Paul Lambert

limpid

Surely he can't still be defended. What can possibly be defended about these past 2 seasons?

Who Lerner and Faulkner pick next ?

Keys in a bowl.

Malky Mckay

Billy Davies

....thats the sort of bloke that will come in next...

• Like 1

I have had a ST for 10 year, but I just cant renew if Lambert is still here. Tactically poor, what little money we have he has pissed up the wall and spent on poor players who have done a job that our youth players could have done.

We are very lucky we have had good results against the top teams, without that we would be deep in the shit. In fact how there are a handful of teams worse than us I do not know. Id like to see a league table not including top 6, we would surely be bottom.

We just got beat at home to a team who are bottom of the league, they also beat us earlier in the season with ease when they hadn't won in about 9 games.

This is his team and his tactics and they are not good enough.

Good post mate my thoughts entirely. We have had season tickets for the last 10 years too and I just sit and wonder sometimes how much of a mug Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert must think I am.

Lamberts tactics in games is a bit like sitting a monkey in front of a typewriter. Eventually something will work out OK.

• Like 2

Surely he can't still be defended. What can possibly be defended about these past 2 seasons?

Who Lerner and Faulkner pick next ?
Keys in a bowl.

Malky Mckay

Billy Davies

....thats the sort of bloke that will come in next...

A yes man.

And if you want him gone then I recommend you do the same, because his position at the club will not be changing any time soon

There were people posting in the match thread getting excited when Fulham scored, they were actually happy that a goal had gone in against us. It's pathetic

So only comment on here if you are in agreement with the decisions made by the club? Like I say, you don't seem to be acquainted with the purpose of a forum like this. 

Pretty obvious you're taking what I'm saying out of context. If people genuinely want him out, then they need to round up and do something about it because as things stand he will be starting next season on a new contract.

My point is simple, constantly calling for him to be sacked on a forum like this isn't going to achieve anything, is it?

I get that some people want him out, but what I don't get is continually going on about it, to the point we now have apparent fans who are anti-Lambert cheering in the match thread when the opposition score. 

Another point is that the constant calling for him to be sacked never seems to be in a way which is constructive, if there were genuine contenders for a 'better manager' or better yet a manager who would be able to achieve much more with the same restrictions in place, then I'm pretty sure we would all want Lambert out not just some of us. 

• Like 2

Someone who he regards as good at working with money. If United were to sack Moyes maybe he'd go for him. But I think sacking Lambert is the last thing he wants to do.

Ken McNaught:

"I looked at the team at three o'clock and wondered what the shape was. At five o'clock I was still wondering"

Absolutely spot on. No excuse for Lambert and his failure at home. We still lost 4-1 at home to Stoke with Benteke et al. Played off the park by a Fulham team who are bottom of the league with a terrible goal difference. Horrendous.

This is the problem with Lambert. He has had two seasons, bought a load of crap and can't organise anything. It's not just today, there have been numerous occasions where the team has lost shape and it descends into chaos. We are all over the place most of the time. The manager and the entire backroom staff have to go. It would seem nobody has got a clue what's going on, when I watch villa play I find it almost impossible to try and understand what's happening. Lambert has had long enough and it's obvious he is a very limited manager and simply not good enough.

I actually struggle to understand how anyone can defend him. The only excuse seems to be he has not been given enough money.

What so he can buy more expensive players who he will not be able to organise or motivate properly?

Someone who he regards as good at working with money. If United were to sack Moyes maybe he'd go for him. But I think sacking Lambert is the last thing he wants to do.

Agree. 

But I also think Mackay is a good shout.

Truly awful. The midfield were non existent for the entire game. Yes Delph's injury was a big loss but this is Lambert's squad and it wasn't good enough. Having the double done to you by the team bottom of the league is not acceptable. Did we have a gameplan?

I'd like to thank Paul Lambert. Today you've made me save £400 by not buying a season ticket next year.

What a joke. Today was the worst of all TEN defeats for me. You could tell this was Fulham's last throw of the dice by the numbers they bought. It was like their cup final. Lambert has had enough time, enough money and enough patience from the fans. Let's back the team until we're safe (hopefully) then turn up the pressure on Lambert. He's got to go

• Like 3

Agree. 

But I also think Mackay is a good shout.

I dunno about Mackay, I actually think he shouldn't of been sacked by Cardiff but at the same time he spent a fair bit last Summer and they've already got rid of some of those signings. Cornelius was rumoured to be on £60k a week wasn't he? 

Edited by samjp26

38 wins in 148 games. Lambert is not he problem the owner is. he has been the only consent the last 4 seasons

Unfortunately, it will take another management failure (post Lambert, not that I think he will go) before people question this. By then we will be in the championship and I think we will do a Wolves if that happens.

I have defended Lambert up until now as I've always thought his hands have been tied behind his back. I understand he had 4 key players missing today but the painful truth is that we have gone backwards this season.

As much as I don't want to endure another rebuilding project from a new manager I really fear for us next season. I've had season tickets for over 40 years but I cannot justify forking out for 3 more next season to watch us dish up yet more turgid drivel.

• Like 2

Had enough of supporting Lambert today! Played about 4 players out of position and wonders why we cannot win at home. Even with the injuries we had we still had enough players to play in their correct positions. Also, what does he say to the lads at HT? We always have a 15 minute spell after the break where we are all over the place. If you have a home record like this nobody can be blamed but the manager imo.

I don't know what he could do today...I saw the team and expected defeat. Imagine a Liverpool team without, Suarez, Sturridge (the next backup), Gerrard, Henderson and Agger. That was our equivalent right there...I'm starting to get nervous again, I hope we can stumble over the line.

Â