• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Didn't expect anything from this game so not too fussed.

My main concern however is how poor we are on the ball, really poor.

Someone a few weeks ago on here stated we look like a promoted team on the ball, It does look that way. Very little pressure yet still giving it away or wrong choice of pass.

In terms of goals, let's hope Benteke is back on form as our goal difference doesn't make for good reading.

I'm hoping now with good fixtures coming up we can actually go a run at the very least have a feeling it won't be straight forward though.

We did okay, considering the opposition. It would be nice to be competitive with teams like City but at the moment we're not, so I'll take the fact that we kept them at bay for 80 minutes and fashioned a couple of decent chances as a minor victory.

One thing worries me, though - I don't want Benteke's return to mean a return to last season's tactics of lumping the ball up to him and hoping that he can do something miraculous with it. We've got better players in the side this season than last, so I hope we'll be able to support him a bit better.

No complaints. Held out a long time, unlucky it wasn't just one nil. You're needed a goal and we all know Villa are the team to play to break a run!

Baker motm. Bring on the normal teams, with Vlaar and Benteke back, we'll be fine.

If we're all so acceptable of losing against the so-called top teams, why play our very best players?

We did well to hold out for so long but, we really need to learn to keep hold of the ball. If we've got it, they can't score - simples.

Ah well. Never expected to win that. Thought we might get a draw and was gutted when that lazy lump of class netted their first. 

Suppose Zog was tired but for me he was our only attacking outlet today and we were poor after he left the pitch. Bacuna and Grealish didn't add anything. Looking forward to N'Zogbia and Benteke coinciding on the pitch. Somebody needs to get it into Zog's head that he really should pass it. 

Baker gets my MOM. Solid display and has come on alot since last season. Perhaps now people will lay off. He has shown he has the ability to be a good premiership centre-half.

Seemed like as soon as we made the double switch, we sat too far back and let them dance around the penalty box every time they had possession. Their first goal seemed inevitable. Way too many sloppy turnovers, and some unintelligent decisions, particularly from CNZ. I don't think we had one corner the whole game, or even one free kick from a dangerous area. Out played by a superior side, the result is no surprise, but given the fight we showed the first half, the last 20 minutes was really bad. Baker MOTM.

I know that City are a great team, but we should still be able to string a few passes together. It was absolutely pathetic watching us when we had the ball but not on the counter, we simply didn't know what to do. For example when the ball was on the right wing and we just kept going back and forward between Hutton, N'zogbia and Cleverley, and one point went all the way back to Guzan from near the corner flag.

Even thoughwe lost in the end it shouldnt be forgotten that there was some great performances out there today

Thought Westy and the whole back 4 were fantastic but the stand out was Delph, the guy is just a class above. 

The way he makes space for himself and takes the pressure off the rest of the team really is top draw.

I don't think you can fault anyone today, a really good performance from everyone. Especially Delph though, I thought he was superb.

Finally these run of games are pretty much over, should hopefully get our season going again now.

Off topic but would anybody actually care if Manchester just disappeared from the map?

Both sets of fans are awful and they can **** off with their 2nd city shite.

The obliteration of an entire city of people, all with their own families and hopes and dreams would quite upset me actually.

Put a shift in. Shame we couldnt have held on, as it was clearly our game plan. Great to see Grealish get some more minutes and the best thing about today was seeing Benteke back. It will take a while to get that sharpness back, but he still showed moments of his old self! 

Hutton and Baker our best players today.

Off topic but would anybody actually care if Manchester just disappeared from the map?

The obliteration of an entire city of people, all with their own families and hopes and dreams would quite upset me actually.

**** off with your realism curbing my genocidal rant :D

• Like 2

I knew we should have put a bid in for Toure and Aguero!

God I hate anyone elses fans.

Fixed

Nope.

I hate their fans because I didn't hear them until they scored. They're champions and they didn't sing a word.

They're plastic fans supporting a plastic club. Problem? Throw money at it.

Right!

What rival fans do you like on matchday?

I applaud Lambert for going for it, but unfortunately taking Weimann off mean any pace going forward was lost. Taking Richardson off meant we also lost some defensive cover. Also Zog was playing pretty well.

Bringing Bacuna on seemed to mean he played at right back, failed massively whilst.... not sure what Hutton was told to do.

Great to see Tekkers back though and we defended brilliantly in the main.

No more Coronation Street, though.

• Like 2