Russel Brands "The Trews"

Demitri_C

woman on Question Time right now in the audience in the stripey top

utterly thick or nasty racist?

she claims to be from Canterbury and has just complained that Canterbury prison is full of immigrant prisoners

HMP Canterbury closed in 2013

The inmates still in there must be getting pretty hungry by now.

That nobody on the panel picked her up on that point - does that mean they were simply waiting for their turn rather than listening? Or were they ignorant of what's happening in the town they are currently in, or were they busy having a quick minute on Candy Crush?

People all over the country that desperately want to believe 'sending them back' will make Britain a better place will feel their wrong view of the world was just justified and re proven.

All us 'foreigners' should go on strike for a week. See how the country copes.

We'll do what we always did .... Plenty of cheap labour to be had North of Watford

russel brand shot himself in the foot when that guy said why dont you run for office and he said "i would be scared i would become one of them" sucidal response in my view. you cant sit here critise them and then say something like that

in addition i thought farages comment about the purple heair woman showing "what pleasant supporters you have" did actually make me laugh

Huge anti-climax.  Farage was very obviously playing it safe, and Brand didn't have anything remotely interesting to say once he'd shoehorned his Enoch Powell comment in.  Most interesting bits were the mad old lady saying she was coming for Farage, and the big old bloke having a go at Brand.  Who says the BBC isn't impartial?!

woman on Question Time right now in the audience in the stripey top

utterly thick or nasty racist?

she claims to be from Canterbury and has just complained that Canterbury prison is full of immigrant prisoners

HMP Canterbury closed in 2013 

Both. 

She could barely remember her script provided by Nigel in the lobby, 

I think Penny Mordaunt was lucky to be overshadowed by the profiles of Brand and Farage as much of the complete guff she came out with will be forgotten.

What a waste of space, but then, wasn't she the one who said "cock" several times in a Parliamentary speech just for a bet. 

Cant stand Brand cant stand Farage,  in many ways they are similar characters.

Farage and his party are a bunch of opportunistic medicine men selling a vision of a country that will never be.  A 1950's post WAR vision tainted by rose coloured glasses,  pandering to the fears and worries of a portion of the population and using that fear to get what they want.  The worst type of politician.  Do we have an issue with immigration? Maybe but the main issue has been over the years a failure to discuss it for fear of being labelled a racist by the politically correct lobby. 

Absolutely correct Richard. Lets have a proper informed debate about the positives and negatives on the subject, at least the people who are flocking to stand under the UKIP banner might see that they are not all they think they are. The 2 major parties have been running scared on the subject and essentially created the vacuum for UKIP to fill.

If you fundamentally do not believe in the system then how you can you partake in it? You've got to try and change it.  Many people have tried to change it within.  It just doesn't work.  Look at Obama.  He might as well be another Bush. 

unfortunately bicks in today society (the future generation) they are more interested in their ipads then whats really going on in the world

Think that is harsh on Obama Omar, real politik, Machiavelli and all that, he is trying to make things better within the constraints of a really really messed up system. I can't blame him for that even if he didnt live up to the Yes We Can bull shit he rode in on.

Anyone who really believed he was the new Messiah and is now dissapointed should slap themselves in the face.

Â