Spiders

B6 to E6

Just had to extract an absolute monster from the premises. The missus went ballistic.

Had to use a dessert glass to cover the leg span. Once covered he reared up and bared his fangs against the glass. Haven't seen that kind of aggressive behaviour from spiders in this country before.

I named him Clive.

Had one similar in my gaff last week. Biggest one I've seen in the house ever. It disappeared for a while and forgot about it. Then heard the missus say to her Mom "Get a big glass" so I came downstairs to find her Mom with it under a pint glass. It's leg span was as wide as it. Like you it reared up the glass and it's fangs were huge.

She just opened a window and let it go. We live on the 1st and 2nd floors of an apartment block but no doubt it survived the fall. I expect to see it back.

I once fed a spider in the garden to see if I could grow a big one. Funnily enough it mostly ignored the food I put on it's web, I think they only feed once a week or something like that. I put other spiders on there as well which was more exciting. They don't tend to get on very well when you put them on each other.

I usually suck them up in the hoover and let them fight to the death. I don't mind the spiders themselves that much but the lady is scared of them and I don't like the cobwebs.

I'm currently staying in Stafford for a family gathering and we are staying in converted barns on a farm. Both last night and tonight I have found about 3 spiders each night in my bedroom, including one that was right beyond my head just before I went to sleep last night.

Needless to say, that they were quickly flushed down the toilet.

I'm currently staying in Stafford for a family gathering and we are staying in converted barns on a farm. Both last night and tonight I have found about 3 spiders each night in my bedroom, including one that was right beyond my head just before I went to sleep last night.

Needless to say, that they were quickly flushed down the toilet.

Could have at least made the guest bed up for it......

Â