black-mark in this regard and I doubt the board would make such an unpopular appointment again no matter how inept they may be at times.

• Like 1

I notice the Lambertites only arguments are about what other managers cannot possibly deliver !

Where are the arguments to highlight what Lambert has actually delivered for us ??

All I can see is a catalogue of failure and embarrassment ! I say this through a heavy heart but I think Mcleish would have done better if we'd given him 2 more years. I'm no fan of "big eck" but lambert and his cronies really have been awful

funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

• Like 3

Martinez turned Everton around even after Moyes who was supposedly a quality manager. A change of manager will change Formation, tactics, motivation and will coach completely different. Something our club is crying out for!!

Edited by foreveryoung

Di matteo has turned Everton around even after Moyes who was supposedly a quality manager. A change of manager will change Formation, tactics, motivation and will coach completely different. Something our club is crying out for!!

Martinez i think you mean ;)

Lambertites? Really?

So if you don't want him sacked you're put in some stupid category?

Seriously done here now, pathetic.

Don't let It bother you chap, it only indicates they have a weak argument to make. When we beat Palace next Saturday these people will be quietened. Up the Villa.  :)

Lambertites? Really?

Don't let It bother you chap, it only indicates they have a weak argument to make. When we beat Palace next Saturday these people will be quietened. Up the Villa. :)

If we beat palace it will do nothing to change my opinion of the man like I suspect losing will do nothing to yours.

• Like 2

Di matteo has turned Everton around even after Moyes who was supposedly a quality manager. A change of manager will change Formation, tactics, motivation and will coach completely different. Something our club is crying out for!!

article-2190565-149CBCE8000005DC-757_634

VT's own Spot the Difference.

The tragedy here is his point is right, which should be the most important thing , but hey, he must find that comical himself, must have been rushing out the door.

Lambertites? Really?

Don't let It bother you chap, it only indicates they have a weak argument to make. When we beat Palace next Saturday these people will be quietened. Up the Villa. :)

If we beat palace it will do nothing to change my opinion of the man like I suspect losing will do nothing to yours.

Its not even about Paul Lambert the man, it's about Aston Villa Football Club getting three points and moving up the table. Such petty bitterness.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Lambertites? Really?

Its not even about Paul Lambert the man, it's about Aston Villa Football Club getting three points and moving up the table. Such petty bitterness.

You make it sound like fans will be bitter if the team win. You said a win against palace and these people will be quiet, it won't, a win against palace won't change the opinion of those of us who have lost faith. Why is that petty?

• Like 1

Lambertites? Really?

Only the manager's supporters are allowed to be resolved in their position though. If we don't fickly change ours after one victory then we are just 'negative for the sake of it' and 'not supporting our club'.

• Like 1

Â