Russel Brands "The Trews"

Demitri_C

So is hypocrisy (something that I very much doubt anyone, anywhere, could deny having been guilty of) the crime 'du jour'?

Or is it just an easy target when trying to defend (or deflect) criticism(s) of problems with either the economic or political system (or both)?

I suspect we are all guilty of it  .. however personally I don't lecture other people on what they should or shouldn't be doing  ..thus I'm allowed to call Brand by the H - bomb :P

I suspect we are all guilty of it  .. however personally I don't lecture other people on what they should or shouldn't be doing  ..thus I'm allowed to call Brand by the H - bomb :P

I'm sorry but that's pretty cheap, too, Tony.

Criticism of someone/something with which we have a problem becomes ' lecturing on what they shouldn't be doing'? Really?

It's called comment and opinion.

I put mine forward; you put yours forward; he puts his forward.

It's some sort of declension.

I'm sorry but that's pretty cheap, too, Tony.

Criticism of someone/something with which we have a problem becomes ' lecturing on what they shouldn't be doing'? Really?

It's called comment and opinion.

I put mine forward; you put yours forward; he puts his forward.

It's some sort of declension.

ok let me re-phrase that

I'm not peddling a book and whoring myself out making money telling people what they should and shouldn't do     ... thus I'm allowed to call Brand by the H Bomb

I don't have a "problem"  with what Brand says as frankly I don't listen to what he says  ...   I listened to him on QT the other day out of curiosity and frankly he came up well short , we may require a revolution but his part in it will be to make the tea

• Like 1

ok let me re-phrase that

I'm not peddling a book and whoring myself out making money telling people what they should and shouldn't do     ... thus I'm allowed to call Brand by the H Bomb

I don't have a "problem"  with what Brand says as frankly I don't listen to what he says  ...   I listened to him on QT the other day out of curiosity and frankly he came up well short , we may require a revolution but his part in it will be to make the tea

I'm not sure you're 're-phrasing' anything there other than your misunderstanding.

You could do with having a look at my previous post, firstly, and the others, subsequently, in order to reappraise the appropriateness of your criticism.

Edit: You can call Brand whatever you want to. I couldn't give a monkey's. (I'm no Brand 'fanboi' - indeed I don't much care for him and his method)

The 'problem' was not with what Brand said and that's one of the problems with your response - you misinterpreted the criticism there.

There's more but it's late and I can't be arsed.

Edited by snowychap

I'm not misunderstanding anything , nor did I criticise anything you wrote (or call you a fan boy for that matter)  ...

you asked a question , I answered it  .. I explained why I am a hypocrite and conversely also not a hypocrite ...... I'm sorry that you didn't like my answer  .... next time supply me with a list of approved answers and I'll just pick one and save myself  from being chastised  :P

• Like 1

Â