Villa players you saw play once

holteendhero

Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Yeah...

Watching MOTD when he made his debut against Arsenal I think at home? Came on, wearing gold boots and was nutmegged within the first 20 odd seconds of being on the pitch. Another one of those signings that never made any sense under O'Leary.

Oh, I once saw Heskey score for us, I think. I know he played a lot of games, but how many saw him score? If I indeed remember correct that he scored a goal against wham when we played them at home in a 1-1 draw where we had to play with our away shirts and Diego Tristan scored for them. I think it was MON's last or 2nd last season.

And btw, I saw Diego Tristan score for wham.

Correct. Heskey did score in that game.

watched salifou have a decent game in prague, what a day/night that was. salifou and midgets.

I was at the Reading game at VP when Salifou came on near the end and got an incredible ovation, the remaining Reading fans near me were wondering what the hell was going on!

Was that the only league game at VP he played for us? I know he had a few run outs in europe and played in a few away games.

I saw a very young Dwight Yorke play one of his first ever games for villa for a Villa XI back in pre season 89 against my home club Cirencester Town.

I saw a very young Dwight Yorke play one of his first ever games for villa for a Villa XI back in pre season 89 against my home club Cirencester Town.

saw Danny Jackman play a friendly in Dublin and he looked a tidy little full back, think we let him go a few weeks later

also not for Villa but saw Stephen O'Haloran play for Ireland in a friendly in the US and he looked a very good player but had an awful run of injuries

Adam Rachel

Made one sub appearance after Michael Oakes got sent off and his first job was to save a penalty against Blackburn

Was a free kick wasn't it as I'm sure Oakes got sent off for handball, great Boxing Day that was!

You are right there... Nonetheless... Hasn't his career blossomed since he left us?

Playing for Solihull Moors now (According to Wikipedia)

Nii Lamptey was another one for me, Wigan in the cup years and years ago when he scored a goal not unlike that famous George Weah one. 

Sid Cowans too.  It may have been more than once, but I'm certain I saw him play when we thumped QPR on the opening day of the 93/94 season.  This was during his third spell as a Villa player when he was well into his thirties, I was too young to see 1970s and 80s Sid.  

I saw Adam Rachel make his first and only appearance for the club when Oakes got sent off against Blackburn. My first ever away game, I think we were top of the league at the time about 25 games in to the season.

Edit: Well, I really should read the page before I post ;)

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â