Spiders

B6 to E6

I was lucky enough to actually catch a spider in the process of spinning a web once and it was genuinely amazing . It had pretty much only just begun so I got to watch it from start to finish . I don't think I have ever knowingly killed a spider or disturbed a web since that moment.

• Like 2

I had to punch one to death the other week. It was running across the pillow towards my face. Big bastard obviously, it took two punches and then a mercy strike with a shoe. I had to change the sheets.

Try not to kill them usually, agree that they're misunderstood. No idea why this one chose to attack.

I had to punch one to death the other week. It was running across the pillow towards my face. Big bastard obviously, it took two punches and then a mercy strike with a shoe. I had to change the sheets.

Try not to kill them usually, agree that they're misunderstood. No idea why this one chose to attack.

You taste like fly, obviously.
  • Like 1

Woman suffers six days of hell from monster spider bite

A WOMAN has become terrified of spiders after she was hospitalised for six days from a nasty bite from one on her ankle.

Published 24th September 2014

Julie-Roberts-spider-401490.jpgARACHNOPHOBIA: Julie Roberts is terrified of finding spiders in her East Yorkshire home after she was bitten [CATERS/GETTY]

Julie Roberts, 42, was left unable to walk and needed antibiotics through a drip after the arachnid sank its fangs into her at a friend's barbecue.

It's the second time the mum-of-four has ended up in hospital due to spider bites after spending two days in A&E last September.

Julie, from Hull, East Yorks, said: "At the moment I feel like a nervous wreck. I have been having panic attacks and freaking out - I was never like this before."

Julie believes the most recent attack was while she was enjoying a barbecue on Saturday, August 30.

“I've become really paranoid. I always shake my clothes before I put them on to check there are no spiders hiding”
Julie Roberts

She woke up the next morning with a mark on her leg but things quickly took a turn for the worse.

With an inflamed leg and a giant blister forming Julie rushed to a walk-in centre for treatment who gave her antibiotics and sent her home.

But within 24 hours her condition had worsened and headed to Hull Royal Infirmary where she spent three days recovering with antibiotics through a drip.

Despite leaving on Wednesday and returning to her job as a plumbing firm's secretary on the following Friday, the bite plagued her until, a whole week after the spider had attacked her leg, she was back in hospital for another three days.

147950.jpgOUCH: The tiny bite soon made a gigantic blister and left Juile's foot bright red [CATERS]

Related articles

Terrified Julie is now desperately trying to rid her home of the eight-legged creepy crawlies.

She said: "I've become really paranoid. I always shake my clothes before I put them on to check there are no spiders hiding.

"My eldest daughter has cut all the garden down at the back of the house and I have vacuumed the house from top to bottom.

"We have also got some conkers to put in the house as I have heard that they stop them getting into homes.

"My friend's husband got bitten by a spider and had a bad reaction but there is a shop nearby that sells items to stop spiders coming into your home, so I will be making a trip there when I feel up to it."

Entomologist Barry Warrington said: "I have definitely seen a difference this year. The spiders are much larger and part of the reason for that is because of the good weather we have been having lately.

"Now, as the nights are drawing in, people will start to notice more spiders in their homes.

"The males, which are larger, will roam about looking for a female and this is when they are often encountered indoors, as well as looking for warmer places to hide."

Ouch - back when I was learning to drive my driving instructor was bitten by something when he was doing gardening on his hand. His hand completely blistered up - it was pretty horrific. The doctors said he would have lost his hand if he hadn't been to see them. Crazy.

Just had to extract an absolute monster from the premises. The missus went ballistic.

Had to use a dessert glass to cover the leg span. Once covered he reared up and bared his fangs against the glass. Haven't seen that kind of aggressive behaviour from spiders in this country before.

I named him Clive.

Â