• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

As others have said, onto the next one.  We've still done more than what anyone expected so far this season and I for one can't wait to see what we do when we play those down below.  As I've said previously, we have nothing to fear this season.  We're doing OK. 

People need to SHUT UP about getting three points at Anfield. Liverpool were complete w@nk in that match and are complete w@nk this season. 

We were very wasteful in last third positions today. Crosses and free-kicks all crap.

Never mind this "I'd have taken 3 points in 5 games" rubbish. That's a poor return for any team let alone us who have a decent record against the top teams.

• Like 1

Slightly bored of the Tekkers comments now. If everyone is pinning their hopes on him then we're doomed... he'll either come back and be a disappointment, or he'll come back, amaze, then bugger off to a top flight club for ££££££ a week.

Anyway - it wasn't that bad. Easily could have been a bigger loss and it's not like we really have a chance against a club being bankrolled by a billionaire.

NEXT.

Dont be such a doom and gloom merchant we are better off than most expected at this stage. I will settle for taking 10 points from every 18. That will see us with over 60 points come May, a great improvement compared to the last 3 seasons. At this stage, with minimum investment, its quite positive.

I think 4 points from every 3 games this season would be an acceptable return. That'd have us finishing on somewhere in the region of 48-52 points, and would most definitely be very solid progress. Obviously, the target would ideally be higher, an average of 4.5 points from 3 games would see us get 54-58, and that would be a great return

People need to SHUT UP about getting three points at Anfield. Liverpool were complete w@nk in that match and are complete w@nk this season. 

We were very wasteful in last third positions today. Crosses and free-kicks all crap.

Never mind this "I'd have taken 3 points in 5 games" rubbish. That's a poor return for any team let alone us who have a decent record against the top teams.

Er..... are we still on about Villa?

No criticism from me. I expected a spanking and we got away with only letting 3 in. I just hope this difficult run of games doesn't result in a host of similar results and a dent in confidence that won't help when we play the lesser teams.

I honestly think Benteke won't make much difference to this side if we play the same tactics as we did today. We didn't create anything for Gabby and Andi, and Benteke's movement isn't particularly good.

Edited by KJT123

1 ) If we'd have lost that game would the moaners SHUT UP? Or bring it up at every available opportunity?

2 ) Liverpool may not have played well, but that's usually what happens when you beat someone.

3 ) Liverpool are a far better team than us.

4 ) Yes, we were wasteful. But we were also vastly outclassed.

5 ) Taking three points from five over the course of the season would be bad. That's not what people are saying though is it?

6 ) A decent record against the top teams doesn't mean we should have won.

• Like 3

Slightly bored of the Tekkers comments now. If everyone is pinning their hopes on him then we're doomed... he'll either come back and be a disappointment, or he'll come back, amaze, then bugger off to a top flight club for ££££££ a week.

Anyway - it wasn't that bad. Easily could have been a bigger loss and it's not like we really have a chance against a club being bankrolled by a billionaire.

NEXT.

Our best striker coming back from injury can only be a positive. Even if it takes him a while to get up to speed, the psychological effect alone could be worth a point or two.

A heavy defeat is more than just the scoreline. It's when you get absolutely destroyed, especially in terms of confidence, and that didn't happen today whatsoever. We put up a decent show but even if we were at full strength, we wouldn't have got anything out of that game - they were too clinical and any one of their XI would be one of our best players.

Meh ...... feel like I want to rant but can't really !

Set up to contain them and once that failed, it was all over ...... different class, need to keep heads up and again next week and get over this crazy run of tough fixtures.