Ben Flowers

chappy

I said this before, but the laws of Rugby League specifically state that if a player's injury as a result of an incident should be taken into account in the punishment.

Had the guy been more hurt, I think the ban would have been longer.

this is how you inflict probably the same damage and get away with it

In 2003 Josh Lewsey showed that he's not to be messed with as he gave Wallaby Mat Rogers the treatment he probably deserved after an earlier altercation in the match. 

The Aussie was having a go at him the whole day, and when Lewsey finally got payback, it was well worth it, and spectacular to watch. 

Rogers recently (edit: Oct 2008) spoke to the Sun newspaper about how that hit was the hardest hit he's ever taken, making him feel like he'd been run over. 

The broken ribs he was left with were testament to the crunching power of that tackle. 

Punches had already been exchanged before Rogers was hit with the now famous sledge-hammer tackle during the Aussies 2003 defeat Down Under. 

Rogers, 32, said: "Ive taken a fair few hits in my time. But that one was like getting run over. 

"I think that hit will take the crown as the biggest ever. I just remember lying there writhing in pain, unable to breathe. 

"It left me with broken ribs and for months afterwards I couldnt go surfing because my rib stuck out on the board! 

"I was a young, frustrated fella back then and I guess Josh taught me a hard lesson." 
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â