• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Before every game there are several of us who always call the out of form guy to notch and it happens everytime. (ie. Yaya, Ozil)

With everyone fit (which is never the case), our side looks half decent. A spine of Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Benteke is quality, and now with a defence that can show a bit of organisation and attacking intent we should be able to cause anyone problems. Everton and Tottenham to come in the next 3 too, these fixtures have been awful but if we can stop the rot now at a ground we generally do well at things will be looking up again.

Cant really begrudge the result yesterday, Silva ran the show and they should of been in front well before the 82nd min.

Would have been delighted with 0-0 and we were well organised.

Nevertheless, bar silva and Aguero, I didn't think they were anything that special. (I appreciate they are of course).

But for poor finishing it could have been 5/6.

Tough games but we have got to better with the ball surely? For a premiership football side it's nothing short of abysmal to watch.

Yes and with so many of their players out of form were we as good as we were last season against them...Our only threat came from Nzogbia..

right then..the season starts now,we have played the elite of the Premier League, we have 10 points,were not playing catch up,the next batch of games are point builders

its difficult to slate the team against city,they are on another level,i thought we did very well .shame gabby was not 100% but its a squad game, AW is what he is.

I thought we did OK under the circumstances and could easily have got a result or even a win with Gabby or Benteke up top instead of Weimann.

However I think we have to consider this the end of the 'bad run'. Everton aren't all that and we should go to Goodison in two weeks looking to win.

• Like 1

After the 4 games I think we'll be fine....at least we beat Liverpool. Citeh and Chelsea will be out of sight soon, they have world class players. The Arsenal defeat was frustrating as Villa seemed happy to lose 3-0. I think we'll get something at Everton though.

The team battled but we played against a team with 4 of the best players in the world playing for them. We have lost 3 in a row but still about joint 7th. With international break & benteke back we can reorganise and start winning games which I have no doubt we will do this season.

My starting 11

Guzan

Hutton senderos vlaar cissokho

Cleverly Westwood Delph

Nzogbia benteke Richardson

I thought we did fine yesterday.

The sad fact is if a team like Man City actually turn up, then we're going to lose.

All we can do as a team is put 100% in and hope that CIty don't turn up and we are playing well enough to capitalise on any mistakes.

I don't think that happened yesterday. I think we played well enough to beat a poor Man City performance. But they didn't play poorly, they played well, very well towards the end of the game.

ALl you can ask for is the team to give 100% and I think we gave that yesterday?

Even though the performances were respectable, I'm not sure the team could say they gave 100% against Arsenal and Chelsea.

I honestly think they could say that yesterday,

• Like 1

I thought we did fine yesterday.

The sad fact is if a team like Man City actually turn up, then we're going to lose.

All we can do as a team is put 100% in and hope that CIty don't turn up and we are playing well enough to capitalise on any mistakes.

I don't think that happened yesterday. I think we played well enough to beat a poor Man City performance. But they didn't play poorly, they played well, very well towards the end of the game.

ALl you can ask for is the team to give 100% and I think we gave that yesterday?

Even though the performances were respectable, I'm not sure the team could say they gave 100% against Arsenal and Chelsea.

I honestly think they could say that yesterday,

I'm sorry but 100% is the absolute bare minimum that I expect! Not ask for. Expect! On top of that I would expect to see an ability to keep possession of the football for more than 5 passes. I'd also like us to look like we could score if the game went on for a decade.

These are professional footballers who get paid a monumental amount of money. The class of the opposition may excuse the overall outcome il give you that, but it does not excuse the inadequacies that we consistently see.

Edited by Woodytom

You want the team to give more than 100%?

The rest of your post makes little more sense than that opening sentence.

Yes. Not more effort though. In quality and creativity. As my post says.

It's really not that hard to make sense of.

I'm not praising them lot for putting 100% effort in. I could do that.

It doesn't make sense. You're saying you think the team gave 100%. Everything they could.

But that's not good enough for you?

Yes you could do that. And if the team was made up of 11 Woodytoms then that's all we could ask for.

But it's not. It's made up of Aston Villa Players. And I don't think we could have asked much more of them.

Yes they lacked the quality needed to beat Man City. I'm not denying that for one second. But that's not for lack of effort.

It doesn't make sense. You're saying you think the team gave 100%. Everything they could.

But that's not good enough for you?

Yes you could do that. And if the team was made up of 11 Woodytoms then that's all we could ask for.

But it's not. It's made up of Aston Villa Players. And I don't think we could have asked much more of them.

Yes they lacked the quality needed to beat Man City. I'm not denying that for one second. But that's not for lack of effort.

I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is that I want more than just effort?

You want the players to produce things they're not capable of, is basically what you're saying.

Which is fine. We all want better players at Villa. The players we currently have aren't good enough to take us to where we all want the club to be.

But that's a completely different discussion than our performance yesterday.

• Like 1

You want the players to produce things they're not capable of, is basically what you're saying.

Which is fine. We all want better players at Villa. The players we currently have aren't good enough to take us to where we all want the club to be.

But that's a completely different discussion than our performance yesterday.

They do lack the basics of passing too often though. That can be frustrating. Plus that fresh air short by Weimann. Come on....

Maybe it does come down to serious lack of quality. I suppose what do you expect when teams have a few players that cost more than our whole team.

Kompany said it was the best MC has played in the last few years. Makes our performance sound even better.

I don't know why it hasn't been noticed or mentioned much but City were absolutely outstanding from back to front. We were a little toothless and wasteful when we had opportunities in the final third but they were few and far between because of how City played.

I'm pretty sure they were much better when battering Tottenham, united and arsenal last season.

Also, when the beat bAyern Munich away.

It's not even the best they've played v us this year.

Quite often passes were misplaced, poor control, final balls were poor especially from Milner and the finishing was pretty dire. A couple of shots straight at Guzan when free from 10/12 yards.

Have to say I completely disagree with Vincent kompany, but he may just have been motivating the team.