Match Thread

villianusa

I thought we kept the ball well but we need more creativity up front and gabby and Weimann still look crap! Grealish and NZogbia look better options and I'd love to see them start against Parma. I hope the team that starts next week is virtually the one that'll play against Stoke and they get a good hour at least with probably the exception of Vlaar

I thought we kept the ball well but we need more creativity up front and gabby and Weimann still look crap! Grealish and NZogbia look better options and I'd love to see them start against Parma. I hope the team that starts next week is virtually the one that'll play against Stoke and they get a good hour at least with probably the exception of Vlaar

I don't see what that has to do with the discussion at all !

• Like 1

I don't see what that has to do with the discussion at all !

Completely off topic.

I was sitting with Rob at the game today. 90 minutes in front of three really unbearable blokes. But thank you Mr Mammoth, you've made me realise it could have been a lot worse.

Not the most interesting game of football. Thought N'Zogbia and Hutton played well. Is Bent injured?

• Like 3

Haha just read through the thread, rob182 mammoth 0

:lol:

If you're talking about expending energy watching a game, then you should have recommended the people sat by us to have something remotely positive and/or interesting to say.

When you can clearly hear the absolute inane drivel and hatred for some players, it gets quite boring after 10 mins.

Now if a player does something legitimately wrong, then you know what? They can say what they want, within reason. But when they're spitting feathers about a misplaced pass deep in the oppositions half, under pressure from opposing players, just give them a **** break, they've been sat on a beach for two months, they're still playing at a level the said people could only dream of.

Have some respect for other people would be my other point.

They were arseholes, I don't see why you're sticking up for them :lol:

• Like 1

If you are sat in block 8, row i, seats 37-40. You are the most annoying bunch of idiots I've ever witnessed.

I was in seat 36. Awfully glad you didn't include me ;D

• Like 4

Me and my 3 mates were at the game today, just doing the usual things we do. You know, swearing, telling the players their passing was shit, shouting, calling Hutton "Cafu", and generally giving everyone around us a running commentary. Anyway there was this right knob behind us, acting all cool, and just sat looking at his phone all match. 

Think I was two rows behind you. I know who you mean. There you lot were getting in to the game, showing a bit of passion whilst that eediat sat with his face buried in his phone the whole match, flanked by Mr Tumble and some bloke with an emoticon for a face.

VTID SOTC UTV ICAGTRSG

• Like 3

Me and my 3 mates were at the game today, just doing the usual things we do. You know, swearing, telling the players their passing was shit, shouting, calling Hutton "Cafu", and generally giving everyone around us a running commentary. Anyway there was this right knob behind us, acting all cool, and just sat looking at his phone all match. 

Think I was two rows behind you. I know who you mean. There you lot were getting in to the game, showing a bit of passion whilst that eediat sat with his face buried in his phone the whole match, flanked by Mr Tumble and some bloke with an emoticon for a face.

VTID SOTC UTV ICAGTRSG

Yeah that was them! They didn't even join in, when I started a rendition of "pants off if you love Villa". Must have been secret bluenoses. 

• Like 2

I'm starting to think that 'pants off' chant was just an excuse to rub your tackle on my neck.

He was in front of you though, what you saying? Biggin' him up?

EDIT - Mistaken identity it seems.

Edited by 8pints

I missed it. How were we?

Massively uninspiring. Delph being he only bright spot for us.

I wouldn't be that negative about the match - we looked a lot sharper than we did against Groningen, maybe they were still feeling the effects of the US and being up against a season ready team?

For me, the only real low points were our two strikers in Gabby and Weimann, both contributed very little and Gabby managed to hit a passing minibus on the M6 with one particular 'shot'....

Defensively, 1st half half it looked like a back three of Okore, Baker and Clark - all of whom did well, Okore again impressed with the ball at his feet and his positioning.

Hutton was weirdly, very very good - got forward a lot and got into good crossing positions. He deserved his goal.

The midfield three of Delph, Westwood and KEA kept busy and actually passed it around neatly - Westwood in particular played some very nice passes.

Walsall, defended very deeply in the second half and it would've been ideal to see Joe Cole playing, as we still lack that bit of guile to create chances, saying that, both CNZ and Grealish were good when coming on but didn't have a central forward to feed (although Jack ended up being the striker!!)

The scoreline didn't reflect the possession and control we had over the course of the game, IMO we hardly got out of first or second gear.

Parma will be a different test though.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

Odd, those seats were empty. I call bullshits ;)

You can't be talking about me and my mates, Dave and 8pints, We were sat in front of these idiots, not behind, you must be talking about some other knobs ;)

• Like 2

Â