Semi-Finals: BRZ GER NED ARG

limpid

Don't understand why Chelsea never tried Schurrle up front, quality striker.

im sure they did in a big game early on in the season, he had absolutely no presence and it didnt really work, completely cut off 

Fair enough, I didn't see. They should give him a few more chances, saw him run the show a fair few times when he was in Germany and he's doing it now.

I tell you what, if you are German this game will have probably cost you four or five grand to attend when you throw in travel and accommodation.  Worth every penny? 

• Like 1

I tell you what, if you are German this game will have probably cost you four or five grand to attend when you throw in travel and accommodation.  Worth every penny? 

yes!

to say i was there when the brazilian fans gave the oles to our players... bet that was mind blowing let alone the scoreline

I don't really care who wins, as long as it isn't Germany.........I think if they win then when we look back on the 2014 World Cup in 20-30 years time it will be remembered for a very controlled, sterile and solid Germany win, rather than the following-

Netherlands winning their first ever World Cup, destroying the current holders 5-1 in their first game, crazy penalty shoot-out keepers, and Villa having a World Cup winning captain in their ranks.

OR

Argentina winning the World Cup on their arch-enemies soil, with Lionel Messi proving once and for all he is the greatest player of all time (in my opinion) by dragging a weak Argentine team through the competition.

OR

Brazil winning their own World Cup, after losing their star man with a broken back in the quarter final, and battling through despite fielding arguably their weakest team in World Cup history

It might just be me, but I like a bit of 'romance' with my World Cup and it has definitely delivered so far, and any of the above happening will add to it. Germany winning it would take a lot of the romance out of the whole tournament,and make it less memorable as time goes on.

You were saying? ;) Edited by Amo69
  • Like 2

Don't understand why Chelsea never tried Schurrle up front, quality striker.

im sure they did in a big game early on in the season, he had absolutely no presence and it didnt really work, completely cut off 

Yeh they did it against United in Moyes' first game at Old Trafford. Didn't really work and they drew 0-0.

• Like 1