Paul Lambert

limpid

I wil admit I was there objecting to the proposed appointment of Mcleish but once he got the job I wanted him to be a success. It was only when it was clear he wasn't going to be that the fans really turned so I also get annoyed at the " he didn't get a chance " notion.  

I wil admit I was there objecting to the proposed appointment of Mcleish but once he got the job I wanted him to be a success. It was only when it was clear he wasn't going to be that the fans really turned so I also get annoyed at the " he didn't get a chance " notion.  

Exactly. Only a very small minority didn't give him a chance. It's annoying that the terrible job he did here gets overlooked by many.

Exactly. Only a very small minority didn't give him a chance. It's annoying that the terrible job he did here gets overlooked by many.

At the same point in the season, McLeish had 28 points from 24 games, one more point than Lambert has managed so far.

• Like 2

I'm happy with Lambert having £20m to spend (net) in the summer, as long as it goes on 3/4 players, preferably Bertrand, a couple of midfielders and a CB.

It's pointless discussing this now though, it's 4 months away until it really becomes relevant, we don't even know which division we'll be in (most likely Premier League), let alone what type of players we will be able to attract or how much we can spend.

At least before this story, the bickering over Lambert wasn't using hypothetical situations which only serve to support whatever side of the argument you're on.

• Like 2

At the same point in the season, McLeish had 28 points from 24 games, one more point than Lambert has managed so far.

What's your point? Our form nosedived around this point under McLeish and we finished with only 38 points.

Please do not bring valid points like that up to back your argument. You'll be trying to convince me the football is as dire as it ever was under McLeish next.

Oh, hang on. It is. 

It's hardly valid at all. The season ends in May, not February.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

What's your point? Our form nosedived around this point under McLeish and we finished with only 38 points.

Please do not bring valid points like that up to back your argument. You'll be trying to convince me the football is as dire as it ever was under McLeish next.

Oh, hang on. It is. 

It's hardly valid at all. The season ends in May, not February.

He did say 'AT THE SAME POINT IN THE SEASON'

I bet at THAT TIME you were saying GET MCLEISH OUT HE'S SHIT. Well what's the difference now ?

We've traded one useless dour clearing in the woods for another. And the points and football are still as dire

He did say 'AT THE SAME POINT IN THE SEASON'

I bet at THAT TIME you were saying GET MCLEISH OUT HE'S SHIT. Well what's the difference now ?

We've traded one useless dour clearing in the woods for another. And the points and football are still as dire

It's a pointless stat. It ignores the fact that we had a horrendous second half of the season.

I'm pretty sure quite a few were still giving him time at this point?

IIRC, the ones who wanted him gone at this point were the ones who wanted him out from the start. 

I don't know about anyone else, but the major turning point for me under McLeish was when we didn't win any of our last 10 games of the season, just 1 win less than the record Laudrup currently has, that some on here want to replace Lambert with.

People are actually crazy.

For me right now we have 5 players you can depend on for the majority. Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Agbonlahor, Benteke.

Guzan under AMc - 8 appearances, did well but was immediately dropped for Given.

Delph under AMc - managed just 414mins that year and was largely non existent 

Gabby under AMc - 5 goals in 33 games.

Lambert has done a remarkable job with these 3 players.

• Like 3

Ah yes, I remember the old "imagine what Mcleish could do if he is backed" guff from the club. I don't believe any of the BS that is in the press at the minute.

I'm a great believer in giving the manager time to build and nourish

But IMO thus far, what he's brought to the table has been rubbish

Fair enough he's been restrained a bit by the lack of financial backing

But from what I can see, with his style of play, I think his knowledge of football is lacking

We've proved this season,once or twice, that when we want to play we can

With the diamond formation and a bit more belief I thought to myself'THATS THE PLAN'

But then great mr Lambert,once again, imposes his style of play on the boys

All that negative football and hoofing the ball, it's just part of the managers ploy

The lads that we've got at the moment, are not the greatest to put on the shirt

But on a couple of occasions this season they've shown that they're not the worst

Ps. The tactical substitutions made by paul ' the magician' lambert against Everton were shocking.

You don't take off your captain, your rock, to try and win a game.

I'm a great believer in giving the manager time to build and nourish

But IMO thus far, what he's brought to the table has been rubbish

Fair enough he's been restrained a bit by the lack of financial backing

But from what I can see, with his style of play, I think his knowledge of football is lacking

We've proved this season,once or twice, that when we want to play we can

With the diamond formation and a bit more belief I thought to myself'THATS THE PLAN'

But then great mr Lambert,once again, imposes his style of play on the boys

All that negative football and hoofing the ball, it's just part of the managers ploy

The lads that we've got at the moment, are not the greatest to put on the shirt

But on a couple of occasions this season they've shown that they're not the worst

Ps. The tactical substitutions made by paul ' the magician' lambert against Everton were shocking.

You don't take off your captain, your rock, to try and win a game.

Just on one point. Vlaar was injured.

• Like 1

Â