Spiders

B6 to E6

Spiders are the reason I will never see australia.

I worked in the outback for a while, this year and last, and there were all sorts of critters there that you wouldn't ideally want to mess with - not just spideys, but scorpions, deadly snakes etc. Anyway, one night I was lying on the floor (it was hot) in my flat, and looking through the doorway, to the outside. I heard these little footprints, and one significantly sized spidey appeared about 6 to 8 feet away, then stopped. We looked at each other for a while. Telepathically we communicated - I said "lets do a deal, here. You don't come in here and I'll not come out there till you've moved along." it worked. Spidey turned around and scurried off. Dunno what type it was. Not a huntsman, but similar size (they're harmless anyway). Much bigger than a redback (of which there were a number on the balcony)

it was the ants and mossies that were the main menance, anyway. Specially the mossies.

post-75-0-14341200-1410802163_thumb.jpgpost-75-0-99364500-1410802178_thumb.jpg

redback and scorpion pics I took.

Lived in Sydney my entire life. Can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've seen a funnelweb spider. Huntsman and Redbacks, though, are a dime a dozen.

Walking home from the train station in the early evening during summer is always fun. You are nailed on to get some web in the face at some point.....

... which is a shame because it's mostly orb spider webs and they are just stunning.

covered this before but since we now have a dedicated spider thread he is my entry .......

Was in my hotel in Chengdu the other year working on the laptop when I had that feeling i as being watched .. turned around and saw a bloody great spider on the wall

first thought was to catch him and set him free  ... he was bigger than the glass in my bathroom , and as it turned out he was also bigger than the ice bucket in my room

At which point i whacked him with a newspaper and he sorta laughed at me and scurried off 

I then went to bed ... for about 30 seconds at which point i just had visions of him crawling over my face in the night  .... so I sat up a bit and waited ..and sure enough he came back and i chased him around a bit before finally losing him under bed .... I moved the whole bed and couldn't find him , then i found him crawling over the bed side lamp level with my head , once he cleared it I hit him full on with a copy of the yellow pages ... needless to say he wasn't laughing any more

chances are he was harmless , but **** me he was big and I wasn't taking any chances

• Like 1

Heard many a story of unfortunate Australians being bitten on the arse by a rogue Black Widow living underneath their toilet seat

That's a bit of an urban legend mate, inspired by a country song.

It probably happened in the old days when people had outside toilets but these days you won't get them inside because they prefer dry, dark undisturbed spaces.

I had a huge one in my barbecue when I took the cover off it at the start of summer last year. I cooked the **** up nice and crispy.

One of the size of a toddler's hand had fallen into my girlfriends tart burner candle thing last night, she blew the flame out and now it's stuck in the wax with just the tips of it's legs sticking out.

It made me feel sick, put me off my coco pops.

f53ok2.jpg

There you go, for anyone interested. It's like one of those lollies you buy in Selfridges.

• Like 1

Â