Spiders

B6 to E6

Snakes are also on my death list but you can't just squish them.

Go to Vietnam, a crazy local will cut them open for you, you can then bite it's heart out while it's alive and they put it in snake blood wine for you to down (still beating). Some people then choose to wipe the blood all over their face. I met lots of tourists that did this.
Why would you do that?

Go to Vietnam, a crazy local will cut them open for you, you can then bite it's heart out while it's alive and they put it in snake blood wine for you to down (still beating). Some people then choose to wipe the blood all over their face. I met lots of tourists that did this.
Why would you do that?

I didn't

Why would you do that?

I didn't

I meant the general you as anyone, not you individually (which I think you knew ;) ) (sorry donnie)

Why would you do that?

I didn't

I meant the general you as anyone, not you individually (which I think you knew ;) ) (sorry donnie)

I didn't know for sure (but I had an idea) (sorry donnie), but I wasn't being facetious I just wanted to make sure nobody thought I'd took part in that kind of barbarism.

• Like 1

I'd always assumed that spiders that were stuck in the bath had climbed out the plughole, but my girlfriend says they just fall in from elsewhere and then can't get out.

I suppose that explains why they don't just exit through the plughole again.

I like spiders. They kill flies and mosquitoes and crane flies, and they spin cool webs. I kill flies and mosquitoes when they get in my house but I usually leave the spiders alone. If there's a particularly large or scary one I take it outside. The only poisonous spiders in this area are brown recluse spiders, and as you might surmise from their name, they don't tend to hang out with people.

There's a big spider that lives in a massive web he's spun on my balcony just over my flower box. He and I have a nice understanding -- he kills any of the other flying bugs that are around and keeps them from entering my apartment, and I won't blow cigarette smoke at his web.

Edit: here is his web, but he's not home in this picture.

2014-09-05%252008.05.40.jpg

Edited by heid3ster
  • Like 4

Some facts about the Sydney funnel-web spider:

- It was first described by the Reverend Octavius Pickard-Cambridge.

- It latches on, then bites repeatedly, thereby causing significant shock and emotional trauma in addition to envenomation.

- Its venom caused many fatalities until an antivenom was developed in 1981. An untreated bite can cause the death of a small child in 15 minutes.

I meant the general you 

Unless I'm mistaken, I think I know who that is.

1_d3e982_1549927.jpg

I don't think he's licked the inside of a snake either.

Ewes are females. Are you trying to suggest a female could never attain the rank of General? Sexist.

I'd always assumed that spiders that were stuck in the bath had climbed out the plughole, but my girlfriend says they just fall in from elsewhere and then can't get out.

I suppose that explains why they don't just exit through the plughole again.

I always thought the same as you! Hang on, 'girlfriend'? I thought she was your fiancée? Has she finally come to her senses? I have to say. That's a huge relief. I have been dreading the best man speech, as I can't think of anything funny to write about you at all. That's a load off my mind. Phew. I'm sleeping easy tonight.
  • Like 1

Â