Ben Flowers

chappy

The Wigan and St Helens rivalry has always been a bit tasty, to say the least.  I used to live a hundred yards away from Wigan's old ground, and it wasn't a place for the faint-hearted when they played Saints.

Paging Tegis - Hendo/Bisping KO gif plz

Yes sir

My slow mo above was better tbh. :D

In my defence, your link was broken when I first checked in. :)

^^^ bizarre post if you're remotely serious.

It's a great post, sarcastically taking the piss out of the nonsense that gets quoted about rugby.  "They call the referee sir you know!"

It's a great post, sarcastically taking the piss out of the nonsense that gets quoted about rugby.  "They call the referee sir you know!"

I realise what it was doing. Which is why I said it's bizarre to suggest that one incidence of violence can be used to disprove "what they say about rugby".

It's like saying "That Joey Barton proves that all footballers are thugs"

It's a great post, sarcastically taking the piss out of the nonsense that gets quoted about rugby. "They call the referee sir you know!"

It's Rugby Union where the ref gets called sir. This is Rugby League.

None of this would have happened if they were allowed to scrum properly.

I did like the post but here's a bit of Mendez flooring Inspector Ackford, for balance:

He'd noticed the number plate on Ackford's Porsche.

• Like 1

I realise what it was doing. Which is why I said it's bizarre to suggest that one incidence of violence can be used to disprove "what they say about rugby".

This is a bit of a step further than pretty much anything you see in the Premier League, though. Some players do go for a slow elbow, kick, etc. but then this guy did get caught with one to the face which is why he reacted like this. This'd be the equivalent of a player punching Barton to the ground after he does something and then punching him again while he's down.

You see far more faux outrage over football for something much less severe than this. But then I suppose football is actually watched by more than a half dozen people.

None of this would have happened if they were allowed to scrum properly.

I did like the post but here's a bit of Mendez flooring Inspector Ackford, for balance:

Now THAT'S cowardly. Blind sided. He must be so proud, wherever he is now

This is a bit of a step further than pretty much anything you see in the Premier League, though. Some players do go for a slow elbow, kick, etc. but then this guy did get caught with one to the face which is why he reacted like this. This'd be the equivalent of a player punching Barton to the ground after he does something and then punching him again while he's down.

You see far more faux outrage over football for something much less severe than this. But then I suppose football is actually watched by more than a half dozen people.

That misses the point I was making to be honest.

It's a great post, sarcastically taking the piss out of the nonsense that gets quoted about rugby. "They call the referee sir you know!"

It's Rugby Union where the ref gets called sir. This is Rugby League.

A lot of players still do in League as well.

Now THAT'S cowardly. Blind sided. He must be so proud, wherever he is now

It certainly doesn't look good.

I think the story is that he was having his bollocks grabbed/stamped on for much of the game leading up to that in an attempt by the England pack to wind him up.

He went on to get 70 odd caps for the Argies, play in world cups and over here for Bath and Northampton over here.

According to that Wiki, he is now a head coach of his home side in Argentina and is on the panel for the IRB awards.

That misses the point I was making to be honest.

No, I got your point. But mine still remains in that while you have violent characters in football, you rarely see this in the Premier League.

Â