Joe Cole

TrentVilla

It was only Burnley but he looked a class above. I think starting him twice in 3 days was an error though with his age and injuries.

Possibly, but the fans would have slaughtered Lambert if he'd dropped Cole after the Burnley game

It was only Burnley but he looked a class above. I think starting him twice in 3 days was an error though with his age and injuries.

Possibly, but the fans would have slaughtered Lambert if he'd dropped Cole after the Burnley game

Yeah Lambert couldnt win on that one.

• Like 1

Yeah Lambert couldnt win on that one.

Lambert seems to struggle a lot with anything involving winning...

I'm not so sure. I think most understand the injury record Cole has had.

Also his team selection should be what's best for the team not what keeps the fans off his back.

Isn't it amusing btw he stick these 30 + year old wash up playmakers in our midfield and they still look a cut above, just shows how we've neglected the creative side of midfield over the last 5 years.

not the first time I remember other washed up players like Berger and even Keane looking a cut above when playing for us

Lambert is going to get slaughtered regardless of what he does ;)

Also his team selection should be what's best for the team not what keeps the fans off his back.

Come on mate.

There were loads of comments saying Cole HAD to start after the Burnley game (I was one of them)

If Lambert had dropped him it would have been yet another stick to beat him with.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Come on mate.

There were loads of comments saying Cole HAD to start after the Burnley game (I was one of them)

If Lambert had dropped him it would have been yet another stick to beat him with.

I think you'll have the extreme views who will use anything as a stick jump on it. But i'm very critical of the manager and I would have understood the logic, I think others would as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt bank on him being back in two weeks

A hamstring injury might typically involve a two week lay off but factor in that it's Joe Cole and you can add at least another fortnight on to that

Spot on.

He's in his 30s now, barely had a pre season, hasn't played much football in the last 18 months so you can add on a few weeks on to if a regular player got this injury.

Â